PDA

View Full Version : Economy responsible for murder?

kathy88
12-16-2008, 05:18 AM
I live in Norman Rockwell town USA. Rural PA. Beautiful main streets lined with gas lights, quiet, little crime, and violent crime is usually reserved for domestic disputes. Yesterday in our sleepy little town there was a homicide.

story here

http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/story/Homicide-Victim-Identified-UPDATE/fCQKWuEX80mWArqwPG_h4A.cspx

Being a small town the real story goes like this. Landlord/tenant have been disputing over unpaid rents for a while (several months). Landlord goes to tenants apartment, serves tenant eviction notice. Landlord walks away. Tenant fires three shots, one of which hits landlord in the head, killing him instantly.

I'm wondering how much more of this we have to look forward to. In the actual town I live in, this is the first homicide in no one can remember how long. Very sad and very scary.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Very sad and scary too. :( The economy is no more responsible though, than the gun that the man used to carry out the murder. The suspect had a choice of whether to do what he did and unfortunately he chose poorly.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2008, 07:01 AM
As the wheels fall off, look for this kind of stuff to increase.

Leading, of course, to more heated bleating "to keep us safe".

And so it goes...all part of the plan.

ClayTrainor
12-16-2008, 07:10 AM
very sad :(

Im sure once more of these incidents start to happen, it will give Obama a great excuse to start taking guns away from the innocent.

Truth Warrior
12-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Saying the economy is responsible for murder is kinda like saying chemistry is responsible for murder. Economics is amoral.

People are responsible for murder. ;)

Elwar
12-16-2008, 09:01 AM
I've been to Norman Rockwell town USA and while it appears serene on the outside, the underground is quite wild...hookers and booze the likes of which you couldn't imagine.