PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Make Bill O'Reily's Life HELL!?!

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Listened to the Interview 3x - and to my dissapointment BO went on Full Attack MODE. Actually taking about it on the show was good therapy!

RP did the best he could - BILL must now pay - Pay for having NO jounalistic integrity - bending the facts - and attacking our man! We can attack also! Let's put a plan together - ideas - thanks.

1 hour later - After calming down.....(deep breath)....Apparenty the best course of action is to remain civil, calm and stay the course - let's focus on getting RP elected!

Mister Grieves
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Elect Ron Paul to the White House in 2008.

ronpaulitician
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Guess you don't want Paul to come back on his show?

I'd like for Paul to make a studio visit one of these days. He really seems to do better in person. And I'd love for O'Reilly to have Paul on more frequently.

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Elect Ron Paul to the White House in 2008.

Yes....just flood oreilly@foxnews.com with cogent, understandable critiques of the interview is your best bet.

Being obnoxious, or calling Bill at home will only cause extra damage.

Let's move on, I'm crossing my fingers 60 Minutes did a piece!

JPFromTally
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
He is just a talking head trying to drum up war with Iran. Unfortunately, their lies are told so often that people start believing they are the truth:

- That Ahmadinejad is hell bent on acquring nuclear weapons.
- That the Iranian promotes terrorists.
- That Iran will invade Iraq if we leave.

Iran, and every other country in the world, would be absolutely nuts to try to launch a nuke at either US or Israel. It would assure their destruction. And BO's assertion that they would give it to terrorists "to do the dirty work for them" is grasping at straws.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM

I'd like for Paul to make a studio visit one of these days. He really seems to do better in person. And I'd love for O'Reilly to have Paul on more frequently.

Yeah, I agree. As much as I'd love to make O'Reilly miserable, George, don't you think it makes more sense to spend our time spreading Ron Paul's message?

PMatt
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately this is what he's paid to do.

I would also like to see Ron Paul do an interview on Fox where they don't discuss foreign policy. I think that could help him out a lot with the average Fox viewer. I think Hannity agrees with a lot of what Ron Paul says when it comes to doing away with government agencies. That probably isn't going to happen though. Sorry, got a little off topic.

dircha
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Listened to the Interview 2x - and to my dissapointment BO went on Full Attack MODE. Actually taking about it on the show was good therapy!

RP did the best he could - BILL must now pay - Pay for having NO jounalistic integrity - bending the facts - and attacking our man! We can attack also! Let's put a plan together - ideas - thanks.

Bill O'Reilly was not in full attack mode. If you've watched the show much, I think you'd have to concede that in fact he was very charitable to Dr. Paul.

Paul had ample opportunity to respond in most cases. Bill was completely justified in hassling Dr. Paul for not giving him a more direct answer on Iran. Paul should have seen this coming. Even I did. It is a question that Paul can answer directly, and should have answered directly as others have said.

That said, he was probably seen by several million households, and while his performance wasn't revolutionary, it also wasn't bad by any means.

Ozwest
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't insult Bill O'Reilly. We want Ron Paul to have a couple of more cracks at him.

Chernitsky
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't believe it's this interview that's finally waking people up to how worthless O'Reilly is....

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Bison
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Ignore him. Don't watch his show, don't give him the ratings.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
NYC meetup could go outside the Fox HQ and hand out flyers titled "Ron Paul's History lesson for dummies at Faux News" with the history of the ME that has led to where we are today, doesn't have to be super in depth, and could use bullet points to help those weak minded jerks comprehend it. (sorry, I'm :mad: ).

Also, someone can put together a youtube of ORiley's "talking points" tonight where he said that it was disrespectful and vile for moveon.org to run that ad asking if it is "Petraus" or Betray us" and showcase how disrespectful and vile he (Oriley) was to Dr. Paul.

And when it's President Paul, can he please NOT call on any reporter from that frikken bunch in any news conference, ever, not once in his whole 8 years? Please? :)

Kregener
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Mister Grieves beat everybody to it...

Pete Kay
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
It bothers me that so many Ron Paul supporters have such an immature and vindictive attitude. I constantly see Ron Paul supporters attacking other candidates on youtube and being rude and obnoxious. Sometimes I even feel embarrassed to admit that I'm a Paulite because of the terrible image that that some have given us.

Attacking O'Reilly is the worst thing that you can do. Bill was being Bill and he gave Ron Paul plenty of chances to make his arguement. Dr. Paul was able to handle Huckabee at the debates which was a much tenser situtaion but somehow he lost focus with Bill O'Reilly. Ron Paul should had known what he was getting himself into, but it seemed like he was trying to have an intelligent debate, but anyone who has seen the Factor knows that's not how the show works. It's all about arguments, not discussion. The only person to blame is Ron Paul. He wasn't prepared and there's nothing else to it.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I doubt that Dr. Paul watches Oriley very often.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I think we should be e-mailing a thank you to Bill O'Reilly for having Ron Paul on his show. That's what I did.

Chernitsky
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
It bothers me that so many Ron Paul supporters have such an immature and vindictive attitude. I constantly see Ron Paul supporters attacking other candidates on youtube and being rude and obnoxious. Sometimes I even feel embarrassed to admit that I'm a Paulite because of the terrible image that that some have given us.

Attacking O'Reilly is the worst thing that you can do. Bill was being Bill and he gave Ron Paul plenty of chances to make his arguement. Dr. Paul was able to handle Huckabee at the debates which was a much tenser situtaion but somehow he lost focus with Bill O'Reilly. Ron Paul should had known what he was getting himself into, but it seemed like he was trying to have an intelligent debate, but anyone who has seen the Factor knows that's not how the show works. It's all about arguments, not discussion. The only person to blame is Ron Paul. He wasn't prepared and there's nothing else to it.

So badmouthing and pointing out the truth about Bill O'Reilly damages the credibility of Paul's campaign? If you feel bad claiming to support Paul because of a select few who don't buy into O'Reilly's little games, you might reconsider your support.

Are you ashamed to be an American when a minority of us do something you disagree with?

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
He wasn't prepared and there's nothing else to it.

No. I've watched O'Reilly for years. Yeah it's Ron Paul's fault he didn't shout down O'Reilly, but that's just Ron Paul...a respectful Congressman who doesn't shout people down. Bill started that interview on a mission, and that mission was to make Paul look bad. He accomplished it for his viewers who are only paying 1/2 attention.

It's time to move on. The more we make Ron Paul a critical factor in this race, the less people can ignore him and the more attention he'll receive.

Ron Paul Fan
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, he did have him on his show to get his name out and to have somewhat of a debate. He could have not cut Dr. Paul off everytime he tried to explain something, but that's just the way he is. I don't think we need to be in full attack mode and I'm also appalled that someone would even suggest such a thing.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I doubt that Dr. Paul watches Oriley very often.

Yeah, but his staff really should have prepped him for it, don't you think?

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, but his staff really should have prepped him for it, don't you think?

Absolutely.

eta: actually, I think his staff should have laughed at the invite. But that's just me and I really REALLY hate Faux News.

Travis
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
The best attack agaist BO is to ignore him. Dont watch his show, hurt his ratings. Flooding hate mail will only fuel him and turn it back on Ron Paul. Just ignore him, hes not worth our time nor effort.

skipdisk
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Get him fired.................... Don't buy from their sponsors...

mport1
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought BO was relatively nice to Ron.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Someone can send him the video of Ron's keynote speech about non-interventionist foreign policy at Johns Hopkins tomorrow....

Might catch his attention.

American
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Yes....just flood oreilly@foxnews.com with cogent, understandable critiques of the interview is your best bet.

Being obnoxious, or calling Bill at home will only cause extra damage.

Someone create a canned email and change the title after you send it 100 times...

just an idea..............:D

Give me liberty
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought ron paul Did a great job, but i didnt watch to the end, cause i cant stand watching O Reily.

American
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I thought BO was relatively nice to Ron.

Yeah at least he didnt call him names, and cut his mic off like i Have seen him do.

Bison
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't see any reason to flood him with hate mail. I'm sure RP supporters have been emailing BO to have him put Ron Paul on his program, and so he did.

The interview was not all that bad. Oreilly has gone after people harder than that before. I think he was even showing some restraint. But a lot of his viewers tune in to see who Bill is going to go tilt on next. So BO probably tried to give them a little of what they tuned in for.

Over all I still don't think it was that bad. If you don't like his show just ignore him.

cdigi
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I think we should be e-mailing a thank you to Bill O'Reilly for having Ron Paul on his show. That's what I did.

I agree. RP was not as his best and BillO could have really given him a hard time.

Tina
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM

What planet are you from.

Pete Kay
09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
So badmouthing and pointing out the truth about Bill O'Reilly damages the credibility of Paul's campaign? If you feel bad claiming to support Paul because of a select few who don't buy into O'Reilly's little games, you might reconsider your support.

Are you ashamed to be an American when a minority of us do something you disagree with?

Everyone but the dumbest O'Reilly viewers knows all about his games. You don't have to buy into them, but don't act shocked by them. Badmouthing O'Reilly is stupid. O'Reilly was at typical form and Dr. Paul wasn't. He acted nervous and it showed painfully. He shouldn't have gone onto the show to argue with that dumbass if he wasn't ready to bring it. It's annoying how so many of you are making excuses for Dr. Paul. He's 72 years old. He understands how to take responsibility for his actions. It's what he preaches.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, I have watched O'Reilly a lot in the past, stopped watching him after 9/11. That interview was fairly sedate. Yes, Paul didn't get enough time and was not allowed to complete a few answers, but Bill wasn't in attack mode. Acting like Paul should have gone on the show with all barrels blazing is silly. Ron Paul likes intellectual discourse these days, maybe 20 years ago he'd been different, but now days he wants dialogue not screamfests.

People who think arguments are won by being an ass, controlling the discussion through loudness and interrupting think O'Reilly won. People who think logical arguments, decorum, perspective and educated big-picture thinking win arguments think the Dr. won. That's my observation so far. As for me, I'm in the Ron Paul kicked O'Reilly's closed-minded, fearmongering, fit-throwing ass camp.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Everyone but the dumbest O'Reilly viewers knows all about his games. You don't have to buy into them, but don't act shocked by them. Badmouthing O'Reilly is stupid. O'Reilly was at typical form and Dr. Paul wasn't. He acted nervous and it showed painfully. He shouldn't have gone onto the show to argue with that dumbass if he wasn't ready to bring it. It's annoying how so many of you are making excuses for Dr. Paul. He's 72 years old. He understands how to take responsibility for his actions. It's what he preaches.

I'm not acting shocked.

I am honestly shocked.

I am not a Faux News watcher.

It's been years since I watched Oriley.

What I saw stunned me.

I'm even more shocked to read that BO was decent based on how he usually treats guests. :eek:

I can't believe people actually watch such ... shit.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm not acting shocked.

I am honestly shocked.

I am not a Faux News watcher.

It's been years since I watched Oriley.

What I saw stunned me.

I'm even more shocked to read that BO was decent based on how he usually treats guests. :eek:

I can't believe people actually watch such ... shit.

I agree, but if you watch him every night you become inured to it.

I can't stomach O'Reilly anymore, but I do recognize he wasn't on full throttle against Paul during the interview.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I didn't think RP looked particularly "nervous." More like "pissed off."

Tina
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
A big yup on that. Anyone that thinks is okay has a problem.

speciallyblend
09-10-2007, 10:50 PM
heres how;) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17284

skipdisk
09-10-2007, 10:53 PM
I didn't think RP looked particularly "nervous." More like "pissed off."

Agreed a bit here. That is what Bill does. Make people nervous. I would like to see him do that to all candidates. See what their reactins are. Dr. Ron Paul played him nicely also. He was polite and asked to speak. That there alone speaks volume.
Dr. Ron Paul does believe in manners and asking to be heard. If it will not be given then force is needed. Dr. Ron Paul is our president. It is not hard to see that. He is a man for talking. We are his army, He did try to talk with Bill. Did he not?

Copperhed51
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I thought the appearance went pretty well for Dr. Paul.

1) If big news personalities feel compelled to interview/debate Ron Paul, it means that Paul is gaining ground in the race. He's primetime newsworthy and that's a good thing.

2) If people who watched actually consider the points Ron Paul is making and think hard about them, they might see some of the logic in the arguments and be inclined to learn more about him.

3) Any time he appears in public and says anything, it gives the other candidates more things to attack him on...and Ron Paul being attacked is a good thing because if top-tier candidates feel compelled to go after him, it effectively soaks Ron Paul up the ladder, inching him closer and closer to top-tier himself.

I just feel like exposure is a good thing. He didn't get his ass handed to him. He made his points and he didn't come across as some extremist/isolationist/crazy old bastard. Overall, I rate it as good exposure.