PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream economics authors starting to use the language "print money"

AggieforPaul
12-15-2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.economist.com/finance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12689745

I love it! :D

All the Keynesian hacks I talk to always try to insist that the Fed doesnt need to print money to increase the money supply, and that only tin foil loons use that vernacular.

Michigan11
12-15-2008, 08:28 AM
We must be getting close to the end of the dollar, as you point out we are hearing the words "print" more often. Most people aren't even aware of this, yet when the masses figure it out, there will be people demanding we print more of it! LOL

acptulsa
12-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Speak truth to power, and all the world's solid evidence will support you. Keep up the good work!!

hadenough
12-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Maybe they should just start using those ink stamps to make it. Then offer them on QVC so everybody can make their own money.

Michigan11
12-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Maybe they should just start using those ink stamps to make it. Then offer them on QVC so everybody can make their own money.

LOL. Looks like we need to write our congressmen and persuade them.

fr33domfightr
12-15-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.economist.com/finance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12689745

I love it! :D

All the Keynesian hacks I talk to always try to insist that the Fed doesnt need to print money to increase the money supply, and that only tin foil loons use that vernacular.

Actually, those Keynesians are right. We don't print money to increase the money supply, that would be too slow. We actually create the money in computers, with digits, instead of paper.

FF

Brian4Liberty
12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, the media is using the term "print money" a lot now. Most people know that it is just a metaphor for money creation, and "printing" is a very small part of it.

fr33domfightr
12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, the media is using the term "print money" a lot now. Most people know that it is just a metaphor for money creation, and "printing" is a very small part of it.

I think most people don't have a clue about what's happening now. They can, however, understand "printing" money, but they also don't understand the significance of this, even if it were actually factually true. Most people are totally clueless!

FF

hadenough
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Question: If you printed a $100 bill per second, how long would it take to make 7 trillion. Answer: over 2,000 years

hadenough
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
LOL. Looks like we need to write our congressmen and persuade them.

I say we hire Billy Mays to do an infomercial.

nate895
12-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Question: If you printed a $100 bill per second, how long would it take to make 7 trillion. Answer: over 2,000 years

That is why they print massive sheets at a time, with multiple printing presses ready to go.

BTW, hard paper currency is still needed because you need to be able to withdraw your bank funds in hard paper currency if you want to.

fr33domfightr
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
That is why they print massive sheets at a time, with multiple printing presses ready to go.

BTW, hard paper currency is still needed because you need to be able to withdraw your bank funds in hard paper currency if you want to.

Only about 3% in paper notes are needed, all the rest is virtual.

FF

raystone
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Even heard the term "fiat" on the Rush show today, some fill in host.