PDA

View Full Version : Chicago type corruption coming to White House?

Matt Collins
12-10-2008, 05:50 PM
With all of this exposed cesspool in IL one has to wonder if Chicago type corruption is coming to White House?

tonesforjonesbones
12-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Of course. I think that is a prerequesite. Rahm Emmanual has been to the whitehouse before..and bill clinton was pretty darn corrupt. I guess it's a part of politics...because we can't seem to find many without corruption. tones

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
....we wouldn't want to corrupt DC, now, would we?

Bruno
12-10-2008, 06:10 PM
If so, we shouldn't have to wait that long. There more of magnifying glass on him and his staff than on any president in history.

Clinton didn't take long before Travelgate came out and tainted his messiah-like image.

Truth Warrior
12-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Well maybe Chicago style will be a little classier than the Arkansas style variety. :D

speech
12-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Yup

nodope0695
12-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Damn straight Chicago style scum is coming to the White House. Obama is slime, and so are anybody he's worked with.

Fuck Obama...he's not my president.

purplechoe
12-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Damn straight Chicago style scum is coming to the White House. Obama is slime, and so are anybody he's worked with.

As someone who is from Chicago I have to sadly agree that we are corruption central of the USA, right after Washington DC and New York. :( I've heard someone say that the most corrupt government institutions are the ones that tax their people the most. Well, Chicago has the highest sales tax in the nation at 10.25%.

The city corruption is much more sophisticated then the state. Our last governor is serving time and our current one just got arrested for trying the sell Obama's seat in the Senate while being under investigation for other crimes for about 2 years now. Al Capone was a "rookie" compared to these guys.

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
It is, if we will let it.

Me, I'm done.

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Obama...he's not my president.

Nor mine.

What's the plan?

heavenlyboy34
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Nor mine.

What's the plan?

So far, stock up on weapons, ammo, and food. ;)

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 02:09 PM
So far, stock up on weapons, ammo, and food. ;)

I was struck suddenly, as by bird shit, with an idea on which I would very much appreciate some input. Being an alcoholic long in Recovery, I know to run my brainstorms by minds better wrapped than mine.

I once heard a guy say in a meeting that if you're talking to God, that's praying. If God's talking to you, that's schizophrenia.

In the strangest turn of a life . . . and I do mean that, in a million years, I wouldn't have guessed that I would be where I'm at or that things would be how they are . . . I "find myself" at complete liberty, and utterly expendable.

I think maybe I should call the first half of my life OVER, buy a modest camper and hit the road. Drive the whole country, meet some of these people behind all the keyboards, and see if we can hammer out enough points of agreement and gather enough signatures to pretty much tell Washington DC what Philadelphia told London.

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I was struck suddenly, as by bird shit, with an idea on which I would very much appreciate some input. Being an alcoholic long in Recovery, I know to run my brainstorms by minds better wrapped than mine.

I once heard a guy say in a meeting that if you're talking to God, that's praying. If God's talking to you, that's schizophrenia.

In the strangest turn of a life . . . and I do mean that, in a million years, I wouldn't have guessed that I would be where I'm at or that things would be how they are . . . I "find myself" at complete liberty, and utterly expendable.

I think maybe I should call the first half of my life OVER, buy a modest camper and hit the road. Drive the whole country, meet some of these people behind all the keyboards, and see if we can hammer out enough points of agreement and gather enough signatures to pretty much tell Washington DC what Philadelphia told London.

Two years ago, I vowed to give this two years . . . like a tour of duty . . . marshaling the best of my thinking and the best of my writing toward the restoration of Reason in governance of America. If the effort, that I could plainly see that so many of my countrymen were also making -- and HAD been making, while I lived a life of extravagant self-aborption -- would be unsuccessful, I could bid adieu to the country of my birth in good conscience.

My personal circumstances today would be considerably better had I flown the coop two years ago.

I know some people despise Bill Maher. I know that some dug him and then turned on him or changed or whatever you want to call it. Me, I like him pretty well. I was surprised when he said he'd stick it out here, go down with the ship if need be. I was talking to a Southerner the other day who said the same.

I have much too much fondness for life and me, and I am much too appalled by the abandonment of principle in America to take the fall for the sake of patriotism.

This is bullshit. And it's unnecessary. I'm putting a stop to it, or I'm leaving.

But I'm signing up for one more tour of duty. Two more years.

Like a grunt in Iraq.

Except now I know that no one above me has ANY FUCKING BUSINESS, NONE, telling me what to do. They are liars and scoundrels and imbeciles and thieves. It, They, We will go down in history as a travesty. Like the Renaissance Popes.

If you will consider the quick repartee of message forums, and if you will consider that I returned pointedly asking whether I was welcome, and if you will further consider that I pointedly asked for input on this matter, you will know that I very much hope that the finer minds and committed hearts on THIS board have my question on their radar, are formulating their best thinking and will be getting back to me, yes?

Otherwise, my feelings will be hurt. No change there.

America is fucking brutal.

Nate
12-11-2008, 05:11 PM
With all of this exposed cesspool in IL one has to wonder if Chicago type corruption is coming to White House?

Yes it is and if you thought that federal politics was corrupt before then you aint seen nothin yet. Just wait untill you get a taste of federal politics with a dash of Chicago style corruption. We are corrupt here and everybody knows it yet the same people are always getting re-elected to run shit over and over and over. Growing up in this city is why I'm an anarchist.

P.S. Fuck Mayor Daley and I hope he joins his ganster ass daddy in hell soon.

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes it is and if you thought that federal politics was corrupt before then you aint seen nothin yet. Just wait untill you get a taste of federal politics with a dash of Chicago style corruption.

I will argue that a vague, pervasive, debilitating influence has been foisted by touchy feely Democrats upon the collective psyche of a people once internationally renowned for their bravery and ingenuity.

It is EXACTLY like Democrats to know that this or that bad guy will do this or that bad thing, then sit there and take the hit, so they can complain about it and feed the engines of the Opposition Industry.

Look at some of those fat fucks swaggering down the highly polished marble floors.

Charlie Rangel looks like one of the carpetbaggers in Gone With The Wind.

cheapseats
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I will argue that an astonishing number of my countrymen are chickenshit, and that they will do anything to spare their own lives.

Matt Collins
12-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Growing up in this city is why I'm an anarchist.

P.S. Fuck Mayor Daley and I hope he joins his ganster ass daddy in hell soon.

OUCH! :eek:

That's brutal...

The_Orlonater
12-11-2008, 10:32 PM
The city angers me too.

fr33domfightr
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
As someone who is from Chicago I have to sadly agree that we are corruption central of the USA, right after Washington DC and New York. :( I've heard someone say that the most corrupt government institutions are the ones that tax their people the most. Well, Chicago has the highest sales tax in the nation at 10.25%.

The city corruption is much more sophisticated then the state. Our last governor is serving time and our current one just got arrested for trying the sell Obama's seat in the Senate while being under investigation for other crimes for about 2 years now. Al Capone was a "rookie" compared to these guys.

I have a question. Aren't you guys (Chicago Residents) fed us with this yet!?!? Do you or others in your local meetup have any plans to hit the streets and go physically remove your scum Governor???? I actually expect it any day now, but I haven't seen anything on the news about it. What are the citizens waiting for, a sunny day?!?!??! We should be seeing 1000s on the street outside his offices with the pitchforks and torches!!! If the government fails to act, the only thing left IS THE PEOPLE!!! THAT GUY NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

FF

cheapseats
12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Two years ago, I vowed to give this two years . . . like a tour of duty . . . marshaling the best of my thinking and the best of my writing toward the restoration of Reason in governance of America. If the effort, that I could plainly see that so many of my countrymen were also making -- and HAD been making, while I lived a life of extravagant self-aborption -- would be unsuccessful, I could bid adieu to the country of my birth in good conscience.

My personal circumstances today would be considerably better had I flown the coop two years ago.

I know some people despise Bill Maher. I know that some dug him and then turned on him or changed or whatever you want to call it. Me, I like him pretty well. I was surprised when he said he'd stick it out here, go down with the ship if need be. I was talking to a Southerner the other day who said the same.

I have much too much fondness for life and me, and I am much too appalled by the abandonment of principle in America to take the fall for the sake of patriotism.

This is bullshit. And it's unnecessary. I'm putting a stop to it, or I'm leaving.

But I'm signing up for one more tour of duty. Two more years.

Like a grunt in Iraq.

Except now I know that no one above me has ANY FUCKING BUSINESS, NONE, telling me what to do. They are liars and scoundrels and imbeciles and thieves. It, They, We will go down in history as a travesty. Like the Renaissance Popes.

If you will consider the quick repartee of message forums, and if you will consider that I returned pointedly asking whether I was welcome, and if you will further consider that I pointedly asked for input on this matter, you will know that I very much hope that the finer minds and committed hearts on THIS board have my question on their radar, are formulating their best thinking and will be getting back to me, yes?

Otherwise, my feelings will be hurt. No change there.

America is fucking brutal.

It's a hackneyed line, but apropos. The silence is deafening.

Let me try this a different way. This thread is dead anyway, so I cannot think why any Libertarian would object or interfere or otherwise feel the need to rain on my parade if I just use it like a workspace, right? Feel free to put me on Ignore.

Point out pitfalls, by all means . . . that would be Christian. Provide an answer, if you have one . . . why not? Generosity is a virtue. But criticism for the sake of criticism, disagreement for the sake of disagreement and smart-alec Type By's, I really don't need them and I really don’t think we have time for that.

I shall commence composition of a WANTED notice, and add to it as I figure out the requirements and perameters.

WANTED

Two Slerves*

Eagle Scouts or Disciplinary Equivalents

to drive, assist, and protect me on

12-24 month S.O.S. (Save Our Shit)
Documentary Tour of AMERICA

Witness the historic Greater Depression
from one low-profile camper and one car

Superlative Drivers Only
Licensed To Carry Concealed Weapons

Audio/video/internet expertise a must
Apple proficiency a plus
Knack for private investigating a plus
One should cook passably
One should be passable mechanic
Production credit and profit sharing

*Hybrid slave/servants, formerly known as Squires or Apprentices (Interns, when engaged but not remunerated by skinflint High Flyers)
No salary, your personal expenses are your own.
I pay travel and meals, though you will typically eat and sleep in the same thing you drive.

xd9fan
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Like the whitehouse has been corrupt free LOL

damn you are funny

It will be same shit different day.

The_Orlonater
12-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a question. Aren't you guys (Chicago Residents) fed us with this yet!?!? Do you or others in your local meetup have any plans to hit the streets and go physically remove your scum Governor???? I actually expect it any day now, but I haven't seen anything on the news about it. What are the citizens waiting for, a sunny day?!?!??! We should be seeing 1000s on the street outside his offices with the pitchforks and torches!!! If the government fails to act, the only thing left IS THE PEOPLE!!! THAT GUY NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

FF

I just sit around and let the system on me, I'm out numbered. The lazy and unproductive enjoy it, though.

I'll leave in a few years unless we have an actual revolution.

The_Orlonater
12-12-2008, 07:00 PM

damn you are funny

+1

I agree with this, let's close the thread and move along now.

cheapseats
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM

damn you are funny

Aye, and you are . . . I'm not sure what.

If a thing has always been corrupt, your personal philosophy is, "so be it"?

VICTIM, thy name is the American Man.

cheapseats
12-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I just sit around and let the system on me,

That's one "response."

I'm out numbered.

Yes, you are. You are not the first man to find himself so, however. Good thing every man ever up against bullshit didn't all react as you do, eh?

The lazy and unproductive enjoy it, though.

Yes, they do. Whereas you merely tolerate it.

I'll leave in a few years

Man plans, God laughs.

unless we have an actual revolution.

We can count on you, then, if someone else manages to rally the American people into their natural strength and solidarity?

cheapseats
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
+1

I agree with this, let's close the thread and move along now.

Too wise, world-weary and battle-worn to give a particular poop anymore, eh?

Better you should step aside than tell others to move on.

orafi
12-12-2008, 08:33 PM
it's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake, lalalala la LAAAA

cheapseats
12-12-2008, 08:42 PM
it's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake, lalalala la LAAAA

It is not a piece of cake, however, to swallow the baloney of guys who tell tall fish tales, but who retreat to eat humble pie while our goose is cooked.

The_Orlonater
12-12-2008, 08:44 PM
That's one "response."
Fine with me.

Yes, you are. You are not the first man to find himself so, however. Good thing every man ever up against bullshit didn't all react as you do, eh?

Kind of hard, when everybody else enjoys the bullshit.

Yes, they do. Whereas you merely tolerate it.

I do speak out against it, but it's not changing anybody's mind. I'm one man.

Man plans, God laughs.

If you can't beat it, leave it. I couldn't care less about your opinion.

We can count on you, then, if someone else manages to rally the American people into their natural strength and solidarity?

I'm in no way a leader.

May I ask how you are fighting the system, oh clever one? Why don't you lead us, you seem to have pointed me out.

Everyone here on Ron Paul Forums is somewhat tolerating the system. I was for Ron Paul, and later for Bob Barr(mainly because I wanted a strong LP for 2012). I tried to get people to vote for Bob, and spreaded the message of the whole liberty and limited government concept; most of us did. It didn't work this election season, but it might next.

We can either leave our wait for Obama's drastic failure.

xd9fan
12-12-2008, 11:45 PM
we are beyond real change in the whitehouse.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe

Aratus
12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
chicago rEVOLUTIOn people,

your current governor's nice side is like a look into the inner recesses of JFK's psyche & soul. ------ yes, in 1960 richard milhous nixon had
an election stolen from him, and yes, reformers to we bay staters is an export product more often than not, ...as are cranberries and diplomas.
obama has the luck of being born in hawaii, he seems to have skimmed the rim, the edge of the local payola politics, again, he reminds me of mike dukakis. the BIG DIG started up under the "duke" and reached its apex of featherbedding under mitt romney. i have an empathy. i feel your pain.
john kerry also socialized with the BIG DIG contractors. even our idealists have a gritty grimy side. i kid you not. to have a democrat now follow the vast republican corruption in D.C under the "W" and i trust we may debate if the group around U.S Grant or Warren G. Harding was more venal, can we now
fervently pray that Barack Obama's greater extended circle of advisors multiplies over the national debt a half or a third as fast as G.W Bush's brazen floorflushers did? can we now also pray that they embezzle and steal only a third as much or a quarter as much as THAH SHRUB's chosen few did? why have illusions? had we a desire for personal honesty ---we know ralph nader, ron paul, dennis kucinich and alan keyes would have gone much further with their poltical ambitions than exactly where they are right now. this sets the tone for the next four to eight years. someone just might get an impeach or recall on the illinois governor dude. barack obama will be impacted indirectly... and yes, this eclipses in sheer boldness both massachusetts and new york state at the same time, co-jointly. boss daley hath his influence ...still!!! ---we think the human species has an inate perfectability. we may be wrong! ~~~i say this merrily and grandly as senator ted still calls up new york's governor and says to him the name CAROLINE over and over again!

fr33domfightr
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
A new election may be coming to Illinois to elect a new Senator to fill Obama's vacancy. Do we any Ron Paul friendly candidates to get on the ballot?????????

FF

angelatc
12-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes it is and if you thought that federal politics was corrupt before then you aint seen nothin yet. Just wait untill you get a taste of federal politics with a dash of Chicago style corruption. We are corrupt here and everybody knows it yet the same people are always getting re-elected to run shit over and over and over. Growing up in this city is why I'm an anarchist.

It isn't just Chicago moving into DC. Obama moved the DNC HQ to Chicago. http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0608/Obama_moves_DNC_operations_to_Chicago.html

Chicago corruption and politics are the absolute future of the DNC.

Matt Collins
12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/OWcopy.jpg

Matt Collins
12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/Lincoln-Obama.jpg

cheapseats
12-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Fine with me.

Is it really, in your heart of hearts?

Kind of hard, when everybody else enjoys the bullshit.

It's VERY hard, I know. And a whole mess of our supposed "countrymen" DO enjoy the bullshit -- it is very demoralizing, I know that, too. But you are rationalizing when you say "everybody else." It isn't everybody.

It's the voting majority, however, we just learned.

I am electing not to go along with Mob Rule.

I do speak out against it, but it's not changing anybody's mind. I'm one man.

I agree that talking/typing has failed.

Each of us is only one person. That's why strict anti-collectivists will always be vulnerable. One plus one plus one plus one . . . THAT'S the get-er-done crowd.

If you can't beat it, leave it.

Different strokes for different folks.

I couldn't care less about your opinion.

That makes you quintessentially American.

I'm in no way a leader.

People who are understandably having a tough time wading through all the bullshit will know, then, not to "move along" on your patronizing say-so.

May I ask how you are fighting the system, oh clever one? Why don't you lead us, you seem to have pointed me out.

I don't mean to point you out specifically, except perhaps insofar as you were unnecessarily rude. I am pointing out how far MOST of your practical realities are from your impassioned words. Oh, I believe you'll shoot to kill on your own property -- some of you are a trifle EAGER for that, truth be told. By the time Bad Guys are right up on your property, how many people can each of you hold off? Then what, it falls to your wife and children, or your pansy-assed neighbor?

Most of y'all have jobs and families. Most of you are hamstrung, the way they like it. Guys don't take to being hamstrung . . . makes 'em mean. Lo and behold, bullies run amok.

Everyone here on Ron Paul Forums is somewhat tolerating the system. I was for Ron Paul, and later for Bob Barr(mainly because I wanted a strong LP for 2012). I tried to get people to vote for Bob, and spreaded the message of the whole liberty and limited government concept; most of us did. It didn't work this election season, but it might next.

I will argue that Bob Barr does not BEGIN to constitute a figure behind whom reasonable masses would or should assemble.

We can either leave our wait for Obama's drastic failure.

I don't know about you but, by waiting to see what two years of Campaign-O-Rama would bring, my personal circumstances are considerably worse. I have every reason to think that waiting two more years will make them that much worse.

It defies Reason that out of all the seedy, tawdry, soap-opera-grade corruption in Chicago, only Barack Obama and his Crew are untainted. Barack Obama and Rod Blagojevich share David Axelrod as a campaign manager. Or David Axelrod shares Rod Blagovjevich and Barack Obama as stooges of Established Order, however you wanna look at it.

I am now operating on the logical assumption that revelations about Barack Obama will further compromise his assumption of the throne. If Obama's election is nullified by ineligibility, corruption or assassination, I anticipate violence.

All this economic fallout from the Mortgage Meltdown? It'll start playing out in commercial real estate. And corporate paper. Layoffs GALORE coming up, I think. Juxtaposed with the Bailout Bonanza and the continued High Flying of the Ruling Elite? More violence.

You are not a leader? Who is? I would like to be left the hell alone, to lick my wounds after being used as a punching bag by America's Conscienceless Uber Rich. But noooo. Government Officials decree that I shall slave away and be otherwise tormented in order that they may live like Saudi Princes.

Not an effing chance. I do NOT have job or family or strings or debt or anything else that obliges me to continue the charade. My life as I knew it is over. Think of me as having drawn the short straw.

It's not that "freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." It's that there is precious little to lose and the great wide open to gain . . . THAT is liberation.

Stick with me, and send a dollar.

http://peaceandcarats.com/?page_id=2

I may not change American politics – there doesn’t seem to be much public will for that – but I guaran-fucking-tee you that I will make millionaires out of several people, and I will see several Bad Guys sent either to federal penitentiaries or to their Makers.

cheapseats
12-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I shall commence composition of a WANTED notice, and add to it as I figure out the requirements and perameters.

WANTED

Two Slerves*

Superlative Drivers Only

Apple proficiency a plus
One should cook passably

*Hybrid slave/servants, formerly known as Squires or Apprentices (Interns, when engaged but not remunerated by skinflint High Flyers)
I pay travel and meals, though you will typically eat and sleep in the same thing you drive.

Does this ad seem unrealistic? I was referred to this site by someone who is active military, Navy. I ran it by him . . . he said he'd do it in a heartbeat, but for the Navy complication and, more so, the wife he took on this past year. 'Course it's the easiest thing in the world to say you'd do something you can't, but my point is that he didn't scoff the idea out of countenance.

Friends of mine, the first of their three kids graduated university in June. Got one part-time job, booking tee times for golf club members. She's been laid off. When Golfers start cutting back, believe you me, times is tuff. Two hundred thousand dollars at a private university, and she's living at home. She can. She has no debt, though her father is worth half what he was a couple years ago.

Six months from now, I apprehend that all KINDSA people will be jumping at the chance for unremunerated labor in exchange for room and board. Me, I'm offering mobile room, spartan board, a righteous crusade, a tour of America, possible riches and a paragraph in history books.

Postcards From The Edge meets Reality Internet.

cheapseats
12-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Chicago corruption and politics are the absolute future of the DNC.

The DNC is a Frat Brat wannabe.

Because the Powermongers and Moneymongers of the Democratic Party would model themselves on old-school squeaky political machinery does NOT mean America has to welcome it with after-hours drinking.

Americans will do themselves a favor by demanding revelation of how much cash and prizes were directed to Democratic Super Delegates during the primary. Look at the SIZES of some of those whores to get an idea of just how high off the hog they're feasting.

The_Orlonater
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Your tone seemed rude to me so I acted rude back, so if you didn;t intend to be rude. I am sorry, felt like you pointed me out of everyone.

Anyone, on your tax statement. The people I talk to like paying their taxes.

Kludge
12-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Mmmmm.... Guilt by association. Ironic that a Ron Paul supporter would resort to such a method of "reasoning".

cheapseats
12-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Mmmmm.... Guilt by association. Ironic that a Ron Paul supporter would resort to such a method of "reasoning".

Guilt by association? As in, out the window also with the presumption of innocence absent proof of guilt? No.

Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are, that is the wisdom of the ages. Tell me who you kick it with and I may not know how you roll, but I know what's okay by you so long as someone else does the dirty work and you benefit.

Kludge
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are, that is the wisdom of the ages. Tell me who you kick it with and I may not know how you roll, but I know what's okay by you so long as someone else does the dirty work and you benefit.

But can you tell me who I am based on where I am located?

Dieseler
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Can anyone here make a animated .gif of Sid Vicious beating the Hell out of John Stossell?
:D

xd9fan
12-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Look at the way their Gov is acting. He simply doesnt fear us. I will bet whats left of why 401k that Rahm will NOT step down. Why would he? Who does he fear???.....us???? hahahahahahahaha

Theocrat
12-19-2008, 11:26 AM

You're right. Obama is not going to be President of nodope0695; he's going to be President of the United States of America. Now, all hail the messiah Obama! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46t_nrySg4)

cheapseats
12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Your tone seemed rude to me so I acted rude back, so if you didn;t intend to be rude. I am sorry, felt like you pointed me out of everyone.

Anyone, on your tax statement. The people I talk to like paying their taxes.

Y'know what? You draw attention to yourself.

Rather than let it go -- or, God forbid, do the unmanly thing of apologizing -- you go the tit-for-tat route. I defy you to point to where you sensed that MY rudeness justified your jumping in with a patronizing dismissal of a thread in which I was formulating and expressing my thoughts.

heavenlyboy34
12-22-2008, 04:17 PM
You're right. Obama is not going to be President of nodope0695; he's going to be President of the United States of America. Now, all hail the messiah Obama! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46t_nrySg4)

lol...that's a funny song :D

The_Orlonater
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Y'know what? You draw attention to yourself.

Rather than let it go -- or, God forbid, do the unmanly thing of apologizing -- you go the tit-for-tat route. I defy you to point to where you sensed that MY rudeness justified your jumping in with a patronizing dismissal of a thread in which I was formulating and expressing my thoughts.

I rather be polite, I forgot about the whole thing until you brought it up.

torchbearer
12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Obama won't even provide a birth certifacte... what are you going to do about it?

cheapseats
12-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I rather be polite, I forgot about the whole thing until you brought it up.

I realize that. I deliberately brought it up to draw attention to this rampant tendency to sluff off being wrong by casually saying that the other guy is just as wrong.

I WASN'T rude. You were. Rather than apologize, you cast the same aspersion on me.

See, I am DONE with the bullshit way America and Americans are behaving. I resurrected the thread not to get into a pissing match with you but to resurrect my fledgling film idea. I happened then to see your remark.

NOW I'll say no more on the matter, though you may or may not have something to add.

Peace.

cheapseats
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
WANTED

Two Slerves*

Superlative Drivers Only

Apple proficiency a plus
One should cook passably

I have given notice on my apartment and my storage unit, and must now must close up shop in Los Angeles where, despite a rugged downsize, I have lived long enough that it is a quite daunting task.

A thousand-dollar signing bonus if I find the guy who is free to work-for-adventure and he can get himself to Union Station in Los Angeles in time to help me get 'er done. Everyone should experience Los Angeles once -- puts you right into an Attitude of Gratitude that you don't live here. Someone set me straight about towing rather than driving the car, so I don't necessarily need two people. I'm ambivalent. Maybe it's a couple I'm looking for, maybe it's a disillusioned ex-marine type who is possessed of a newfound and urgent interest in citizen journalism.

Libertarians are barter people, right? I mean, if it's not gold coins we're lugging around. I can teach this person the King's English, without which communication will never be taken as seriously as it might be. Etiquette, table manners, that sort of thing . . . the Ruling Elite will dock you for goofing on the soup spoon or salad fork, too. Economics, English Literature, Logic. Whoever rolls with me, aside from perchance becoming wealthy, will conclude the tour a more enlightened and cultured person. It's like riding a bike or swimming . . . you don't need to actually DO it as an adult but it's good to know how, so you don't end up looking like a weenie or a dope at an inopportune time.

I could use some help buying an RV, too. I saw one with a washer/dryer unit in it -- who knew?

Now, mind, I do not imagine that this person is likely to materialize from this board's membership. I am merely getting my thoughts together, and leaving as many of them scattered about as possible -- partly because I want Corrupt Officials to know that the People are comin' to get 'em and partly because, if they kill me as they have so many others, there is more of a chance that the murder will not go unremarked. That would seriously piss me off if Bad Guys just off me rather than contend with me, and everyone else just goes on about their business.

Thoughts travel. Someone says something to someone who knows someone . . . six degrees of separation . . . voila, serendipity. Not always, of course. There are no guarantees in life, that's one of the things I've learned -- life insurance only pays off if you die. But you've got to have irons in the fire if you expect one of 'em to spark.

On deck, I really think, the Greater Depression.

The_Orlonater
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I realize that. I deliberately brought it up to draw attention to this rampant tendency to sluff off being wrong by casually saying that the other guy is just as wrong.

I WASN'T rude. You were. Rather than apologize, you cast the same aspersion on me.

See, I am DONE with the bullshit way America and Americans are behaving. I resurrected the thread not to get into a pissing match with you but to resurrect my fledgling film idea. I happened then to see your remark.

NOW I'll say no more on the matter, though you may or may not have something to add.

Peace.

Done.