PDA

View Full Version : What a Day !

kittyc
12-18-2008, 12:22 AM
What a Day !

On Monday we took a trip and bought a trunk full of Bees Wax for the salves I am making and hopefully some beeswax candles. The old gentleman was a true southern male, so respectful and manerly. He told us all about how his bees were kept and a little history on himself which was quite interesting. The wax was dirty and his apology was forth coming. That didn't really worry me as I knew I would have to process it as it was fresh from the hives. But I didn't know it had sit for a year in the garage in open garbage cans. His method of cleaning the wax seemed to make sense. Simple, put a little water in your kettle and lay in the wax, the wax would melt and all the trash would fall out into the water as the wax would float to the top as it cooled.

Sounded good to me.

First Don't ever listen to a Man who tells you haw to do something he has never done himself.

I followed his instructions and glory be the wax did melt and float to the top but so did all the trash. That stuff didn't plan on giving up it's home. I stirred it, cursed it, turned up the fire, nothing worked. Finally I settled back and decided to just let it harden up and get rid of the water and just melt it and strain it with a piece of cheese cloth,

It really looked solid and you could see the water on the bottom really. I swear it looked like the wax would fall out and the water would just drain away from it. I grabbed that pot and launched it into the sink when I realized I had made a most horrible mistake. The wax in the middle was still liquid and went right in the drain along with all the water. The minute the stuff hit the cold stainless sink it hardened even down the drain pipe.. After a hour or so of trying to dig it out with a spoon, knife and a lot of swearing I gave up and prepared a story to tell Tim. Surely the truth would not do in this instance.. Raiders had interupted me or scared me and I accidently poured all that wax down the drain? Naw... that won't work... Maybe blame it on Buddy,? Naw... It was plain I would just have to tell the truth and face the music.

Tim came in all smiles and wanting to see the new candles, what he saw was a sink full of hardend bees wax.. what a look I got and not a word about being stupid, careless, etc.. He took off the gooseneck which was full and then proceeded to remove even more pipe, it wound up he had to cut about 4 feet of pipe out from under the house and replace before we could use the sink again.. I have to say he is a great guy. Never a word.. just some ugly looks but not a word. He finally got the drain working again and put some lye down it to make sure it was cleaned out all the way though the house.

On his way out this morning he asked quietly to please don't dump any more wax into the sink. Not a problem, I will never do that again. I took the whole mess outside and dumped it on the porch, the water ran off and there was that blob of dirty wax again. I just remelted it and did as my Grandmother did many times, melted it poured it though the strainer with cheese cloth and I had a clean beautifully yellow sweet smelling glob of bees wax. So simple and quick. I don't know why I ever tried the other method?

Now ready for the Salve. The pot is filled with the tallow to melt, but there was some wax left which of course melted and splattered all over the counter and stove top, but not to bad. Just let it cool and peel it off. Wrong again, a couple of razor blades later I had most of it off but the stove will have to be really cleaned after this mess. Mean while the tallow ( Mutton) is smelling like wet dirty wool and the house is starting to smell like a musty barn. Not even the exhaust fan takes that smell out of the air.

Oh well may as well get it over with:

I dug out all my herbs and started measuring, not thinking I of course stuck my nose down close to check the smells, I love the clover smell, so clean and good smelling but forgot about sneezing.. My Lord people you have never seen such a mess.. Just two sneezes and I had the powder all over the floor, table, china cabinet everywhere. I had Comfrey root powder everywhere. Anyway leaving the dust I mixed the stuff into the tallow which has to set for about 8 to 12 hours so the herbs are absorbed into the tallow.

Such a yummy looking concoction.

I am sitting here now wondering why in the world did I ever even think of making that damned old Black Salve? It takes hours and smells up the house like you woldn't believe. Then I remembered, this stuff is good and no one seems to know how to make it any longer. With the book now hundreds of people will be able to ruin their kitchens and make the stuff for themselves.

I was reading about the Morgellens Disease and got to thinking. This salve ( the extra strength) will absolutely take off a skin cancer and draw out about any kind of infection so why wouldn't it work on the skin eruptions of this disease? If anyone knows anyone with this problem please let me know I will make some really strong salve for them to see if it works on that also. The article I read on the disease said they believed it was from the GMO food we are eating now. Mostly children have it and it seems to be horrible with pink filiments growing from the skin with horrible itching and pain. If the CDC absolutely determines it is from the geneticly altered foods we are being fed there ought to be such a up roar from the public it would put Monsanto completely out of business once and for all.

The story can be seen at: Morgellan disease: http://www.rwefree.com/morgella.htm

After visiting this link if you still think the food you buy at the grocery store is good for you then you are living in a different world from me. You have to read labels, check what you are eating and feeding your family. It isn't like it used to be where you trusted the grocer and manfacturer. They are not working to put out a good product but to make as much money as they can and not worrying about the consequences. I wonder if they eat this stuff also or do they have their own supplier of good healthy foodstuffs?

Our Book on Preserving your food and old time recipes which were used during times when electricity was not available will make a good present for those that are not aware of the many ways you can preserve your foods safely, without additives and which taste so great.We have updated our salve and added a extra stregnth version which is great for any wound or infection. It is claimed by many that it removes skin cancers and I have used it on my husband several times with good success. We still have our normal stregnth Black Drawing Salve which is great for drawing out infections, splinters and in general good for any wounds.

We still have the seeds and have been sealing them in a vacumm bags to reduce space and keep them fresh longer. Be very careful while ordering seed from some companies, They are selling HyBrids that will not be a true variety in seeds that are saved. Our seeds are all Open Polinated, Non Hybrid and Non GMO seeds.

"Mountain Memories" is written to help you make your own home remedies which work. Most of the formulas were taken from a book published in 1825 for families going west and having no way of calling a doctor when ill or hurt. Get one of these items on our mini mart page:
http://www.grannywarriors.com/minimart.htm

Hope you all have such a wonderful Christmas that it will be hard to describe. Let's us all pray for this country and the people in it ( even the rats that have done this to us) and enjoy our religious freedom and appreciate what the good Lord has blessed us with. Let your loved ones know they are loved.

I can't wait to start making the candles, I just know that will be a fun experience?

Keep checking the WWW.RWEFREE.COM website daily, I update it every day with new videos and articles.

Granny Warrior
(828)683-2009

xd9fan
12-26-2008, 05:41 AM
awesome post. Thanks for giving!