PDA

View Full Version : So, I have this school project

Monkeh
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
In my 12th grade world history we have this class project where we pick a presidential candidate and persuade the class why Ron Paul is a good candidate. 6 months ago I would've picked Obama, but my freedoms are important to me so I took this opportunity to enlighten people about Ron Paul. This is where you guys come in. I'm far from knowing where Ron Paul stands on every issue so I'm asking you guys to list points why Ron Paul should be elected. I could easily do a half-assed project but I want to take advantage of this opportunity to inform 40 young adults why Paul is our only hope for America, with your help of course. Thanks in advance for any input.

sickmint79
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

:)

isrow
09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
To start you off Ron Paul opposes any form of income tax and draft for the same reason, that it presumes the government owns your body or your money. Just because you live in this country it doesn't mean the government automatically owns you and your property. I believe we should be taxed on the products we buy because then we have a choice in the taxation we engage in. Ron Paul has been fighting the income tax for so long I truly believe he will not waste a second to get rid of it. When kids ask if that's doable use this quote from the man himself: "If you think that government has to take care of us, from cradle to grave, and if you think our government should police the world and spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a foreign policy that we cannot manage, you can't get rid of the IRS; but, if you want to lower taxes and if you want the government to quit printing the money to come up with shortfall and cause all the inflation, you have to change policy." As for a draft there should never be a need because I believe Americans will step up to fight in any truly justified wars. Let's not forget about the war on drugs. He would work to end it on the federal level. The states can regulate it anyway they want and I guess we'll see what works better prohibition, regulation or no laws.

Omnis
09-10-2007, 05:49 PM
You have World History in 12th grade? Our curriculum was so different. Anyway, the reason I say that is because everyone in your class should have taken or should be taking a constitution class. At my high-school, we had Geography, then W.History, then American History, then Government/Economics. Each class was a good precursor to the other, and I think it would greatly help your project if the rest of the class had good background information on the constitution, economics, and american history.

If that is not the case, make sure you go to extra lengths to gather as much information as possible about these 3 fields, how they relate to the presented issue or statement, and be prepared to become as much or more of a teacher than a persuader.

One of the reasons I love Ron Paul so much is because of his giftedness in educating people on the issues for which he stands, making it painfully clear why he has taken that position and why we would be fit to do so as well. Emulate Ron Paul in this regard, in your own words or through citations or quotations, so that your class may also find, for themselves, the answers they've been seeking.

Good luck and keep us informed.

ChrisM
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
NCLB has all but required changes to the curriculum. For me, it was US History, Government/Economics, and then World History

McDermit
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Mine was American Cultures (basically US History ending with the 19th Century,) World History, 20th Century, then Govt/Economics.

We had geography in grade school and that was it.

im_a_pepper
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Wowo, wouldn't know where to start. How long is your presentation?

Chester Copperpot
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
In my 12th grade world history we have this class project where we pick a presidential candidate and persuade the class why Ron Paul is a good candidate. 6 months ago I would've picked Obama, but my freedoms are important to me so I took this opportunity to enlighten people about Ron Paul. This is where you guys come in. I'm far from knowing where Ron Paul stands on every issue so I'm asking you guys to list points why Ron Paul should be elected. I could easily do a half-assed project but I want to take advantage of this opportunity to inform 40 young adults why Paul is our only hope for America, with your help of course. Thanks in advance for any input.

You definitely have to bring up the Income Tax and Federal Reserve... I doubt anybody in your class (including your teacher) will know how it really works..
But you can peruse this thread and you'll know more than any of them.

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15478

Also, the income tax is used to finance the federal reserve. so they kind of go hand in hand.

Corydoras
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
When's it due? I'd like to help you in more detail, so please tell me when.

I take it you want to focus on rights. Here's a thumbnail so you can start looking. I suggest Wikipedia and aclu.org to understand some concepts, and maybe other people have more suggestions of websites to visit.

Ron Paul opposes the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, the Real ID Act, and overuse of presidential directives (supporters most commonly cite NSPD-51 and HSPD-20 as examples). What is happening is that because of these laws and orders, the roles of Habeas Corpus, Posse Comitatus, and the Insurrection Act are being weakened, and the separation of powers of the three branches of government is being damaged. Most crucially, because of these laws and orders, much of the Bill of Rights is being ignored, specifically I, IV, V, and X.

Ron Paul also has strong views on other amendments, particularly the weakening of II, VI, VIII, and IX. Also, he wants Amendment XVI to be repealed. But I wanted to get you started on what are perhaps the most central issues in regards to civil liberties, which are in the previous paragraph.

I hope this helps. I will come back to this thread.

ChooseLiberty
09-10-2007, 11:02 PM
If you're really a 12 yo and not a troll - it's cool you're getting a chance to learn early about what's really going on with the US.

Corydoras
09-10-2007, 11:07 PM
If you're really a 12 yo and not a troll - it's cool you're getting a chance to learn early about what's really going on with the US.

12th GRADE... I think s/he's going to college next year.

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 12:22 AM
LOL. Oops.

Good job for 12th grade too.

12th GRADE... I think s/he's going to college next year.

Monkeh
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Stupid mistake, I meant to say Principles of Democracy/Economics it's still early in the school year and got confused with last year :o This is due Friday, and it's a different kind of presentation we have to make a song or rap on why we should vote for our presidential candidate. My teacher is very open minded and even said a couple of days ago "Voter turn outs tend to be in the 50-60%...and the more more and more people don't vote the more our rights are being taken away from us, don't believe me? Look into the PATRIOT ACT." I was pretty surprised because I've had nothing but closed minded teachers. I'm pretty sure though he already understands what a sham the Federal Reserve is so getting Ron Paul across to him won't be a problem. The problem on the other hand is that about a good 70% of my classmates know nothing outside of MTV. But again thanks for your input guys, I'll keep you updated.

G-khan
09-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Hit them hard with Social Security and how it will not be there for them. Also not getting into undeclared wars and spending the money we give to other countries here at home. Tell them how we send our boarder patrol to Iraq and do not even defend our own boarder - RP would bring them home to defend here and not Iraq. He is for a very strong defense and would bring our troops home to defend America..

He would get rid of the IRS and income tax and how he could end the income tax! He says by not having bases or troops in 130 countries or giving away billions it would more than make up for what would be lost collecting income tax.. This would be a 25% pay raise for most of them.

Those are just a few ideas I would try to get across to them?

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Most of the other candidates want to continue the preemptive war policy which means a high probability of war with Iran and a high probability of a draft. That would hit current 12th graders directly.

Hit them hard with Social Security and how it will not be there for them. Also not getting into undeclared wars and spending the money we give to other countries here at home. Tell them how we send our boarder patrol to Iraq and do not even defend our own boarder - RP would bring them home to defend here and not Iraq. He is for a very strong defense and would bring our troops home to defend America..

He would get rid of the IRS and income tax and how he could end the income tax! He says by not having bases or troops in 130 countries or giving away billions it would more than make up for what would be lost collecting income tax.. This would be a 25% pay raise for most of them.

Those are just a few ideas I would try to get across to them?

sickmint79
09-12-2007, 07:52 AM
definately bring up possible re-introduction of the draft to young peoples... get enough info to show them that it could be a hard reality and not a fantasy either. show recent discussions, troop levels, how many new people are signing up for the military today, and projected needed estimates if you can find them. note how going to iran worsens the situation, and let them know of the only people truly advocating the non-interventionalist policy of old (ron, gravel, kucinich) ron is by far the most articulate and strongest supporter.

AlexAmore
09-12-2007, 09:10 AM
A lot of your peers might think the top tier Dems are anti-war. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Hillary, Obama, and Edwards have pledged allegiance to Israel and CFR (neocon think tank).

Sure they are anti-Iraq-war...in a way. They will merely take the troops out of Iraq (maybe keep some in) and insert them elsewhere in the ME, they have said this themselves. Just read their speeches at AIPAC, it's crazy shit. Having support from AIPAC means we have to confront Iran and other anti-israel groups in the ME even though Israel could flatten the ME tomorrow. AIPAC is also a big reason why terrorist groups in the middle east hate us, because they hate Israel. We also support Suadi Arabi and Pakistan which makes them hate us even more. We support evil leaders that the terrorists are trying to take down, and so they must hate the U.S by default. Iran also hates us because we installed an evil leader in their country via a coup.

Also read their speeches at CFR...Edwards says we're a "Moral Authority" of the world a billion times....Hillary isn't any better.

Entangling Alliances is what Ron Paul talks about often and i'm barely rubbing the tip of the iceberg.

"We must lead by marshalling a global effort to stop the spread of the world’s most dangerous weapons. We must lead by building and strengthening the partnerships and alliances necessary to meet our common challenges and defeat our common threats." - Obama
See? Obama is globalist and a supporter of the war of terrorism which is bogus just like the war on drugs. Terrorism is a tactic and can't be fought with conventional means. It can be fought through mending the the root problem of why the terrorists hate us....I give you this man: Michael Sheuer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Scheuer). Mike is the top expert on Osama Bin Laden and terrorism from the CIA and he agrees with Ron Paul on the root of the problem. Read his impressive resume in the link.

So look into the Democrats and their warmongering....it's severe. It will give you great ammunition so you can perhaps give an example as to why Ron Paul is the true peace candidate, yet strong on defense (Letters of Marque & Reprisal on Bin Laden and border security are 2 reasons). It will also give you ammunition in case you get into a debate with a bleeding heart liberal that supports Obama or Hillary yet has a rainbow peace flag and a "Coexist" bumper sticker....:rolleyes:

So there's some stuff you can perhaps rattle around in your brain. Figured I would throw it out there.

Eric21ND
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I would do it it on powerpoint and include some video of him in action so people can put a name with a face.