PDA

View Full Version : [Official] O'Reilly Thread... September 07

constituent
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
hello folks... so we know there will be a spike in visits before, during and after O'Reilly...

any favorite threads that need bumping for the newbie crew circus coming to town?

edit::
might not hurt to let A.A. threads die down for the evening.

MicroBalrog
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I am scared.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
What time is the show, and is it live or taped?

constituent
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
can someone please hold microbalrog...

here micro... here's your blankey... don't fear the big mean man...

this too shall pass.

RonPaulCult
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Ron Paul will beat O'Really tonight! He's been in more scraps lately than a Michael Vick puppy and he's won them all. I can't wait!

constituent
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
i thought he electrocuted that puppy.... oh wait, the other one..

lol.

ScotTX
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
DON'T BE SCARED!!! Remember Ron Paul's got BRAINS and he's got BALLS! Billo has neither. This will be rough, but RP will win AGAIN!

john_anderson_ii
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Anyone watch "The Uiltimate Fighter"? Why do I get the image of Ron Paul in a hoodie, with taped and signed hands, doing warm up shadow boxing?

MicroBalrog
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
DON'T BE SCARED!!! Remember Ron Paul's got BRAINS and he's got BALLS! Billo has neither. This will be rough, but RP will win AGAIN!

Ron may have brains, balls, and be Superman hismelf, but what the point if Bill can just cut him off at random?

Bison
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Duckman
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Ron Paul will beat O'Really tonight! He's been in more scraps lately than a Michael Vick puppy and he's won them all. I can't wait!

Have confidence. Remember, Ron Paul spanked Hannity after the last debate and Morton Downey Jr years ago. Ron is extremely smart, quick witted, and informed, which gives him 3 advantages over BILLO right there.

Why be on his show? Because for whatever sick reason, it's the #1 watched news show. According to the stats on drudgereport.com, it usually gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million viewers. On Fox News channel. That's 2 MILLION potential Republican voters. If we can show these people who Ron Paul is, and that he can defend himselves against the "talking points," I thinkt his will be really, really, really good for the campaign.

belian78
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Anyone watch "The Uiltimate Fighter"? Why do I get the image of Ron Paul in a hoodie, with taped and signed hands, doing warm up shadow boxing?

Love MMA! And totally think Matt Hamill got ROBBED the other night!

*sorry to go off-topic. good visual though john. :D

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
For those of you who want to watch the show online, then google, download, and install "TVU Player".

Select News, and then choose Fox News.

themanhere
Im excited i cant wait! This is going to be good! This will bring more democrats to our side believe me.

john_anderson_ii
Love MMA! And totally think Matt Hamill got ROBBED the other night!

*sorry to go off-topic. good visual though john. :D

<OFFTOPIC>
That was close to call. We always see these problems when the fights take place in places where the judges aren't often exposed to MMA. Look at all the screwed up decisions that take place in Vegas! The reason: The judges have to be certified by the gaming commission or whatever, and they are all boxing judges. They don't know how to score the grappling at all!
</OFFTOPIC>

I'm pretty excited to see how the listeners judge this Ron Paul bout.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Threads to bump up?

I thought of some of the threads where Aravoth introduced some of his work.

:)

OnWithTheShow
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
also would like to know

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be live.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Maybe bump some old threads where sites that are essential to new people are included?

Like the ones that list RonPaulLibrary.com and other good stuff?

ChristopherJ

Don't think ORLY doesn't have any smarts - Didn't he go to Harvard? It's just that he chooses to use his powers for evil instead of good. To say he isn't smart is a bit of a stretch IMO.

rockfree33
His website says it airs on 8 and 11PM ET

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
What will hopefully happen tonight:
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2541/untitled1bw4.jpg

torchbearer
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
For those of you who want to watch the show online, then google, download, and install "TVU Player".

Select News, and then choose Fox News.

You may need to repost this info again later.

DjLoTi
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Thank God for YouTube.

propanes
09-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Monday, September 10:
• Showdown Over Iraq: Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul goes head-to-head with Bill
• Former NFL football great Tiki Barber enters the No Spin Zone

Weeknights 8 and 11 p.m. ET

From the Fox website it sounds if a confrontation is on the agenda.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 03:52 PM
If this place goes down...due to the huge influx of people who will come here during the broadcast...

Where shall I go...what shall I do?

lol...

jd603
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
of course a confrontation is on the agenda, it equals ratings, it is not a bad idea.

The only thing I'm worried about is o'reily cutting his mic, out-right dis-respecting or finding other ways to not play it fair.

If Ron Paul is given a fair shake he'll at least match o'reily if not obliterate him. :D

BuddyRey
09-10-2007, 03:59 PM

I think it's 8:00 p.m. EST. Can anyone confirm?

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM

In two hours, yes.

nist7
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

SwooshOU
09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Who was it that promised the segment would be on YouTube 15 minutes after it airs? I'm gonna be watching for that! :)

derdy
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
This is what O'Reilly will look like when Ron Paul lands a body-blow with the glove that says, "Constitution" The other glove will say, "Foreign Policy"
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/media/medium_oreillymad.2_02.jpg

:D :D

jpa
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
zomg MMA + Ron Paul in one thread? I am in heaven.

Randy Coutre is the Ron Paul of MMA. The "people's" champion who is older and wins by being smarter and having more fortititude than his opponents.

constituent
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
bump... 07 is the year friends i couldn't remember today's date.

wecandoit
09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Into the Lion's Den we go.

I'm nervous and wish RP would have declined this, prove me wrong Ron.

richard1984
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
He didn't even say that Ron Paul is a Republican presidential candidate.

Starks
09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Break The Cycle!

Starks
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Here we go!

Phil M
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Go Ron!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Play-by-play? TVU download didn't work for me.

Phil M
09-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Bill O'Reilly is saying that we need to assume the worst with Iran.

Qiu
09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
O asks if Iran is a threat- Ron says that CIA undermines Iran and helps unify their hate toward us

Tina
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Son of a bitch won't let him talk.

braeden0613
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Bill's not letting him finish---what are the odds.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Total hit piece.

Qiu
O asks if we don't do anything.. will Iran with nukes be a danger? Ron says neocons are just wanting to spread another war and that the Iranians are acting logically given our presence.

Starks
Yes! Bring Out The Blowback!

MsDoodahs
I will celebrate the day O'Reilly dies.

That sorry motherfucker.

braeden0613
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
hahaha get your facts straight bill...that was terrific

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh god, what a FUCKING loudmouth!

Tina
I will celebrate the day O'Reilly dies.

That sorry motherfucker.

Amen

constituent
how we doin' on the bill front?

Qiu
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
that was really pretty short for a Bill O interview

blazin_it_alwyz
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I want all the people who said that O'Reiley was going to give Ron Paul a fair chance to talk, to man up right now :cool:

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
It was good interview considering the arena where it occurred.

O'Reilly pretty much admitted that he didn't have time for history, well he never has time for historical lessons it appears to me. I think BO illustrated the central problem with the pro-GWOT'ers; they don't like considering current and passing events in any historical context. And we all know what it means when you disregard history.

I especially liked Paul's run down of the aggressive actions that our nation has directed toward Iran over the decades and how Paul mentioned that Iran was acting logically (understandably) in regards to stepping up their resistance to US foreign intervention in the region. The comment about how our pressure undermines the peace movement or political resistance to the Iranian government within Iran was also a good one. It becomes apparent that BO and the others that support the neo-con agenda have no ability to place him self in the shoes of "the enemy" as a means to attempt to understand them.

BO's long winded questions aside, I think Paul was able to get his position out to some extent, hopefully enough for the curious to be inspired to look further on their own.

Scott K
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Good old Bill couldn't even say he was running for President

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Just talked to my passively listening but always-voting parents, they thought Bill really walked-all-over Ron Paul.

Frankly I agree, I know I'll catch all sorts of blowback. But they're the general upper-middle class folks who always votes. They'll vote for Paul, but think that anyone who would have listened to it would basically not have cared about Paul (since O'Reilly just talked over him.)

Neocons 1, Liberty Advocates 0

Prez4TheNet
09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, Bill O did bring out some valid points as to what would Iran would do if the US left Iraq and also the point about Hezbollah and Lebanon. Ron Paul didn't give very clear answers to the problem.

Givemelibertyor.....
Bill's best work was on INSIDE EDITION. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

rp4prez
The only thing I want to know about is O's point about Iran funding Hezbula. What's up with that?

Givemelibertyor.....
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, Bill O did bring out some valid points as to what would Iran would do if the US left Iraq and also the point about Hezbollah and Lebanon. Ron Paul didn't give very clear answers to the problem.

Did he have a chance to answer over Loofah Bill?

Johnnybags
Fox will ask him nothing other than the war, Oreilly would never ask about the Federal reserve? I do not think he understands markets. At any rate, Dr. Paul moves on to give lectures on foreign policy etc. I sent ole Billo a thank you and told him to have him back for other topics, his audience would be the wiser for it.

Starks
The only thing I want to know about is O's point about Iran funding Hezbula. What's up with that?

Must be O'Reilly and his "memory herpes"... Sounds like hezbullshit to me.

glts
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Just talked to my passively listening but always-voting parents, they thought Bill really walked-all-over Ron Paul.

Frankly I agree, I know I'll catch all sorts of blowback. But they're the general upper-middle class folks who always votes. They'll vote for Paul, but think that anyone who would have listened to it would basically not have cared about Paul (since O'Reilly just talked over him.)

You have to be kidding. I thought Dr. Paul did great! Not letting someone answer a question doesn't make you win.

Starks
Fox will ask him nothing other than the war, Oreilly would never ask about the Federal reserve? I do not think he understands markets. At any rate, Dr. Paul moves on to give lectures on foreign policy etc. I sent ole Billo a thank you and told him to have him back for other topics, his audience would be the wiser for it.

His anti-war status is what makes him (according to the MSM) worth an interview.

Cowlesy

He didn't have 12 SECONDS to give an answer to the QUESTION.

It was UNFAIR. Argue away as to why it was, but you could even see Ron sitting there and rolling his eyes.

It WAS a HIT PIECE.

Screw Bill.

Tina
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Propaganda

RevolutionSD
Props to Ron Paul for sticking to his guns and not backing down.
I was THRILLED that he brought up the neocons and blowback!

Among other things, Bill O had his facts wrong when he said Iran is 5 years away from having nukes (even if they were we need to get the F out of the region, but the fact is they are at LEAST 10 years away according to the CIA, as RP pointed out).

O'reilly tried to bully Ron but it didn't work. He yelled and didn't let him talk at times but Ron got his points across and did very well.

Kuldebar

I thought it was glaringly obvious. We go around throwing billions of dollars around (State of Israel) and yet we can't abide the fact that a nation actually located within the region is doing the same on a drastically smaller scale.

im_a_pepper
Piss poor interview, short enough to not acknowledge Ron's candidacy, unlike say Romney who had like 10 minutes. It was exactly how I figured it would go down, no more no less. O' Reilly used all his regular tactics of talking over guests, cutting them off, and dismissing their responses. Overall I was disappointed with Ron's performance. If he wouldn't get so flustered when he is opposed and was able to coherently imbibe what he means or even throw out quick quips to counter opposing views I think he would have owned...no wait he would have totally pwned.

WillInMiami
I want all the people who said that O'Reiley was going to give Ron Paul a fair chance to talk, to man up right now :cool:

I was one of them. I was wrong. I sent Bill and email and told him that I was disgusted and that I wouldn't read any more of his books or watch his show.

Tsoman
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
What a pointless interview. RP wasn't asked about anything of substance or import.

Prez4TheNet

Agree, I don't know Ron Paul could have won anyway. Some people are just so convinced of their point of view that it would be impossible to convince them otherwise. People need to have an open mind, and I also think that, sometimes, we also need to do a better job of hearing out other people and considering their point of view.

happyphilter
it was an okay interview. Bill did what he always does, and Ron Paul just restated his opinion that we have heard dozens of times. Breakthrough,no, but it did help get his name out there.
Bill had a point about how bad of a situation the middle east would be when we left, but then again how is it our business.

Like I said, Bill always over talks people if he dosent like them, Ron tried to speak out but no one has a bigger mouth then bill.

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 06:45 PM
I've never been a conspiracy a guy, or a crier for unfair time....but that was a HORRIBLE PIECE.

It was Unfair journalism in my opinion....don't invite a guest on if you're not willing to hear him. It was slanted to make him look bad by not letting him speak, and for that I am authentically and seriously angry at Fox News and the O'Reilly Factor.

That was total B.S.

RPatTheBeach
09-10-2007, 06:46 PM
You have to be kidding. I thought Dr. Paul did great! Not letting someone answer a question doesn't make you win.

The mindless drones that watch his show don't grasp that.

Kuldebar
This thread's moving fast, but it was a solid appearance for Ron Paul. BO just further proved he is long winded at his guest's expense and BO also admitted that he doesn't have time for history.

Paul covered a lot of ground in the time he was alloted, it will make for some great youtube clips.

It was good interview considering the arena where it occurred.

O'Reilly pretty much admitted that he didn't have time for history, well he never has time for historical lessons it appears to me. I think BO illustrated the central problem with the pro-GWOT'ers; they don't like considering current and passing events in any historical context. And we all know what it means when you disregard history.

I especially liked Paul's run down of the aggressive actions that our nation has directed toward Iran over the decades and how Paul mentioned that Iran was acting logically (understandably) in regards to stepping up their resistance to US foreign intervention in the region. The comment about how our pressure undermines the peace movement or political resistance to the Iranian government within Iran was also a good one. It becomes apparent that BO and the others that support the neo-con agenda have no ability to place him self in the shoes of "the enemy" as a means to attempt to understand them.

BO's long winded questions aside, I think Paul was able to get his position out to some extent, hopefully enough for the curious to be inspired to look further on their own.

rp4prez
I thought it was glaringly obvious. We go around throwing billions of dollars around (State of Israel) and yet we can't abide the fact that a nation actually located within the region is doing the same on a drastically smaller scale.

I totally agree with you on that! I just wish RP would have said that Isreal could defend herself like he did in the debate. O is a f'n loon and never let's his guests say anything or put anything into context. He's judge and jury on his show. That's why I never watch it.

kenc9
Not RP's best performance, RP needs one liners to get a message in because they won't give him long enough to explain with reason.

He needs a different tactic when doing attack shows like this.

That performance won't win new voters. :(

-ken

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I've never been a conspiracy a guy, or a crier for unfair time....but that was a HORRIBLE PIECE.

It was Unfair journalism in my opinion....don't invite a guest on if you're not willing to hear him. It was slanted to make him look bad by not letting him speak, and for that I am authentically and seriously angry at Fox News and the O'Reilly Factor.

That was total B.S.

Really?
That was pretty much what I expected from Faux news and Bill O'liely. I thought RP did wonderfully!

pcosmar
E-mails sent, That was plain rude.

Hi
That was just plain rude. You invite a distinguished Congressman on your show, just to attack him.
That was not an interview, that was not fair or balanced, That was just rude.
Faux News, all war all the time.
No Thank You
Peter Osmar
And after thinking a moment longer, I sent another.

BTW
> "we don't need a history lesson."
It is apparent that you DO need a history lesson.
Your arrogance seems to have have gotten the best of you.
You have no relevance
Peter Osmar.
Not that it will do any good, but I feel better.

Prez4TheNet

The average person won't realize the significance of Blowback or even care... to the average person, Bill O won hands down.

Geronimo
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
No surprise the BO tried saying that RP was living "in the land of oz". Though it was nice to see that RP mentioned that Bill was living in a "dreamland".

SeanEdwards
It was terrible, and Ron never should have graced that asshole blowhards show. I hope none of you Ron Paul fans ever patronize that lying loudmouth prick ever again.

richard1984

That was total B.S.

I agree 100%.

What should we do?

drednot
Yeap, I think that didn't go so well.

Ron got some points across, but didn't address Bill's key claims that "we have to assume Iran is an agressive nation" and that "things are different now because Iran can give WMD to surrogates."

What Ron should have said in response was

a) Hezbollah doesn't care about America. They care about Israel. Local issues, not our problem.

and

b) Why didn't the Soviets just give nuclear weapons to "surrogates" if that gets around MAD so easily?

Netwarrior
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Ron, please plug your websites during interviews and encourage people to visit and read your positions on the issues without spin.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
http://www.ronpaullibrary.com
PLUG YOUR SITES and bypass the "bullying" on main stream corporate media.

dmitchell
I so hate to say it, but I thought Ron Paul tanked. He failed to capitalize on opportunities. For instance, when O'Reilly was speaking about mutual assured destruction, Paul should have said the same idea applies here: both the US and Israel are fully capable of annihilating Iran, and if Iran starts some shit we have thousands of nuclear missles ready to go. Another example is when O'Reilly said Paul was living in a dream world because he thinks al-Qaeda will stop attacking when we leave. Paul should have defended that position just like Scheuer does, and point out that that is exactly what happened when the Soviets left Afghanistan: the mujahadeen returned to their own countries.

Having said that, it wasn't all bad. The points Paul did make were good and correct, but I think they were the wrong points for this interview. I would give the interview a C- at best.

Anyone else notice that Paul looked very uncomfortable when the interview began? He looked much more like the Morton Downey, Jr. Ron Paul, not the Ron Paul at the debate last week.

RevolutionSD
Piss poor interview, short enough to not acknowledge Ron's candidacy, unlike say Romney who had like 10 minutes. It was exactly how I figured it would go down, no more no less. O' Reilly used all his regular tactics of talking over guests, cutting them off, and dismissing their responses. Overall I was disappointed with Ron's performance. If he wouldn't get so flustered when he is opposed and was able to coherently imbibe what he means or even throw out quick quips to counter opposing views I think he would have owned...no wait he would have totally pwned.

What? I feel like we watched 2 different interviews. I thought RP did very well considering the circumstances (BO talking over him).

tnvoter
Yeah, it's funny Bill has him on to talk about Iraq. But Fox still refuses to ask Ron Paul anything about IMMIGRATION, EDUCATION, or especially HEALTH CARE.

People aren't falling for one sided banters anymore, this press is good press.

Kuldebar
Not RP's best performance, RP needs one liners to get a message in because they won't give him long enough to explain with reason.

-ken

I think moving away from one liners will help revive the political process. Sound bite one liner quips are one of the worst things that have impacted our political thought process.

Korey Kaczynski
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
a) Hezbollah doesn't care about America. They care about Israel. Local issues, not our problem.

That wouldn't work; if anything, Dr. Paul would've been painted as an anti-Semite.

aunt_shoes
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I thought he handled himself wonderfully. Considering bill tried not to let him say anything, Ron got out a lot and showed himself to be very dignified in comparison. When dealing with such a rude host, you can't expect so much.

derdy
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM

If it's true, it's no worse than anything our country does. At least they're on the same side. Here's one example, in which we sold arms to Iran when they were our sworn enemy, which can be looked at as, selling armaments to our enemy, going to war with that enemy in which those same armements kill our boys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

God, there is nothing more hypocritical than American foreign policy. I think I'm going to start a thread over in 'General News & Hot Topics' :D

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought he handled himself wonderfully. Considering bill tried not to let him say anything, Ron got out a lot and showed himself to be very dignified in comparison. When dealing with such a rude host, you can't expect so much.

Thank you aunt! I agree.

dwdollar
09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Youtube link?

aunt_shoes
09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Who are these "average people" that you all think watch bill o what's his name?

jj111
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Ron: 1 hit, no runs, no errors.
I'm ready to move on.
That did not hurt the campaign.
Let's keep working to help Ron.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
E-mails sent, That was plain rude.

And after thinking a moment longer, I sent another.

Not that it will do any good, but I feel better.

I was considering e-mailing O'Reilly and thanking him for having Ron Paul on his show and the nice interview.

MadEmperor
09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Who are these "average people" that you all think watch bill o what's his name?

My father

Netwarrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

drednot
That wouldn't work; if anything, Dr. Paul would've been painted as an anti-Semite.

Not disagreeing that he will eventually be painted as an anti-semite for this stand, but I think it's unavoidable.

The fact is, Iran IS likely supporting Hezbollah, so if we equate Israel with America then we are in fact under attack and would be obliged to retaliate.

jd603
Also, Ron Paul rolls his eyes at Bill too, pretty funny.

alsis8xmy
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Submitted to Digg:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Gives_Bill_O_Reilly_a_History_Lesson_on_I ran

ronpaulitician
09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I was considering e-mailing O'Reilly and thanking him for having Ron Paul on his show and the nice interview.
If you want Paul back on the show to further explain his views, that would be the smart thing to do.

jpa
09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Ron did awesome. Open minded audience will respond to him...

Ron Paul Fan
Dr. Paul did ok considering the circumstances. Didn't really help or hurt the cause and gets his name out there. This performance is not the end all of the campaign though so I'm not worried. He wasn't allowed to finish his points for most of the interview so that's the only part O'Reilly could have done better. Bill was defending his point and what he seems to believe in so we can't fault him for debating, but at least let the guest finish making their point. But overall it was a good showing for Congressman Paul.

chiefsmurph
It wasn't a great interview for RP but it wasn't bad. I really don't think that Bill was a good match for Ron - but who is?

kenc9
I think moving away from one liners will help revive the political process. Sound bite one liner quips are one of the worst things that have impacted our political thought process.

I totally agree generally, but on this show you can't explain and he only gives time for a very short statement.

Like, "we should stay at home and protect our borders"

"If we think we should attack Iran then the Congress should declare war"

Stuff like that, not "wheres the beef" ! :D

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 07:00 PM
All you people who think Bill O "won" or "owned" RP have never watched the O'reilly Factor before.

He "wins" all his debates by 1) making 3-4 points and then giving his opponent about 5 seconds to respond, and 2) yelling or talking over his opponent.

The format is TERRIBLE, no matter who Bill is interviewing if they disagree. Of course O'reilly didn't "win"! He just did what he ALWAYS does, and Ron couldn't possibly respond to all the nonsense that was being thrown at him!

KewlRonduderules
Hi everybody, I am new. I have been reading these forums for quite a while (for approx. 3-4months). I have also donated to the campaign at various times in the last 3-4 months- something which I have never done before for any presidential candidate.

I decided to sign up for the forums because I needed to give my 2 cents about O'reilly.

It was a total hit piece. If you listen to the volume, you will see that O'reilly's volume was much louder than Dr. Paul's making it appear as if he was a weak character (I know that he is not).

O'reilly was jerk and showed much disrespect for a true American patriot. One should never show disrespect for any member of Congress, Senate, or the Presidency. He was way out of line. I think this is unacceptable behavior for media correspondents to act in this manner toward a respected statesman. He cut him off, was condescending, interrupted before he made his point, and literally shut him out of any debate process. This simply wrong!!! I don't care if it is George Bush or Dick Cheney- one should always show respect toward these government officials. Acting in this manner, shows complete disregard for the political process, true debate, Freedom of expression, and disregard for the U.S. Constitution as a whole.

alsis8xmy
We are now officially in the FIGHT stage!

ScotTX
I said it was gonna be rough and it was ROUGH. I also said I though RP would win, and I believe he did, but he was in the belly of the beast here and it was UGLY. Ron Paul was getting pisssed and so was I because assface O'Rielly would let him finish a sentence. I think we all knew this is how it would go down and he didn't convert any neo-cons today, but Ron Paul was RIGHT and Bill was full of shit, as usual. Who's next???

Cowlesy
O'Reilly can suck it.

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
You know I hope John Fout watched this and dismantles O'Reilly like he did Mike Huckabee when Paul and Huckabee debated.

TruePatriot44
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought the interview lacked substance and was a waste of time.

Kuldebar
09-10-2007, 07:03 PM
I liked how Paul threw the "you are the one dreaming" remark back at Bill O.

There was a lot of substance to the interview and the youtube clips will prove that. Paul's responses were substantive.

derdy
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
http://timswine.com/blogart/oreilly.jpg

Noog
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I was hoping this would at least get his name out, but O'Reilly didn't even mention the Ron was a candidate. Oh, well... Chalk it up to a learning experience...

EvoPro
I agree with those that think Ron did fine. All the negativity on here is uneeded.

Givemelibertyor.....
I know it's not the high road....but here it goes.

Bill O'Reilly in action http://www.videosift.com/video/Animated-re-enactment-of-Bill-OReilly-phone-sex-tape-NSFW-or-falafels

Just a little comic relief for those of you like me, who just had a coniption fit.

Electrostatic
09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok, I'm here to piss you off,... (Sorry, but someone has to do it :p )

FACT: Bill O'Reilly is a scumbag pontificating warmonger yellow journalist with less credibility that spray cheese.

FACT: We all already knew this.

FACT: Bitching about it on the boards will do nothing to help win this campaign.

I'm getting ready to deliver several hundred Ron Paul Event signs through downtown Seattle so Friday here will be a success. There are others working the phones to get friendly organizations out as well. We are also working the local media angle, although that hasn't taken off yet (we are still trying! Politely!) We put up about 100 more RP signs in an overnight last night. We have a table at one of the largest fairs in the state right now. We handed over 10,000 flyers out at hempfest last month. We have started door to door canvassing (Although we need to do more!) We have started organizing local GOP activists. (Although we need more of them also!) Don't get me wrong... EVEN WITH ALL THIS WE ARE WAY FAR BEHIND HERE!!! Where would you say you are right now?

Now, taking into account that bashing O'Reilly on this board does nothing to help in the real world, what have you done to get Ron Paul elected today?

(Please do not hate me, but it has to be asked, we are down to WEEKS, not seasons.)

dwdollar
What are you guys talking about? Paul kicked ass!! He took on the beast and did fantastic. He also looked very Presidential.

jacmicwag
I didn't see it yet but feel like I have by reading this thread. My wife gave him a so-so review. But a "C" is fine on this show - the hard core will never come our way anyway. Normal folks might just remember the name and check him out. BO is a bag of hot air but now that he's not threatened by Ron, he may decide to invite him back for a longer interview. Unlike Hannity, this guy has been known to at least consider other viewpoints occasionally. Next time Ron may score a few more points as the game continues on.

Scribbler de Stebbing

Only if you can make it sound as it you'd never heard of Ron Paul before and like what you saw.

LibertyEagle
Submitted to Digg:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Gives_Bill_O_Reilly_a_History_Lesson_on_I ran

Could we submit one that is in a normal sized window? This one looks horrible.

AdamT
This went exactly as I knew it would. O'Liely is a neo-con hack of the worst sort, lying and spewing propaganda constantly. Working for Faux News, it is his job to attack any real patriots who attempt to spread truth and reason, especially someone like RP who is gaining momentum toward the presidency. What would some scum bag like O'Liely do if RP became president? That is his worst fear, as his criminal lying bosses His lies would be exposed and would be running scared. He wouldn't know history if it bit him in the ass. Only an ignorant fool would say "we don't have time for a history lesson...."

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. F off O'Liely you traitor. You will go down in history as such - an un-American neo-con hack who helped greatly in the destruction of the country.

Electrostatic
Ok, I'm here to piss you off,... (Sorry, but someone has to do it :p )

FACT: Bill O'Reilly is a scumbag pontificating warmonger yellow journalist with less credibility that spray cheese.

FACT: We all already knew this.

FACT: Bitching about it on the boards will do nothing to help win this campaign.

I'm getting ready to deliver several hundred Ron Paul Event signs through downtown Seattle so Friday here will be a success. There are others working the phones to get friendly organizations out as well. We are also working the local media angle, although that hasn't taken off yet (we are still trying! Politely!) We put up about 100 more RP signs in an overnight last night. We have a table at one of the largest fairs in the state right now. We handed over 10,000 flyers out at hempfest last month. We have started door to door canvassing (Although we need to do more!) We have started organizing local GOP activists. (Although we need more of them also!) Don't get me wrong... EVEN WITH ALL THIS WE ARE WAY FAR BEHIND HERE!!! Where would you say you are right now?

Now, taking into account that bashing O'Reilly on this board does nothing to help in the real world, what have you done to get Ron Paul elected today?

(Please do not hate me, but it has to be asked, we are down to WEEKS, not seasons.)

ronpaulitician
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Just saw the YouTube video.

I think it was a great interview. I didn't think the questions asked by Bill were unfair. They are the kind of questions that need to be answered by Paul. It's up to Paul to do so effectively. Not sure if he did so in this particular interview. He did for me, but I'm already in his camp.

I hope Paul will get more appearances on his show.

SWATH
Ron did awesome. Open minded audience will respond to him...

Then we might be doomed. Check out some of these comments:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=1
(http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=2)

ladyliberty
Right after the interview he showed a bunch of "leftist-crackpots" as he called them and then allowed viewers to see that the implication that because Ron Paul wants to leave Iraq he too is a "leftist crackpot!" It was not so much what was said during the interview that was low down and dirty as much as what was said afterwards - he got Paul to say one or two things, and then he had clips (not interviews but carefully selected clips) of leftist radicals making similar statements - except they added other damaging statements as well. :mad:

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Honestly, I don't know how one can even keep their thoughts with O'Reilly interrupting every other second.

Phenom24
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I think Ron needs (like someone mentioned earlier) to say "Go to my site, RonPaul2008.com and learn what I feel about these issues." The reason I say that is because I know plenty of people who will say "He's a nut" or something similar JUST because the blowhards on Fox say so. (Hannity, BO)

If he points folks to the site in a positive way, they would probably check out the facts for themselves..

Oh yeah, this is America in 2007 - "Please MSM, fill up my brain with regurgitated crap! I'll believe anything!!!"

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
This went exactly as I knew it would. O'Liely is a neo-con hack of the worst sort, lying and spewing propaganda constantly. Working for Faux News, it is his job to attack any real patriots who attempt to spread truth and reason, especially someone like RP who is gaining momentum toward the presidency. What would some scum bag like O'Liely do if RP became president? That is his worst fear, as his criminal lying bosses His lies would be exposed and would be running scared. He wouldn't know history if it bit him in the ass. Only an ignorant fool would say "we don't have time for a history lesson...."

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. F off O'Liely you traitor. You will go down in history as such - an un-American neo-con hack who helped greatly in the destruction of the country.

I thought O'Reilly would be at least minimally objective. For all of you like me who've watched him for years, this was a classic "talk-over-you-shut-the-fuck-up" hit piece.

Come on, you know I am typically a voice of moderation on here, but right from the get-go, Bill was trying to put him down. Congressman Paul did great for the odds, but it was not a positive piece. I want it to just fade into the distance as fast as possible.

Captain Shays
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM

-ken

I agree! We all should help him out on that. Maybe if we started a thread and all of us came up with possible one liners or slogans for the god Dr and sent them tot he campaign. He needs our help against these hit men.

huchahucha
09-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I want all the people who said that O'Reiley was going to give Ron Paul a fair chance to talk, to man up right now

I said he would and I think he did. O'Reilly's show moves in short fast bursts. Bill set as many traps as he could in that short time and RP tip toed through them with no problem. He never compromised his postition and Bill didn't accomplish a single thing. At the end of the day those people who swore they would never vote for Ron Paul are still never going to vote for Ron Paul. However, Ron Paul just proved that he is more brave than every single Democrat candidate, all of which cower to the far left movement and are terrified of doing anything associated with FOX News. If someone out there is searching for an anti war candidate with a back bone, they may have just found him.

michaelwise
09-10-2007, 07:10 PM
it was an okay interview. Bill did what he always does, and Ron Paul just restated his opinion that we have heard dozens of times. Breakthrough,no, but it did help get his name out there.
Bill had a point about how bad of a situation the middle east would be when we left, but then again how is it our business.

Like I said, Bill always over talks people if he dosent like them, Ron tried to speak out but no one has a bigger mouth then bill.
10,000 teenagers are slaughtered in this country every year. 40,000 people total are slaughtered on our nations highway every year. Death by automobile accident, seems to be an acceptable risk, in order to preserve our freedom of driving. We seem to view this as an acceptable risk, and do not blow out of proportion the danger of driving.

I am in more danger of being killed by an MS13 illegal alien gang member, than I am of being killed by al-kieda, so why are our borders still wide open. We need to keep things in perspective, and stop blowing out of proportion, the dangers of pulling out of Iraq. Life is a risk, and the danger of pulling out of Iraq is an acceptable risk.

Captain Shays
09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Right after the interview he showed a bunch of "leftist-crackpots" as he called them and then allowed viewers to see that the implication that because Ron Paul wants to leave Iraq he too is a "leftist crackpot!" It was not so much what was said during the interview that was low down and dirty as much as what was said afterwards - he got Paul to say one or two things, and then he had clips (not interviews but carefully selected clips) of leftist radicals making similar statements - except they added other damaging statements as well. :mad:

We should have known that was cming as soon as we saw Malkin coming on. Remember that piece after the second debate when RP had a smackdown with Ghoulaini? They equated Ron Paul's position with 911 truthers.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 07:13 PM

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=1 (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=2)

Yeah, I looked. I noticed the moron at the end who thinks we are living in a "booming economy". :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I said he would and I think he did. O'Reilly's show moves in short fast bursts. Bill set as many traps as he could in that short time and RP tip toed through them with no problem. He never compromised his postition and Bill didn't accomplish a single thing. At the end of the day those people who swore they would never vote for Ron Paul are still never going to vote for Ron Paul. However, Ron Paul just proved that he is more brave than every single Democrat candidate, all of which cower to the far left movement and are terrified of doing anything associated with FOX News. If someone out there is searching for an anti war candidate with a back bone, they may have just found him.

I'll man-up. I thought O'Reilly would be fair given that Ron is a 10-term Congressman and advocate for Liberty.

I was wrong, O'Reilly from the get-go set out to marginalize, and to the typical sheep viewers, he succeeded. It's true RP supporters' view won't change, but we wanted to change some sheeps' minds. I don't think we did---not due to Ron, but to O'Reilly.

bygone
09-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Well.. Well... Well... Why won't you let me talk?

Sigh.

It could have been much worse, and at least I've finally seen an interview where the constitutional issue was not raised directly. Every candidate that is being taken even somewhat seriously (pay attention here; this interview means RP is being taken somewhat seriously) has been invited to one show or another to be asked a very similar set of questions about Iran and Iraq. This interview was RP's turn at this. He didn't do poorly; nor did he do very well, but I think he did as best he could and I hope that he learned a few things from this interview.

IMO TPTB aren't really going to be pleased with that set of answers but they probably aren't pleased with RP anyway. You may not like Bill, I don't, but he did bring some good questions to the table and he is under a time constraint to get the questions in. This isn't so much a hit piece as it is the same set of questions that most candidates have been asked... this routine is getting obvious.

It was pretty fair, and RP has to realize that he doesn't have all day to answer questions... and he certainly doesn't have time to start in 1953, even though that is relevant. Bill did a pretty good job of pushing things along without being too rude and getting all the questions in while trying to nail Ron to directly answer the question. I think I said somewhere before that his strong suit is attacking when a question isn't directly answered...

Sigh. Better luck next time... but this wasn't bad. It just wasn't the opportunity it could have been in my opinion. Bottom line is that RP might be right but he's going to have to find a better way to say it. At least someone is saying it.

What I find disturbing is that Bill is implying something nasty. He's basically saying that "surrogates" can't be fought nor stopped. If that's the case then why does it even matter about Iran, or any other country? It's too bad that its too late to call him on that.

BarryDonegan
the average person doens't understand any of the terminology used in this 2 man debate. the see that paul had the brass balls and bigger words than oreilly, and oreilly ended it with "lively debate'

that term essentially is a concession by the right, that there are two sides, debating something.

ladyliberty
I think someone ought to do to Bill O'Reilly what he did to Ron Paul - take a bunch of statements he has made in the past and associate them with clips of the "bad guys" making the same statements. Things rather benign like "I like Coke" (the drink) and associate them with some one who is a pothead saying "I like Coke."(the drug)

kenc9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

After watching this again I give him a C+ and not bad for being on a show to crush him.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bryan
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Ron did good, Bills bully-scare-interview tactics are what we come to expect from the neo-con talk shows, it's just too bad that many are acclimated to this. I was glad that Dr. Paul called Bill out to let him finish.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=1 (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=617210&page=2)
It's usually the same vocal Fred supporters over there with the same neo-con talking points.

rp4prez
I think Ron needs (like someone mentioned earlier) to say "Go to my site, RonPaul2008.com and learn what I feel about these issues."

RP would probably do better just saying that because that's about all he would have time to say before getting cut off. haha ;)

fj45lvr
The fact that Bill doesn't address the historical facts shows the ignorance of these folks with this agenda against the Islamists...

Who can blame them for wanting to get some payback???

Was anyone bitchin and moanin when we take out their governments and funnel weapons, intelligence and finances to achieve the policy of the moment???

Bill and the rest of these folks go to extreme mental contortions to get where they are going.....did we funnel money to the Contras? or dozens of other fighting forces when it was inline with our ideas of what is "right"??? I can't stand ignorant asses trying to call the kettle black.....its so obvious that the policies are going to result in self fulfilled prophecies, people aware of the hypocrisy and then chastised for acting to rectify it can only stomach the BS so long and like our OWN patriotic fore fathers they will strike back.....our leaders just ignore the warnings.

BillyDkid
09-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I'll man-up. I thought O'Reilly would be fair given that Ron is a 10-term Congressman and advocate for Liberty.

I was wrong, O'Reilly from the get-go set out to marginalize, and to the typical sheep viewers, he succeeded. It's true RP supporters' view won't change, but we wanted to change some sheeps' minds. I don't think we did---not due to Ron, but to O'Reilly.
You didn't really think Orally is an advocate of liberty did you? Where would you ever get that idea?

drednot
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Ron should have been better prepared for BO's line of argument that, unlike Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Iran is a STATE SPONSOR of some terrorist activity. Walked right into that one I'm afraid.

The format is very difficult to manage, BO has time to plan his questions and various contingencies and has access to Paul's debate talking points.

Time will tell whether this will open more eyes than it will close wrt the Paul campaign.

Original_Intent
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
BO was more respectful and fair than I expected him to be.

Or I guess the more accurate way to say it would be he was less of a jerk than I expected he would be.

maxmerkel
09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
It was a total hit piece. If you listen to the volume, you will see that O'reilly's volume was much louder than Dr. Paul's making it appear as if he was a weak character (I know that he is not).

you are right, total hit piece, volume prooves it.

o'reilly is an intelligent warmongering neocon asshole and ron paul did well.

propanes
The segment was too short. As mentioned previously Romney had 10 minutes.

Bossobass
I can't for the life of me see why the campaign thought it wise to appear on that dolt's show.

O'Reilly (or however you spell it) is irrelevant. His audience is a herd of simpletons who cannot be re-educated in this lifetime.

As I've said from the beginning, we should seek to educate the huge majority who do not vote for lack of a candidate with common sense and integrity who cannot be bought...IOW, RP.

Leave the 10 million neo-twats to Bush Limbaugh, Handmepee and BO...where they belong to vote for Guliani or whomever else they're told to vote for.

I'm sorry he wasted his time on that show. We need to get behind the grassroots TV, radio and newspaper spots and keep hitting the streets with signage, flyers, etc.

All one has to do to witness the devolution of the species is watch a debate from the 60s between WM F Buckley and Chomsky or Vidal, then switch to the Pills Limbaugh or Hannity or BO shows.

The BO show is like watching Barney.

Bosso

winston84
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought I was going to see more sparks fly, but it was somewhat subdued. Bill O was not subjective, and he did try to hinder RP from talking much. RP seemed a little bewilldered too. I can tell that not only was RP's volume lowered, but the bass frequencies were taken down making him sound whiny.

RP makes good points by mentioning Saudi terrorists, but that angle can only go so far. RP must touch on the fact that EVEN with nuclear weapons (which they do not have) they are still NOT a DIRECT THREAT. I wish he had mentioned Israel's own arsenal and the absurd idea of the perpetual "war on terrorism"

derdy
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I can't for the life of me see why the campaign thought it wise to appear on that dolt's show.

O'Reilly (or however you spell it) is irrelevant. His audience is a herd of simpletons who cannot be re-educated in this lifetime.

As I've said from the beginning, we should seek to educate the huge majority who do not vote for lack of a candidate with common sense and integrity who cannot be bought...IOW, RP.

Leave the 10 million neo-twats to Bush Limbaugh, Handmepee and BO...where they belong to vote for Guliani or whomever else they're told to vote for.

I'm sorry he wasted his time on that show. We need to get behind the grassroots TV, radio and newspaper spots and keep hitting the streets with signage, flyers, etc.

All one has to do to witness the devolution of the species is watch a debate from the 60s between WM F Buckley and Chomsky or Vidal, then switch to the Pills Limbaugh or Hannity or BO shows.

The BO show is like watching Barney.

Bosso

As a former Bill O'Reilly addict, I resemble that comment. :D I watched him pretty much daily from 9/11 onward until about 2004.

I think there are people that watch him that are 'lost in the wilderness' so to speak. Maybe Paul is what it takes to bring them to the good guy's team!

It took me one visit to a 9/11 Truth site, but that's a story for another thread.

ItsTime
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Ron should have been better prepared for BO's line of argument that, unlike Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Iran is a STATE SPONSOR of some terrorist activity. Walked right into that one I'm afraid.

The format is very difficult to manage, BO has time to plan his questions and various contingencies and has access to Paul's debate talking points.

Time will tell whether this will open more eyes than it will close wrt the Paul campaign.

Didnt the Saudis run telethons for Hezbollah?

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 07:36 PM
He didn't have 12 SECONDS to give an answer to the QUESTION.

It was UNFAIR. Argue away as to why it was, but you could even see Ron sitting there and rolling his eyes.

It WAS a HIT PIECE.

Screw Bill.

Cowlesy is right, that was a total hit piece.

jjschless
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
The interview went well. Bill was fishing for a sound bite and didn't get it. You can tell as his goodbye was rather disappointed sounding.

drednot
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Didnt the Saudis run telethons for Hezbollah?

Good question. I plead ignorance.

If true... Ron shoulda brought it up!

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I think the whole thing was a draw. It didn't help us, but it didn't hurt us either.

Onward and upward..... :)

quickmike
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Ron: 1 hit, no runs, no errors.
I'm ready to move on.
That did not hurt the campaign.
Let's keep working to help Ron.

I agree. If anything, it got him more name recognition.
People who are for nation building think Bill won. People who want us out of the middle east think Ron won. Since 70 percent of america wants us out, Id say Ron won the popularity contest. The neo-cons that think Bill won were a lost cause and will always be.

Actually, I think it helped him.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
It was terrible, and Ron never should have graced that asshole blowhards show. I hope none of you Ron Paul fans ever patronize that lying loudmouth prick ever again.

Believe me, I avoid Faux News as much as possible because they cause me to holler at the tv alot. lol.

NOW is when we need to get on Olberman's case to have Ron on.

Also, we need the NYC meetup people to be outside FauxNews for a few DAYS with signs AND WITH A FLYER:

History Lesson for the dummies that pass as hosts at Faux News.

Just one page, bullet points.

huchahucha
09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I just had a funny thought. This whole thing may have been a clever trick by FOX to figure out how big RP's support base is. They have repeatedly shown that they have no idea what is going on when they have the text message polls on the debates. So they get Ron Paul on O'Reilly's show on a day when they are showing absolutely nothing else but the General Petreaus report. You got Petreaus on for 2 hours before O'Reilly and again after O'Reilly. If O'Reilly gets a higher than normal rating then you know that the Ron Paul support is real and not some jerk with a shitload of cell phones.

I don't know, just a thought.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 07:48 PM
All you people who think Bill O "won" or "owned" RP have never watched the O'reilly Factor before.

You're right - I don't watch that network if I can help it. I did for a while a long time ago, but they lost their minds or something...or maybe I found mine. :) Regardless, I can't take them anymore.

lucius
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Those shirts are nice; I just bought the Live Free or Die & Home Schooler for Ron Paul--thanks for the prompt!

ItsTime
09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
You're right - I don't watch that network if I can help it. I did for a while a long time ago, but they lost their minds or something...or maybe I found mine. :) Regardless, I can't take them anymore.

BO was hoping RP would look irrational but that did NOT happen. RP kept his cool. My father watches BO ALL the time, but is a RP supporter and he thinks RP did very well.

jd603
right, that's an associative smear tactic. Unfortunately CNN and others also used this tactic against the good doctor. ..also ABC when they ran Gravel along side Ron.

RevolutionSD

Sorry, maybe I'm ignorant, but exactly how is Iran a STATE SPONSOR of some terrorist activity??

bygone
This link is not rated for all audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.

Bill's Ice Cream (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/julie_o/bananal_icecream.jpg)

I can see the headline now... RP increases Bill's ratings... lol ;)

All this Bill talk is making me sick. I'm out.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
O'reilly was jerk and showed much disrespect for a true American patriot. One should never show disrespect for any member of Congress, Senate, or the Presidency. He was way out of line. I think this is unacceptable behavior for media correspondents to act in this manner toward a respected statesman. He cut him off, was condescending, interrupted before he made his point, and literally shut him out of any debate process. This simply wrong!!! I don't care if it is George Bush or Dick Cheney- one should always show respect toward these government officials. Acting in this manner, shows complete disregard for the political process, true debate, Freedom of expression, and disregard for the U.S. Constitution as a whole.

And the whole "talking points" was BO being all offended about the "betray us" moveon.org ad. What a fucking asshole BO is. I HATE THAT SOB.

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Enough about Oreilly, what will you do tomorrow to help the campaign?

I will stand over a busy freeway overpass tomorrow morning for 40 minutes before work, holding a Ron Paul Hope for America sign.

alaric
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
The interview went well. Bill was fishing for a sound bite and didn't get it. You can tell as his goodbye was rather disappointed sounding.

i got the same impression. its like doing an interview with paul begalla. for his first round with this twit, he did get orally to calm down at the end and concede that Dr. Paul was a little different than who b.o.'s handlers told him he was. i'm sure if he gets a round 2 with him we'll hear 'are you going to be nice to me this time?' like he did to insannity. this was a good performance and next time will be better.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't know why any of you guys are worried...anyone with common sense who listens to Ron Paul, even for the first time, processes the fact he is is knowledgeable and knows what he's talking about. O'Reilly sounded like a jackass and RP stated facts.

Ron Paul wins.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 07:55 PM

Exactly correct. Made me even more angry to see that crap.

I HATE FAUX NEWS.

We need the NYC meetup to get out there in front of their little windows with RP signs, and to be outside their offices handing out flyers. History lesson for the ignorant Faux News Hosts.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I just had a funny thought. This whole thing may have been a clever trick by FOX to figure out how big RP's support base is. They have repeatedly shown that they have no idea what is going on when they have the text message polls on the debates. So they get Ron Paul on O'Reilly's show on a day when they are showing absolutely nothing else but the General Petreaus report. You got Petreaus on for 2 hours before O'Reilly and again after O'Reilly. If O'Reilly gets a higher than normal rating then you know that the Ron Paul support is real and not some jerk with a shitload of cell phones.

I don't know, just a thought.

I think what they might have been trying to do is to lower his popularity down a few notches after his clear win in last week's debate. I'm sure Ron got a lot of people thinking last Wednesday.

drednot
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm ignorant, but exactly how is Iran a STATE SPONSOR of some terrorist activity??

I'm referring to their support of Hezbollah which is a stateless group that frequently attacks Israelis. Also, they alledgedly have supplied some Iraqi militants with IEDs. Many people would label this terrorist activity.

I'd love to be wrong about these issues if you have additional information.

michaelwise
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I keep hearing the word neo-conservative thrown out there. When I first started hearing that word used in the media, I kind of knew what it meant, as those not being true conservatives, but never really thought of it much more than that, till I started hearing the word more and more. The more I herd the word, the more I got interested in doing a little more research on what the word really meant. Neo=new, then I asked, what is this new type of conservative all about. I found out it was a form of social engineering and control through fear, in order to promote nation building. Look at the last segment O'Reilly put on his show about B Speers, and cultural decay, another neo-con defense tactic. The more Ron gets that word, Neo-con said, the better. Many people will want to know what it really means.

alaric
09-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Believe me, I avoid Faux News as much as possible because they cause me to holler at the tv alot. lol.

NOW is when we need to get on Olberman's case to have Ron on.

Also, we need the NYC meetup people to be outside FauxNews for a few DAYS with signs AND WITH A FLYER:

History Lesson for the dummies that pass as hosts at Faux News.

Just one page, bullet points.

YES! if we could crack that nut it would really help. i know keith likes him, but i'm sure he's told to shut up. since keith hates orally, maybe this will get him over the top. keith could really give Ron a big boost.;)

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm referring to their support of Hezbollah which is a stateless group that frequently attacks Israelis. Also, they alledgedly have supplied some Iraqi militants with IEDs. Many people would label this terrorist activity.

I'd love to be wrong about these issues if you have additional information.

There is no proof that Iran supports Hezbolla!
That's a neocon and O'reilly wet dream.
If I'm wrong about this please send me a link or something and I'll gladly eat crow.

ItsTime
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
There is no proof that Iran supports Hezbolla!
That's a neocon and O'reilly wet dream.
If I'm wrong about this please send me a link or something and I'll gladly eat crow.

Yet the Saudis did! For everyone who wants links, just google it and you will find tons of info.

ronpaulitician
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know why any of you guys are worried...anyone with common sense who listens to Ron Paul, even for the first time, processes the fact he is is knowledgeable and knows what he's talking about. O'Reilly sounded like a jackass and RP stated facts.
People who think we should stay in Iraq won't vote for Paul. Period. People who think we should get out of Iraq may vote for Paul. As long as Paul doesn't suddenly change his mind on Iraq, there's not an appearance where he can "hurt" himself.

On the other hand, this wasn't one of those interviews that I'll be forwarding to people as a convincing argument to vote for Paul. Perhaps there are some segments from it that can be used in a montage though.

qednick
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Total hit piece? Maybe. But it was one of Faux News' total hit pieces on RP that actually set me onto RP in the first place several months ago.

There's no such thing as bad publicity when you need name recognition.

Elderon
09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
This could of been such a good segment and Bill flushed it down the toilet. He is such an ass. He has no credibility at all as far as I'm concerned. He is a disgrace to America, fox, and news people everywhere. He spouts all these facts off like they are true. Iran does NOT have nukes nor have they stated they would use them against the united states. If anything they would use them on Israel (who can take care of themselves).

Whats the fuss with Iran anyways? whatever happend to North Korea? they supposedly have them already and we all know how crazy lil kim is. I highly doubt they would even use it anyways. Holding a nuke in your possesion is a great deterrent to invasion, such as the one that we seem to want to do as well as it boosts them up to the nuclear powers table.

anyways, sorry about the big rant. I saw the segment and I just wanted to scream. I can't believe he hasn't had his ass fired already over how he treats his guests..

csen
09-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I think it was fine given the circumstances. We're never going to sway the ultra-hawkish crowd, so the key is appealing to the reasonable people who can still e convinced. Let's put it this way -- I would rather have that appearance stand than no appearance at all. If nothing else it toughens Ron up for more of this type of questioning -- as his profile rises it's not going to die down.

MadEmperor
09-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Ron did good, Bills bully-scare-interview tactics are what we come to expect from the neo-con talk shows, it's just too bad that many are acclimated to this. I was glad that Dr. Paul called Bill out to let him finish.

It's usually the same vocal Fred supporters over there with the same neo-con talking points.

Alot of those guys sound JUST like my father. Funny thing is, that he bitches about how it will be Hilary vs Rudy. Then goes on to say Rudy will win, and he thinks he's a turd but won't vote for anyone else.

yaz
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
i missed it is there a video up yet?

expatriot
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Bear in mind there will be more than a few people who will find this hit-piece
of interest enough to investigate the answers obviously cut off.

Anyone who does so will likely be ardent supporters of reason,
as Oreilly is such an obvious intellectual sinkhole.

That said, however, it might be prudent to avoid anymore of this type
of exposure - in the long run it is simply not worth it to play punching bag.

Mastiff
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Just watched it. I don't think it hurt, but I wish Paul would sometimes say what he wants to do in foreign policy and not just what he doesn't want to do. It's true that thing have been screwed up royally, but we are where we are, and Iran with nukes could be a serious problem. We can't just ignore it.

I think the argument is that we get the hell out of there, mostly mind our own business while monitoring very closely and working on some diplomacy. At some point though, you might have to take it further if all that fails.