PDA

View Full Version : Ridley Report - RP 2012 - "Reagan staffer already gaming Paul 2012 run"

Jeremy
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Title is nothing new but cool vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeGMQBe7_OU

RevolutionSD
12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Title is nothing new but cool vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeGMQBe7_OU

I heard a rumor that Gary Johnson AND RP are going to run.
The idea is to have twice the coverage I guess, get the ideas out there from two sources.

I dunno, I think we need to just collapse the whole thing and replace it with....NOTHING.

rockandrollsouls
12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I heard a rumor that Gary Johnson AND RP are going to run.
The idea is to have twice the coverage I guess, get the ideas out there from two sources.

I dunno, I think we need to just collapse the whole thing and replace it with....NOTHING.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about this strategy. It could give Ron a viable vice presidential candidate if they are both fighting for the same ideas together, but in the primaries they could hurt each other . I'm not sure.

Rangeley
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure how I'd feel about this strategy. It could give Ron a viable vice presidential candidate if they are both fighting for the same ideas together, but in the primaries they could hurt each other . I'm not sure.
If this is really the plan, I would assume one of them would drop out and endorse the other prior to the primaries themselves.

Jeremy
12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Running two different candidates would be a totally different strategy... so it would be something new for us... not sure if that's a good or bad thing

mport1
12-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Running two different candidates would be a totally different strategy... so it would be something new for us... not sure if that's a good or bad thing

I think it will just dilute support. Probably not a good thing.

SamuraisWisdom
12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
If this is really the plan, I would assume one of them would drop out and endorse the other prior to the primaries themselves.

This

Lovecraftian4Paul
12-18-2008, 06:33 AM
I don't like the idea of two candidates. If we thought the write-in Ron Paul, Barr, Baldwin rivalries and bashing that went on before November was bad, it would be ten times worse during the actual primary. Strong appeal by two good liberty candidates would divide the movement. We need either Ron Paul or Johnson to come forward sometime in 2010 and tell us definitely that they are running, and that they want us to support them with the full brunt of our strength.

The only thing I would like to see changed with regard to multiple liberty candidates is with what happens after the primaries. After Ron Paul pulled out, we were left without a clear, powerful advocate in the General Election. I hope next time we have someone waiting in the wings to run third party or independent if our first choice doesn't make it through the GOP primary and is unwilling/unable to mount a third party bid of their own afterwards.

jrich4rpaul
12-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I like the idea. 2 candidates running with the same beliefs wouldn't make one look like such an oddball, like what happened to Paul this year. He was all by himself surrounded by neocons, which made people look at him funny because he didn't fit in. When you add more liberty minded candidates into the mix, people begin to think twice.

brandon
12-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I like the idea. 2 candidates running with the same beliefs wouldn't make one look like such an oddball, like what happened to Paul this year. He was all by himself surrounded by neocons, which made people look at him funny because he didn't fit in. When you add more liberty minded candidates into the mix, people begin to think twice.

Yep, I agree. I have been saying we should use this strategy since last December. The establishment candidates do it, and we should to. Hell, we should run 3 or 4 candidates if we could find more credible Libertarian-Republicans. The candidates that are polling the lowest drop out and endorse the candidate that is polling the highest before the primaries. It will be a great media stunt, add credibility to Ron Paul, give us more time in the debates, and bring in tons of new supporters.

rockandrollsouls
12-18-2008, 11:48 AM

Yes...this is where I'm coming from. But, I think the two should go in as a team, almost. If one falls off the map he throws his support behind the other sort of thing....but I guess this would depend on who is actually going to be shooting for the nomination.

Matt Collins
12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
A house divided will fall.

orafi
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
a fart divided is but a whiff

PhantomSTi
12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
For what it's worth I think the more liberty minded candidates will help our movement. Every other 'Republican' I talked to and tried to 'convert' them to Ron Paul I was ALWAYS told the following, "He's just way to radical. Abolishing the IRS, and the Federal Reserve... Pulling out of Iraq? That's really radical!" I would have to explain to them that "We need radical changes in Washington, besides these ideas are merely the same ideas of our founding fathers."

The more candidates talking about the same values that Dr. Paul talks about will offer more light to the message and to the people who only watch TV to pick their candidate. This will break that mentality when people tell me "His ideas are just to draconian."

The more the merrier!

tangent4ronpaul
12-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Yep, I agree. I have been saying we should use this strategy since last December. The establishment candidates do it, and we should to. Hell, we should run 3 or 4 candidates if we could find more credible Libertarian-Republicans. The candidates that are polling the lowest drop out and endorse the candidate that is polling the highest before the primaries. It will be a great media stunt, add credibility to Ron Paul, give us more time in the debates, and bring in tons of new supporters.

+1

itshappening
12-18-2008, 05:51 PM
RP shouldn't run because of age but I fear he will because he has a bandwagon of people around him

I see Johnson as a viable candidate who can bring new ideas and strategies, if RP is running it will just take away support/donations from any effort he mounts

haaaylee
12-18-2008, 11:43 PM
It isn't a bad idea. If we can get a bunch of them in there we have a much better chance of getting the sheep to vote for someone we like as well. We may end up dividing our votes, but not if the strategy is the have the weakest drop out - but not too soon. Then they can support the best liberty candidate left. We need our beliefs out there - Ron was all alone this time and look how much his small voice in the debates got? We need to add to our movement. And we can't leave Ron up there all alone again. ..