PDA

View Full Version : Nobel economist calls for gold standard, blames Keynesians

socialize_me
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
http://digg.com/business_finance/Nobel_economist_calls_for_gold_standard_blames_Key nesians

YEAH! Front page of digg

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-15-2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.dabbledoo.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/jlist_digdug_pixeltoy.jpg

dannno
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, lots of people

Christian_Schramm
12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Wait! Read carefully what he said « Having an internationally oriented money standard would promote better quality currencies and less inflation, he added.

Nash further said that any such new international monetary system should be democratically determined, and cited the recent vote in Sweden not to abandon the Krona for the Euro.
»

I don't want an INTERNATIONAL SINGLE CURRENCY WITH A WORLD CENTRAL BANK...

Even if it IS THE GOLD STANDARD!!!!!!

Andrew-Austin
12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
This is the guy the movie "A Brilliant Mind" was based on? Neat.

Any of you chaps familiar with game theory? I pirated a series of lectures on it, and its kinda boring me to death.

Wait! Read carefully what he said « Having an internationally oriented money standard would promote better quality currencies and less inflation, he added.

Nash further said that any such new international monetary system should be democratically determined, and cited the recent vote in Sweden not to abandon the Krona for the Euro.
»

I don't want an INTERNATIONAL SINGLE CURRENCY WITH A WORLD CENTRAL BANK...

Even if it IS THE GOLD STANDARD!!!!!!

Thats what I thought at first too. "Yeah, a gold standard at the behest of a world bank and forced international currency".

But he did cite a vote AGAINST the Euro, a vote against the centralization of money?

Gold probably would become the global standard of money if government was out of the picture.

1000-points-of-fright
12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't think this helps the Gold Standard cause.

Champions of the Gold Standard... that crazy Ron Paul and the schizophrenic mathematician.

american.swan
12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
1. Gold and silver should be international money/currency
2. NO world central bank. (probably won't be able to stop this)
3. Nations can use paper money if they want pegged to gold at any rate they want.

Great, Champions of the Gold Standard... that crazy Ron Paul and the schizophrenic mathematician and some no name dude on a message board.

dannno
12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't think this helps the Gold Standard cause.

Champions of the Gold Standard... that crazy Ron Paul and the schizophrenic mathematician.

You're right. Silence is definitely the best approach.. we were almost THERE until that damn schizo came and tried to convince everybody :rolleyes:

1000-points-of-fright
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I forgot to use the rolly eye emoticon. Will the internets ever forgive me?

You know what I was getting at.

wizardwatson
12-16-2008, 09:31 AM
You're right. Silence is definitely the best approach.. we were almost THERE until that damn schizo came and tried to convince everybody :rolleyes:

Let's not forget Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, Charlie Sheen, and Chuck Norris.

We got paranoids, nerds, action heroes and schizos.

Pretty soon Tom Cruise will join us and we'll all be fucked.

:D

acptulsa
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
In the case of a worldwide adoption of the gold standard, what would central banks do? Besides plot how to take the whole thing over, that is. It's not like they'll be able to deflate it for gain. They can manipulate, but without finding a new mother lode they can't seriously deflate it.

fr33domfightr
12-16-2008, 10:22 AM
In the case of a worldwide adoption of the gold standard, what would central banks do? Besides plot how to take the whole thing over, that is. It's not like they'll be able to deflate it for gain. They can manipulate, but without finding a new mother lode they can't seriously deflate it.

What they would do is create notes backed by gold, that's how it could be deflated. Instead of backing 100% with gold, it might only be 30%, then you can print more money. I don't like the idea of a Central Bank since we'd lose control. Later, they'd just get rid of the gold standard again.

FF