PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: "Insulting Treatment of Ron Paul"

Yvonne
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
LP Founder, David Nolan offered the following resolution denouncing the Barr/Root campaign which was soundly defeated by the Libertarian National Committee:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024401.html

Kludge
12-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Is there any more news on how the committee meeting went down? I know Ruwart would have defended Nolan.

Matt Collins
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow... I might have to get some popcorn and a beer or something. Watching the LP disintegrate is very entertaining.

But in all seriousness, it is ashame that the LP can't get their stuff together because I essentially would probably end up voting for them every chance I get.

torchbearer
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow... I might have to get some popcorn and a beer or something. Watching the LP disintegrate is very entertaining.

But in all seriousness, it is ashame that the LP can't get their stuff together because I essentially would probably end up voting for them every chance I get.

The LALP is not the National LP.
In fact, most states are autonomous.

fr33domfightr
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Nolan seems to be blaming the Barr/Root ticket. It's fair to blame Barr for part of it, but I would say the LP should take their share of the blame. Of all the events I attended, I saw very few LP supporters, and some Barr supporters. If LP members were in the ranks of the RP supporters they must have kept really quiet. Maybe the LP members are just too low?? But why weren't they on the street waving signs or getting people registered?? The LP should take the blame for that, at least.

FF

torchbearer
12-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Nolan seems to be blaming the Barr/Root ticket. It's fair to blame Barr for part of it, but I would say the LP should take their share of the blame. Of all the events I attended, I saw very few LP supporters, and some Barr supporters. If LP members were in the ranks of the RP supporters they must have kept really quiet. Maybe the LP members are just too low?? But why weren't they on the street waving signs or getting people registered?? The LP should take the blame for that, at least.

FF

The LALP was running the show for Ron in Louisiana. 80% of the meet-up groups were led by LPers in this state.
That is why did so well here, we all knew each other, we've been fighting this battle for several decades, and we were already organized.

fr33domfightr
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
The LALP was running the show for Ron in Louisiana. 80% of the meet-up groups were led by LPers in this state.
That is why did so well here, we all knew each other, we've been fighting this battle for several decades, and we were already organized.

That's good. I didn't see hardly any in California. It would seem the LP needs to expand in order to have more influence. Hey, I'm on your side, but more action needs to be implemented. Ron Paul isn't the leader of the LP, so its up to the LP and members to do even more.

FF

tonesforjonesbones
12-13-2008, 08:20 PM
The LP should get rid of those 'think tank' dwellers at the Cato Institute. That would be a step in the right direction. Tones