PDA

View Full Version : ** Ron Paul on Bloomberg: SS Is The Biggest Ponzi Scheme [YouTube] **

mrchubbs
12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Here is Ron Paul on Bloomberg this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N--WArBxGk

DIGG here:
http://digg.com/business_finance/Forget_Madoff_Social_Security_is_a_Bigger_Ponzi_Sc heme

Knightskye
12-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Hahahaha. Awesome.

Also, that's the first time I've heard him say we should get rid of the SEC.

Who would enforce those fraud laws, though - the courts?

Elwar
12-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I've been waiting for that to come out ever since I heard about what happened.

I was more like...ya, you think $50 billion is bad...

Truth Warrior
12-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Ron just nails it again<IMHO> Atta boy! ;) :D

TonySutton
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes, the courts would deal with fraud, just like they did with Enron.

He had a great quote that was a bit hard to hear. When he called Social Security a ponzi scheme. He needs to say that more often!

Truth Warrior
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
SS is the third rail of American politics. Touch it and DIE!!! ;)

Knightskye
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
SS is the third rail of American politics. Touch it and DIE!!! ;)

Ron Paul and Joe the Plumber agree that it's a joke. :)

By the way, Digg it:
http://digg.com/business_finance/Forget_Madoff_Social_Security_is_a_Bigger_Ponzi_Sc heme

Elwar
12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Social Security is welfare for old people.

Truth Warrior
12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Ron Paul and Joe the Plumber agree that it's a joke. :)

By the way, Digg it:

Oh, so do I. :) It's STILL the third rail. ;) The ~86 MILLION Boomer shit is just about to hit the fan.

fr33domfightr
12-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Yesterday, I was talking to people about SS being a big ponzi scheme. I think everyone agreed.

FF

socialize_me
12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Would people STOP using the abbreviation "SS" for every damn thing?? Makes me think you people are talking about the Schutzstaffel and Nazi shit.

dannno
12-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Social Security is welfare for old people.

That was the intention, but you should see what the politicians have done with it. One day those old people who paid into it are going to get really screwed over... even if the government prints the money, the value of the payments go down and their savings end up disappearing, it's a lose-lose.

brandon
12-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Everyone put on your tin foil hats. Okay ready?

At 1:02 Paul says "the counterfeiting of money." A couple seconds later the subtitle claims he said "the printing of money."

I am an electrical engineer and have done work with speech recognition. There is absolutely no way the word "counterfeiting" should be mistook as "printing"

Brassmouth
12-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Hahahaha. Awesome.

Also, that's the first time I've heard him say we should get rid of the SEC.

Who would enforce those fraud laws, though - the courts?

:rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Would people STOP using the abbreviation "SS" for every damn thing?? Makes me think you people are talking about the Schutzstaffel and Nazi shit.

Selective Service = SS
Social Security = SS
Secret Service = SS

Maybe we're just being conditioned, desensitized and softened up for "something sinister" ( SS ). :D

Primbs
12-17-2008, 11:23 AM
One of the captions said "Paul says we need more regulation."

The media still doesn't understand.

Elwar
12-17-2008, 11:50 AM
That was the intention, but you should see what the politicians have done with it. One day those old people who paid into it are going to get really screwed over... even if the government prints the money, the value of the payments go down and their savings end up disappearing, it's a lose-lose.

That'd be the case if the money they put in had anything to do with the money they're getting now. That's just what they're told so they don't feel like they're getting government welfare checks every month. (well it's my money, I've been paying into it all of these years).

Fact is, I am taxed and someone else gets a check from that tax. If that's not welfare, I don't know what is.

I don't start demanding welfare checks just because my income taxes have been going toward welfare families for so many years. How is Social Security somehow different?

purplechoe
12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
bump

DFF
12-17-2008, 06:30 PM
"Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme in history." LOL!!!

:D