PDA

View Full Version : Is This AFS Trinity 150 MPG SUV Being Suppressed By The Auto Industry?

LibertyEagle
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.pyrabang.com/view.php?ref=dandan&post_id=8177&visitor=true

Kotin
12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
hope this surprises no one.

nickcoons
12-12-2008, 03:45 PM
One of the concerns of the big-three tanking is the lost jobs and wasted resources (manufacturing plants, etc), which I've already addressed in other articles. But this brings up another interesting alternative.

Since the domestic auto manufacturers refuse to mass-produce this technology, and if they go out of business, then there will be plenty of cheap factories available for purchase in which to manufacture these 150MPG vehicles, and lots of skilled people with nothing to do. Sounds like yet another positive of denying a bailout.

M House
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Okay look at the method of operation it's a bit inaccurate to call it a 150mpg vehicle. Sounds just like those plug in hybrids. So it can go a distance on it's on batteries without using gas. Um how about just calculating the mileage when it's using it's engine and then just state clearly the mileage the battery lasts.

evilfunnystuff
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Um how about just calculating the mileage when it's using it's engine and then just state clearly the mileage the battery lasts.

i agree it is a bit decieving to just say 150 mpg without a qualifier

AFS Trinity's 150-MPG mileage estimate is based on a typical week of driving: 40 miles, 6 days per week and 80 miles on one weekend day each week. The first 40 miles of every day are electric, with gasoline being used only for distances beyond 40 miles. For this driving profile, the XH-150 uses up to 2 gallons of gas to travel 320 miles, which works out to 160 mpg, which the company rounds down to 150 miles per gallon.

bojo68
12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I can see why people would pr9otest a 150mpg claim too, it's pure bs. Their drive cycle is the battery/capacitor range 6 days of the week, the 7th day they drive it 40 miles past battery range, claim it used 2 gallons for 320 miles, which while true,it completely ignores the electrical energy used. Fact is it gets 20mpg on gas, no screaming achievement. If they'd be a little more honest about it, they ought to have much better luck. It's not a bad idea, but their marketing is BS.

dannno
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
This is the best practical reason I've seen so far not to support the auto bailout.

Add this together with supressed solar energy technology and you can actually get 150 mpg