PDA

View Full Version : Possible Illinois Special Election for Senate

nate895
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
We need someone to run for Senate in Illinois because it looks like they will have a special election to fill the vacancy. It would be awesome if we could funnel a lot of money and effort into this one senate seat and actually win. Is there anyone big in Illinois we could get to run? If there isn't, we can get a relative no name and give him some money so he can become the next Senator from Illinois.

Lucille
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
They really should have a specal election. Anyone they appoint will be tainted.

I wonder if Ditka will run for it now.

nate895
12-15-2008, 01:03 PM
They really should have a specal election. Anyone they appoint will be tainted.

I wonder if Ditka will run for it now.

He rejected the offer last time, but that would have been against Obama the Messiah, so who knows this time. Would he be a good candidate or just another neocon?

Aratus
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
do think of how alan keyes must be following this all...
he must be trying to contain his impulse to run again...

Lucille
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking he might be up for it this time. But I really don't know what sort of Republican Ditka is.

Has there been any talk about a special election for Gov. as well?

nate895
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking he might be up for it this time. But I really don't know what sort of Republican Ditka is.

Has there been any talk about a special election for Gov. as well?

Not for governor, just for Senate. The Lt. Gov. will take over until the 2010 election most likely. I think we should get someone to run other than Ditka because we aren't sure what kind of Republican he is, and he might not even run. If he runs and he is good, we can throw our support behind him.

Shotdown1027
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Illinois State Senator Chris Lauzen (R-Aurora) is a Paulite, apparently, and would probably run.

Other options:
State Sen. Steve Rauschenberger (former Republican State Senator from Illinois)
State Rep. Cal Skinner (former Republican State Representative from Illinois)

Dr. Daniel Drezner (ddrezner@gmail.com) is a professor at the University of Chicago Law School, who is a libertarian Republican, too.

nate895
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Illinois State Senator Chris Lauzen (R-Aurora) is a Paulite, apparently, and would probably run.

Other options:

Dr. Daniel Drezner (ddrezner@gmail.com) is a professor at the University of Chicago Law School, who is a libertarian Republican, too.

Should we start an email campaign for Lauzen to run if and when they pass a bill for a special election?

Shotdown1027
12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
That is up to the folks in IL.

fr33domfightr
12-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Other options:

Is there any voting records we can review on these guys?

In light of what's been going on, an outsider might actually have a better shot. THEY can claim they aren't part of the corruption, so they'd be a good choice.

FF

nate895
12-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Bump

Shotdown1027
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
You guys can look up their records,which wont be perfect. But they're all libertarian Republicans.

When encouraging them to run, it'd be easy to make a deal with them about trying to follow Paul's votes on foreign policy and economic issues, or whatever.

james1906
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM
The guy who held the seat previously, Peter Fitzgerald, made sense some of the time. He didn't run for reelection because he got sick of the GOPBS.

The_Orlonater
12-16-2008, 07:33 PM
I can do the campaigning when I have the time.

thechitowncubs
12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I'll run :D

fr33domfightr
12-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I'll run :D

If you use that avatar on campaign materials you'll lose. Is that a blowers cramp?? :p;)

FF

Theocrat
12-16-2008, 11:52 PM
It would be so awesome if we could get Chad Koppie (http://www.compustuff.org/koppieforsenate/Bio/aboutchadkoppie.htm) in that seat!

nate895
12-17-2008, 12:28 AM
It would be so awesome if we could get Chad Koppie (http://www.compustuff.org/koppieforsenate/Bio/aboutchadkoppie.htm) in that seat!

Getting a Republican nominee would be a much better idea.