PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Esoteric Agenda - The Full & Final Version

purplechoe
12-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Has anyone seen this video?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8707530337597304397&ei=c3hISb-ZB4f0-QGkwujsBQ&q=ESOTERIC+AGENDA+-+BEN+STEWART&hl=en

ihsv
12-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm about ten minutes into it, and his treatment of the historical origin of various religions and religious rituals/symbols is complete fluffery.

purplechoe
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm about ten minutes into it, and his treatment of the historical origin of various religions and religious rituals/symbols is complete fluffery.

I'm no expert on the esoteric but have been studying it for a while. The short overview in the beginning seems fairly accurate.

Conza88
12-16-2008, 11:21 PM
The previous one... (Dunno if its the same as this one)... was pretty good.

Organized religion is bs. It served the exact purpose as the state currently does, many centuries ago.

Be spiritual, accept God into your life... whatever :rolleyes: = But WHY the ---- do you need a middle man? That is clinically retarded. THe pastor is more worthy than you? :rolleyes: The guy who touches little kids and believes in God, has a better chance of going to heaven than an Athiest who respects the non aggression axiom + property rights his whole life?

The Ethics of Liberty by Murray Rothbard.

That should be your bible. Not some bullshit crackpot stories from centuries of old, which tells to respect your leaders because they are divine and men of God. :rolleyes:

</random rant>

I did like esoteric agenda the first time I watched it... If I did again, I dunno.

BuddyRey
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
The previous one... (Dunno if its the same as this one)... was pretty good.

Organized religion is bs. It served the exact purpose as the state currently does, many centuries ago.

Be spiritual, accept God into your life... whatever :rolleyes: = But WHY the ---- do you need a middle man? That is clinically retarded. THe pastor is more worthy than you? :rolleyes: The guy who touches little kids and believes in God, has a better chance of going to heaven than an Athiest who respects the non aggression axiom + property rights his whole life?

The Ethics of Liberty by Murray Rothbard.

That should be your bible. Not some bullshit crackpot stories from centuries of old, which tells to respect your leaders because they are divine and men of God. :rolleyes:

</random rant>

I did like esoteric agenda the first time I watched it... If I did again, I dunno.

Awesome! I've never read "The Ethics of Liberty" before, but I loved Rothbard's "For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto" and will definitely check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Here's the audiobook torrent for anybody else who is curious...

http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=0&subcategory=All&quality=All&seeded=0&external=2&query=Ethics+of+Liberty&uid=0&sort=

Conza88
12-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Awesome! I've never read "The Ethics of Liberty" before, but I loved Rothbard's "For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto" and will definitely check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Here's the audiobook torrent for anybody else who is curious...

http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=0&subcategory=All&quality=All&seeded=0&external=2&query=Ethics+of+Liberty&uid=0&sort=

:o

Ethics of Liberty - Murray Rothbard (http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics.pdf) (pdf)

Also audio on the Mises site... but they have to pay for brandwidth, so use the torrents when possible. Or donate after downloading stuff, or buy books from them :D

:)

dannno
12-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm no expert on the esoteric but have been studying it for a while. The short overview in the beginning seems fairly accurate.

ihsv thinks that his version of the "facts" is the only real version of the "facts" and anything outside of his version of the "facts" is fuzzy logic. He does not realize the point that the film is attempting to make, partly because he is judging it before actually watching it. Somewhere around mid-way through the film they talk about education in our country, and why the most educated in our society, such as scientists and lawyers, are able to prop up such a fraudulent system with things like dishonest money, federal reserve, water fluoridation, mercury vaccines, chemical pesticides, animal hormones, illegal cannabis, etc.. I really hope ihsv and others pay attention during this segment and reconsider what they have believe their entire life in general.