PDA

View Full Version : S.C. Sign Waves at Thompson Events

MozoVote
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I went to both Greenville and Columbia's Thompson appearances today, and met with members of the S.C. groups who were doing the same. This was my first sign wave.

I would have to admit Thompson drew a good sized crowd. The Greenville Marriott's parking filled up, and the outdoor appearance by Thompson in Columbia attracted about 500 people.

The Greenville event felt more private. I was asked twice by someone in a golf cart to "move away from the Michelin side of the street" and so settled in near the base entrance. Josh and Chris from the Greer group met me at different times and we coordinated waves.

I got more honks and cheers from general people on the road than from Thompson supporters, but it was still fun to wave the signs harder when a FredHead held up their sign, mouthed "no way", or gave a thumbs down. :) One car pulled out from the Marriott and a woman said "We're with you!" so I assume we had some moles in the crowd too. Another one driving down from the road, gave a shout and threw a bikini top out the window! And a nicely dressed fellow (GOP functionary I suspect) also stopped by and gave me some bottled water.

At the Columbia event we had 9 people total, there may be some pics later from the Columbia meetup. Steve the sign guy had his RP truck there, and would not let the rent-a-cops tell him where to park!

When Fred arrived, he spoke outside... and I held a big sign directly in his line of sight, in between the cameras from the back of the crowd where there was no shade. The midday Columbia sun was intense, but it was worth it. One person told me as I walked back to my car "I gotta admire your passion for your candidate!"

People do notice you when you wave signs! Especially if you try to make eye contact with them. So all in all it was fun and I'll do it again somewhere. :D

American
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Thats great, I have been to a few anti war events and I was the only one there supporting RP but I had a blast it was pretty good overall experience.

speciallyblend
09-10-2007, 04:12 PM
GREAT WORK,keep it up RON PAUL SUPPORTERS:)

The Good Doctor
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry I just do not understand the whole "Fred Thompson" thing. It's like this guy is coming out of nowhere. I don't get the hype.

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Great work!!!! People admire supporters who take the time to show up and have big smiles on their faces!!!