PDA

View Full Version : What are "green" jobs?

smithtg
12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
As Obama has appointed his new "green" team, a scary bunch I might add, he continues to spew out things that he is going to create a "green" economy with "green" jobs. Since greenies are against basically every way electricity is produced (yes even wind), what are these "green jobs"?

feel free to be sarcastic.

One I could think of is that Obama could enslave some beuraucrats to check the air pressure in your car tires and call that a "green" job, right?

Maybe designated government tree planters?

I really think the 'green spin' on job creation is just a play to the left to appease them. Obama himself is not an idealist with regards the green movement IMO

Pepsi
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I can think of a few jobs that could be seen has "Green" jobs

1: Working the fileds, and planting GM Crops.

2: Planting trees

3: Working in abortion clinics, and making sure that woman well be able to have access to them 24 hours a day.

4: Working in medical clinics, and making sure that both men and woman well be able to have access to them for sterilization procedures 24 hours a day.

5: Working as a garbage man.

6: Working for the City to make sure that every body in your neighborhood complys with "Green Laws" and report them if they dont.

smithtg
12-16-2008, 09:26 AM
I can think of a few jobs that could be seen has "Green" jobs

1: Working the fileds, and planting GM Crops.

2: Planting trees

3: Working in abortion clinics, and making sure that woman well be able to have access to them 24 hours a day.

4: Working in medical clinics, and making sure that both men and woman well be able to have access to them for sterilization procedures 24 hours a day.

5: Working as a garbage man.

6: Working for the City to make sure that every body in your neighborhood complys with "Green Laws" and report them if they dont.

the guy that picks up those recycle bins is a green job.

calling anything 'energy star' and selling it would be a green job

scrap metal guys could be green jobs and the government could buy them out

Agent CSL
12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
http://flaccidtrax.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/oompa.jpg

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
The ultimate green job would be at a marijuana dispensary, but good luck getting him to support that...

dannno
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I would love to be a government approved hemp farmer with an indoor medicinal cannabis operation.

Obviously I would prefer to be a free citizen doing these things on my own, but I don't see that happening.

newyearsrevolution08
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
The ultimate green job would be at a marijuana dispensary, but good luck getting him to support that...

Actually a marijuana co-op would be best, no need to sell what you can grow for free outside and give to patients.

Marijuana dispensaries are all over the place as are patient grow co-ops, you just need to locate them.

I do agree though, marijuana growing would be the best clean and green job around. I would call it a hobby though BUT others could and do make a business out of it.

Truth Warrior
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
A "green job" could be to merely stop some folks from breathing, in order to reduce the impending planet threatening CO2 eco-devastation. :rolleyes: :D

Elwar
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Umm, "green jobs" would not be jobs where things are done, rather they will be jobs that will prevent things from being done.

There will be no planting trees or working on solar energy, they will merely be clogging the wheels of production in so called "non-green" industries.

smithtg
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Umm, "green jobs" would not be jobs where things are done, rather they will be jobs that will prevent things from being done.

There will be no planting trees or working on solar energy, they will merely be clogging the wheels of production in so called "non-green" industries.

yep and thats is what the "green team's" objective will be. Halt any progress by asking the 'real job' creator (i see the tv ads now)

"Is your new job offering green?"

Zolah
12-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I thought green jobs was a term for military-industrial-complex / green economy.

anaconda
12-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Gang-green jobs....will basically be jobs that relate to government mandated consumption or compliance. And will further help tank our economy by being non-competitive with other nations. Carbon Credit Accounting. Building hydrogen fuel cells that we will be forced to purchase, etc.

danberkeley
12-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Green jobs, such as sustainable jobs, such as jobs that sustain themselves, such being a politician. :cool:

jkr
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
the jobs dont change, the materials do.

the planing is done properly for the entire supply chain of industry.
things will work better and last longer, no more planed obsolecence.
air will be cleaner.

people will be smarter, more in connection with thier relationship with the planet they live on and the people they share it with

it is competion to the petro-chem-parm-prison-food thieves (see hemp, bamboo, etc)
grow what you need

produce real wealth that will allow parents to leave thier children an inheritance

cease buying things that make you dumber and poorer

inspire a sense of accountability, whic is lacking in this country these days.