PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Idea

Elwar
12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok, I had a fundraising idea that would probably require some legal overview, but...the idea is for an online texas holdem tournament to raise campaign funds.

Basically, you donate $50 to the campaign to get a seat at the table. You get so many chips and you and everyone else at the table plays for either cash or a prize (that possibly has also been donated). Maybe bumper stickers and other campaign gear for those that don't win. The games could go on day and night with people donating and playing. Maybe a big players table for larger donations.

I mean, if you can have an auction of trading campaign donations for items...why not win it in other ways?

nate895
12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, I had a fundraising idea that would probably require some legal overview, but...the idea is for an online texas holdem tournament to raise campaign funds.

Basically, you donate $50 to the campaign to get a seat at the table. You get so many chips and you and everyone else at the table plays for either cash or a prize (that possibly has also been donated). Maybe bumper stickers and other campaign gear for those that don't win. The games could go on day and night with people donating and playing. Maybe a big players table for larger donations.

I mean, if you can have an auction of trading campaign donations for items...why not win it in other ways?

I don't know what the laws are in Nevada, but in the rest of the country I am pretty sure that would be illegal. It is an interesting idea a lawyer would have to get on.