4. Social Security
5. Medicare/Medicaid
6. C.O.L.A.s
7. American Empire
8. North American Union
9. National Sovereignty
10. and on and on

I need a detailed platform before "I GO ALL IN"

With that said he has enormous potential as a '12 Republican POTUS candidate. It would be a major conflict, but he could win the RP nomination. He was the executive officer of a state for eight years and was a solid fiscal conservative the entire time. He was a far better REAL Republican than Bush. He vetoed more harmful, wasteful bills in one year than Bush did in eight years, etc., etc. He would be much harder to marginalize than Ron Paul. He would almost certainly be "TOP TIER" from the get go, if we can help put $30 to 40 million in his early coffers.

If he is solid on over 80% of the issues we believe in and there are no skeletons we should wholeheartily back him. Starting in '09 quietly laying the groundwork in most states can sure help him toward the RP nomination.

It looks like he needs a makeover but that can be handled easily. He has to look like a President to be elected POTUS. I know that's bad, but it is the truth...

Elwar
12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Most of those are federal matters of which he has no history of as a governor. He did support Ron Paul and is against the Iraq war. He's given speeches at many Libertarian Party events and was rumored to have put out some feelers for running for president on the LP ticket in 2004.

He does need to outline his platform for his presidential run but as he has said, he doesn't plan on anything like that until after Obama's Ingaugeration. Well I think his exact words were "I think Americans are tired of election politics right now, Obama's not even inaugerated yet"