PDA

View Full Version : You'd think CFL would have better things to do.

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Than worry about what name I use on emails or my profile. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Why? What name did you use? :confused:

evilfunnystuff
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM

care to elaborate a bit?

torchbearer
12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I got the same email.
They want district and state coordinators to use their real names as their User name to help the other users.

here is a part of the email:

Hello and thank you for agreeing to act as a Campaign for Liberty interim Congressional District Coordinator!

Campaign for Liberty interim coordinators are asked to use their given name as user name in order to facilitate full and open communication with members. Your user name is displayed on messages and blogs. When a member sees a message from you or blog written by you under your given name, they will better recognize its importance knowing that it is coming from their coordinator.

Kludge
12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Hah! The source of Hard Wood has been discovered!

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Here is the email

Campaign for Liberty interim coordinators are asked to use their given name as user name in order to facilitate full and open communication with members. Your user name is displayed on messages and blogs. When a member sees a message from you or blog written by you under your given name, they will better recognize its importance knowing that it is coming from their coordinator.

To hell with them! I'll use whatever name I want! Or I want use their site. Pretty simple. Here is my profile. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/user/TruthisTreason/

LibertyEagle
12-14-2008, 12:54 PM
I got the same email.
They want district and state coordinators to use their real names as their User name to help the other users.

That seems reasonable.

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 12:54 PM
This pissed me off, to say the least. :mad:

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
That seems reasonable.

What the hell is in a name? If your district knows you as UNCLE BUBBA, just so they know you by a name, what does it matter?

newyearsrevolution08
12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
It is professional, I think there are a few "Grassroots" people who want it to remain grassroots including their online/offline identity BUT I would agree with the cfl on this one because if you are going to be state coordinator then your full name should be the least that people within your state know.

Might get others out of their shell so to speak as well.

newyearsrevolution08
12-14-2008, 12:59 PM
What the hell is in a name? If your district knows you as UNCLE BUBBA, just so they know you by a name, what does it matter?

Well then everyone in your district calls you uncle bubba, those who are just getting introduced to a state coordinator or precinct leader MIGHT want to hear a name instead of

Sexy4UCrazyboutRonPaul2012

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 01:04 PM
It is professional, I think there are a few "Grassroots" people who want it to remain grassroots including their online/offline identity BUT I would agree with the cfl on this one because if you are going to be state coordinator then your full name should be the least that people within your state know.

Might get others out of their shell so to speak as well.

My name is there for everyone to see, as is my phone number. You may have to be a dues paying member to see it, I'm not sure. Someone check my profile and see.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/user/TruthisTreason/

My point is: Don't they have better things to do, than worry about what name is on a hypothetical email that I've haven't even sent? Hell, anyone I've tried to contact in my district doesn't even log on to their site to check their messages. They shouldn't waste their time splitting hairs with the few of us who are avid internet users.

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
sexy4ucrazyboutronpaul2012

lmao

evilfunnystuff
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM

well in most cases the given name would be the most recognised name especialy in cases when you may give an interview with a newspaper or on the local news.

if your case is different just go ahead and keep usin your prefered/more recognised moniker the email doesnt seem to say "must" or "required".

my guess is in most cases usin there given name would be a help and if yours is different then keep doin your thing but at least consider what they said as it wasnt a personal attack by the looks of it.

evilfunnystuff
12-14-2008, 01:10 PM
My name is there for everyone to see, as is my phone number. You may have to be a dues paying member to see it, I'm not sure. Someone check my profile and see.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/user/TruthisTreason/

i can see a name but no number

torchbearer
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
i can see a name but no number

Some information can only be seen by precinct leaders...
More info can be seen as district coorindators... and even more for state coorindators.

I can see all my info, but i'm not sure how much others can see.

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 01:13 PM
well in most cases the given name would be the most recognised name especialy in cases when you may give an interview with a newspaper or on the local news.

if your case is different just go ahead and keep usin your prefered/more recognised moniker the email doesnt seem to say "must" or "required".

my guess is in most cases usin there given name would be a help and if yours is different then keep doin your thing but at least consider what they said as it wasnt a personal attack by the looks of it.

You're right. Seeing that torchbearer got the same email.

They should just remove me as district coordinator and let me just be an internet poster and reader. I'm not very good at going out and talking to people, anyway. I'm too opinionated and pompous. The only reason I'm the coordinator is because CFL pissed off the young lady that was doing a very good job.;) And she has failed to even register on the site since RFR. :(

evilfunnystuff
12-14-2008, 01:34 PM
You're right. Seeing that torchbearer got the same email.

They should just remove me as district coordinator and let me just be an internet poster and reader. I'm not very good at going out and talking to people, anyway. I'm too opinionated and pompous. The only reason I'm the coordinator is because CFL pissed off the young lady that was doing a very good job.;) And she has failed to even register on the site since RFR. :(

you can always make a seperate account for your not so profesional side it might make it a bit easier for ya. lol

its a real shame they chased her off.

i am kinda critical of the cfl but am still hoping it shapes up to be better than my expectations and they do still have a chance as they are still just getting there feet on the ground.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Hah! The source of Hard Wood has been discovered!

ROTGLMAO!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
The only reason I'm the coordinator is because CFL pissed off the young lady that was doing a very good job.;) And she has failed to even register on the site since RFR. :(

They seem to have a real talent for doing that.

-t

pacelli
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
A name is a designation of property assigned by the owner thereof. I don't have an owner, therefore, I don't have a name.

Matt Collins
12-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I tend to agree with CFL on this one. Why? Because there are 30+ something people in my state that I have no idea who they are because they are going by some moniker.

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I tend to agree with CFL on this one. Why? Because there are 30+ something people in my state that I have no idea who they are because they are going by some moniker.

You agree they should be wasting their time with this?

torchbearer
12-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I consider this thread a waste of time... along with many activities we all participate in throughout our lives.
An organization implemented policies they believe to be helpful isn't a waste of time.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2008, 06:52 PM

It doesn't take a whole lot of time to ask coordinators and precinct leaders to use their own names. I dare say you have spent much more time than they did in making the request, by complaining about it.

WRellim
12-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Sounds to me like CFL sent out a general email with a suggestion of something with an objective, solid basis, that they think will improve the professionalism of the group and which should be helpful for people trying to work with leaders of the campaign.

The only one wasting a lot of time on it seems to be people with obfuscatory nicknames.

Normally I'm a critic of CFL, but on this one... I they got it pretty much spot on correct. (I'm surprised).

TruthisTreason
12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
It doesn't take a whole lot of time to ask coordinators and precinct leaders to use their own names. I dare say you have spent much more time than they did in making the request, by complaining about it.

And you've spent some time on this thread, as well. Like I said it pissed me off and I complained.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
And you've spent some time on this thread, as well. Like I said it pissed me off and I complained.

Nothing wrong with that. :)

Matt Collins
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
You agree they should be wasting their time with this?I don't consider this a waste of time.