PDA

View Full Version : If Bush is convicted of war crimes, could Obama pardon him??

socialize_me
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I have a feeling if more info comes out about these torture authorizations that a major push for conviction of Bush will ignite; however, Obama I feel might pardon him because he's supposedly the Messiah. His followers will applaud Obama for being a merciful President and a "healer" like Ford was.

But my question is..can you be pardoned if you violate the Constitution as Bush did?? Or does the Constitution reign supreme over President Obama's ability to pardon individuals?? Are war crimes actually a pardonable offense? Pretty sure Obama's jurisdiction is restricted when it comes to this issue. Bush shouldn't be able to be pardoned, or can he be?

Elwar
12-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I imagine that Obama would allow some sort of U.N. war crime authority and hand Bush over on a platter to please his central government masters.

If it's a US court then Obama would pardon him as a code amongst presidents.

ToyBoat
12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, Ford pardoned Nixon, so.....?

SeanEdwards
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
A President can pardon anyone they want, regardless of the crime.

KenInMontiMN
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Unless of course its a global crime in the NWO international courts, in which case David Rockefeller can pardon him.

Ex Post Facto
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
You can't pardon an impeachment...this is why they must impeach rather than convict.

Dianne
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Absolutely !!! I'm sure that was all worked out before the United Nations made Obama President .... The UN controlled Congress headed up by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid said two years ago they would never impeach Bush, regardless of what he did... The UN representatives gave him a license to kill, cheat and steal. So you can well imagine that the UN's new baby doll Obama, won't lay a hand on any of his fellow CFR comrads. Hell Obama won't even provide his birth certificate, think he's going to provide docs on Bush/Cheney war crimes?

ThisCharmingAzn
12-17-2008, 03:05 AM
The president can pardon anyone he wants but NOT in the case of an impeachment. So the answer to your question is no.