PDA

View Full Version : Youtube settings?

aravoth
12-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Youtube changed something when they went to a having an HD option. I can get a video to play in HD, and I can get it to play in high quality, but the regular stream looks like absolute shit, no matter how hard I try to make it better. I've looked at every single web site explaining exactly what settings they are using now. I've uploaded in every single format you can think of. So far the best I've found is h264, MP4, at a bitrate of 4080 kbs, PAR at 680x360.

I have done 1280x720, allowing for a high def option, but that will not play on every computer, simply because certain monitors will not allow it.

You used to be able to "trick" youtube by uploading a .FLV at nominal settings and they wouldn't compress it, now apparently they've fixed that.

I have tried .wmv, .mov, .mp4, .flv. I have tried multiple Pixel aspect ratios, resolutions, and bitrates. So far it looks blurry. If played in high quality it's fine, but youtube won't default to high quality.

Anyone have any idea what settings are native to youtube now? There is a ton of speculation out there, and I can tell you that so far, nothing I've read is right. Should I just bite the bullet and upload the damn thing to my main account? Or do any of you have any idea how to make it look better in default so normal people would be able to watch it without getting a head ache?