PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild The Party Plan appears to be inconsistent with suggestions

Jeremy
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.rebuildtheparty.com/plan

Most of the suggestion were things to support. Well I didn't read this yet, but it looks like they have written up some general internet-based things that they needed no help for... couldn't they have done it before? Why ask for suggestions?

acptulsa
12-16-2008, 01:55 PM
It has a real us vs. them feel to it. And we are not included in the 'us'.

"Rebuilding Our Grassroots Infrastructure. The fabric of the Republican Party at the local level is rending. We saw it this spring when a small and energized base of Ron Paul supporters succeeded in taking over many local party organizations.

"The reality is that this happened because our existing local party institutions are not all they could be. The Republican Party must be a civic institution again, with a volunteer base that is active year-round and is given real responsibility beyond showing up at a phone bank. In this last election, it should have been possible for volunteer leaders to organize their precinct or neighborhood for McCain, tasking them with..."

satchelmcqueen
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
ha. just read your link. this shows me flat out that the GOP does NOT want people who think like Ron Paul or support people like Ron Paul, which i might add WAS what the GOP used to be. I will no longer think about helping the GOP in a future election.

The only way they will get my vote is if Paul or a Paul like person runs as a Republican. I have no desire to waste my time on these crooks.

it also shows more than could ever be imagined that once they "pick" who they want to win, it does not matter what the majority says, only what the higher ups say.
screw em.

fr33domfightr
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
They are so far in denial that it will take defeat after defeat for them to finally realize their platform sucks now. They'll probably start thinking, we should be even more like dems. :rolleyes:

FF

mediahasyou
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
because there is no re-building. There is only the securing of the power pyramid of society.

inibo
12-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Rebuilding Our Grassroots Infrastructure. The fabric of the Republican Party at the local level is rending. We saw it this spring when a small and energized base of Ron Paul supporters succeeded in taking over many local party organizations

They are using us as a warning: if we don't get our act together these Ron Paul wackos are going to take over!

fr33domfightr
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
They are using us as a warning: if we don't get our act together these Ron Paul wackos are going to take over!

All they've got to do is look in a mirror. They've already destroyed our country!!! We're here to pick up the pieces!!!

FF

speciallyblend
12-17-2008, 12:39 AM

the REAL WACKOS are THE GOP, that is the funny/comical part of the story:)

tonyr1988
12-17-2008, 01:24 AM
This wasn't actually done officially by the GOP, right? It looks like several prominent members of the GOP have agreed to it, but it wasn't a GOP-sponsored initiative, right? If they do officially adopt this, I will immediately go and change my party status (there was worry that we would become a closed primary, so I registered Republican when I transferred my voter registration :p).

dr. hfn
12-17-2008, 01:44 AM
if only we could open the debates. get a Libertarian Party or Constitution Party candidate into the debate. We would win for sure

cybloo
12-17-2008, 02:37 AM
I stopped caring about this site after a few days and then especially after the trucknutz stuff. They're not going to listen though it seemed, at least in the beginning, that discussion was decent and some agreements were met. I had hope, but then I came back to reality.

It's kind of funny though... they want the same grassroots momentum RP had without the RP message. Hah... good luck with that.