PDA

View Full Version : Sixty Minutes Doing a Piece on Ron Paul?

Bob Cochran
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=48696

Please forgive me if someone already opened a thread on this.

Based on my feel for how the MSM is treating Dr. Paul, I think they're trying to figure out if they should stop disrespecting him and start taking him seriously.

I saw resignation in Sean Hannity's body language during a moment when Dr. Paul was talking to Colmes, when Hannity probably thought he was off-camera for a few more moments. Hannity is being used as a tool -- he IS a tool....anyway....... -- to try to make Ron Paul go away. But he WON'T go away so I think the MSM is really trying to figure this out now.

A Sixty Minutes segment could help to bust things wide open for Ron Paul's campaign, though I should say that based on the most recent straw polls, Ron Paul is doing pretty impressively already.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I would love for him to be on 60 Minutes. Also, Larry King Live and Meet the Press. Ah heck, ALL of the news shows. :)

Tuck
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I saw resignation in Sean Hannity's body language during a moment when Dr. Paul was talking to Colmes, when Hannity probably thought he was off-camera for a few more moments.

As somebody who likes to study body language and facial cues I'd be interested in more information. Which clip was it and at what time mark?

itsnobody
09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes, this will be GREAT for Ron Paul...looks like Ron Paul has already won

Bob Cochran
09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
As somebody who likes to study body language and facial cues I'd be interested in more information. Which clip was it and at what time mark?
Goodness, I don't know. YouTube is blocked here at work. You shouldn't have much trouble catching the shot.

Bob Cochran
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes, this will be GREAT for Ron Paul...looks like Ron Paul has already won
The big hurdle is the Republican Party. Will they make Ron Paul their nominee? This seems so very unlikely.

On the other hand, maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee if Ron Paul gets full blown mainstream media coverage. Ron Paul is a lovable character and I think people are starved for someone like him. He's a down-home, neighborly, kindly small-town doctor who would help your mom carry her groceries to the car and who will deliver your kids, and who shows up at your BBQ picnic and has smart things to say about history, the economy, foreign policy...a guy who stepped out of the 1950s as far as his manners but is thoroughly modern and educated...

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
The big hurdle is the Republican Party. Will they make Ron Paul their nominee? This seems so very unlikely.

On the other hand, maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee if Ron Paul gets full blown mainstream media coverage. Ron Paul is a lovable character and I think people are starved for someone like him. He's a down-home, neighborly, kindly small-town doctor who would help your mom carry her groceries to the car and who will deliver your kids, and who shows up at your BBQ picnic and has smart things to say about history, the economy, foreign policy...a guy who stepped out of the 1950s as far as his manners but is thoroughly modern and educated...

Exactly! People always talk about how conservatives are heartless and don't care about people. I guarantee Ron Paul would be the type of guy to give up the shirt on his back to help someone in need. True COMPASSIONATE Conservatism.

The Good Doctor
09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I sure as hell hope so. And I hope they don't botch it either.

Based on my feel for how the MSM is treating Dr. Paul, I think they're trying to figure out if they should stop disrespecting him and start taking him seriously.

I saw resignation in Sean Hannity's body language during a moment when Dr. Paul was talking to Colmes, when Hannity probably thought he was off-camera for a few more moments. Hannity is being used as a tool -- he IS a tool....anyway....... -- to try to make Ron Paul go away. But he WON'T go away so I think the MSM is really trying to figure this out now.

A Sixty Minutes segment could help to bust things wide open for Ron Paul's campaign, though I should say that based on the most recent straw polls, Ron Paul is doing pretty impressively already.

The Good Doctor
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
And I like the way Colmes at least tries to call BS on Hannity about Dr. Paul. And I recall that Colmes was in the Good Doctor's corner in the post debate interview last week. It is refreshing. :D

itsnobody
09-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Its not really that big of a problem, just get independents and undecided voters to register Republican...plus I know a lot of hardcore conservatives who use to support Bush in 2004 who are now for Ron Paul....the thing is Ron Paul supports private citizens helping others but not the government forcing citizens to help each other...there's a great difference

I'm telling you, its over, Ron Paul has already won....

Geronimo
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure when they're going to air it, but 60 mins did an interview with RP this morning.

Ron Paul 60 Minutes and Bill O'Reilly Appearances Could Slash Odds Further

At 8 to 1 odds of becoming the next US President, Republican Ron Paul must be a happy camper. Too bad the mainstream media hasn't quite picked up on his grass roots popularity just yet though.

But good news has come to the Ron Paul camp. Media sources have been abuzz all day long Monday of the 60 Minutes camera crew arriving at Ron Paul's Washington office early in the morning. Whether there will be a story on Dr. Paul or simply a general segment on the Presidential candidates as a whole remains to be seen.

The Free Market News Network claims that "Media has exploded for Ron Paul since his breakthrough debate with Mike Huckabee over the war in Iraq." This debate occurred just a few days ago but garnered Paul plenty of national attention to be sure.

CNN remains in negotiations for a Ron Paul (R-Tex) debate with Mike Huckabee and negotiations over the candidate's appearance on O'Reilly tonight appear to have been worked out, as Ron Paul's own website announced this morning. O'Reilly's site carries the following: "Showdown Over Iraq: Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul goes head-to-head with Bill." Stay tuned.

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-091007.html

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't trust Free Market News after they came out with that 5 Million dollar thing. They remind me way too much of a tabloid.

maxmerkel
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't trust Free Market News after they came out with that 5 Million dollar thing. They remind me way too much of a tabloid.

thats certainly true, sometimes i think their "sources close to the campaign" are posts in this forum :D

0zzy
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I will not take my news source from them.

Larofeticus
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I talked with a national staff member at a meetup today.

Things like this don't get announced for a reason and he was noticably annoyed that FMN had mentioned it.

richard1984
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM

That's a really nice little write-up about Dr. Paul there Bob. I like it a lot! :D
(Don't lose it.)

Elwar
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I wish 60 minutes could have highlighted the sheer lack of lobbyist traffic into the Ron Paul DC office.

Tn...Andy
09-11-2007, 04:47 AM

They BETTER wake up and smell the coffee. None of the other "business as usual, stay the course" guys has a chance to beat Hillary. THIS is what the 2006 congressional race should have told the Republicans......the American people are sick and tired of broken Republican promises and more sick and tired of a war without end in the middle east.

IF the Republicans want a shot at the White House in 2008, they HAVE to offer a clear choice and break from the past.

Ron Paul is it.

This is my message to 'average' Republicans. The party leadership itself probably doesn't care, since the Powers That Be control both parties and really don't care which of their tweedle dee or tweedle dum puppets takes it.

davidhperry
09-11-2007, 05:49 AM

I think it's this clip:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7m22tUtpo8

davidhperry
09-11-2007, 06:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. This is a critical time in the campaign since RP has piqued the interest of many people but he hasn't quite reached the tipping point yet. The MSM media has sensed this and is now trying to figure out where all the momentum is coming from.

The best way that we can send a message to the media that Ron Paul is worth covering is to give financially to the campaign. If the numbers for the quarter ending this month are good, then that will be a clear signal to the news outlets that the campaign is getting large amounts of support. That's exactly how Obama got to where he is today - people started taking notice of his fundraising. Beyond that we should also continue to contact local and national media outlets about covering Ron since that also has an impact.

The campaign is like a 747 which is flying under the radar and it's up to us to get him across the chasm. PLEASE commit to talking to others about Ron on a daily basis and donate what you can to the campaign. Focus on the low handing fruit first - family and friends since those are the easiest to connect with. Once you've exhausted your immediate sphere of influence, then start uplugging strangers from the matrix. :)

sunny
09-11-2007, 06:25 AM

i really like your description of this beautiful man too!

thanks!