PDA

View Full Version : Sen. DeMint beginning to wake up...

lodge939
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081211131911.aspx

“There is no question this will result in inflation,” DeMint said. “The amount of money we’ve borrowed, the amount of money we’ve printed has put us in a more dangerous situation than we’ve ever been in as a country. We may not see the inflation as long as the economy is slow. But, I’ve talked to some economic experts and once the economy starts picking up with so much money in the money supply and so much debt, we’re likely to see very high interest rates and very high inflation rates.”

“If you look at where we’re going, we’re not on a sustainable course as a country,” DeMint said. “Frankly, GM is in a better financial situation than we are as a country. The only difference is we can print money. But as other countries around the world lose confidence in the value of a dollar – that’s going to come home very shortly.”

edit: can a mod move this to the economics forum? sorry.

dannno
12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
bump

Pete
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
DeMint is good on many issues, but he's pro free trade which is not all bad and a real war and security hawk.

nate895
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
DeMint is good on many issues, but he's pro free trade which is not all bad and a real war and security hawk.

Ron Paul is pro-free trade too.

lodge939
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
DeMint is good on many issues, but he's pro free trade which is not all bad and a real war and security hawk.Yeah

People like McCain and Lieberman drive me nuts though. Vote with dems on domestic issues but are huge warhawks

Pete
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Ron Paul is pro-free trade too.

That's why I qualified it. You have to have a totally free market for it, and low government overhead. A TOTAL tax rate of 12% is good for growth.

kirkblitz
12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
demint voted against the bailout and slammed our piece of shit senator graham , at least demint represents SC's voters. f u graham, i would punch you with giant hulk foam gloves if i saw u :mad::mad::mad:

lodge939
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
demint voted against the bailout and slammed our piece of shit senator graham , at least demint represents SC's voters. f u graham, i would punch you with giant hulk foam gloves if i saw u :mad::mad::mad:Grahmnesty is against the auto bailout :eek:

t0rnado
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Graham supported the $700billion bailout.

ShannonOBrien
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
How exactly are we going to have high interest rates AND high inflation? Inflation will go down if we have high interest rates.

nate895
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
How exactly are we going to have high interest rates AND high inflation? Inflation will go down if we have high interest rates.

The interest rate is set based on what banks think inflation will be. If inflation skyrockets, the market (probably not the Fed) interest rate will rise, but not enough because people will risk inflation will be even higher than the interest.