PDA

View Full Version : Why is the entire media lovin the new car czar plan?

SeanEdwards
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't understand why the entire media is uncritically accepting the notion of appointing a minister of car production to manage the US car industry.

Well ok, I guess I do understand, it's because the MSM doesn't believe in independent critical thought. They apparently exist merely as a voluntary propaganda arm for the state apparatus.

Still, it seems so strange to me that this clearly soviet idea (they're even calling the guy a czar fer chrissakes), is being warmly embraced as a sign of positive action by the government. Why would ANYONE think centralizing authority over the entire US car industry under any one person is a good idea?

Along similar lines, I don't understand why nobody in the media is questioning the logic that the government that brought us over $50 trillion in unfunded liabilities is the right entity to develop a sustainable business plan for the automakers? Our government is like the antimatter of sustainability. Everything they touch turns into a black hole. Why are people excited about them touching the car makers?

speciallyblend
12-10-2008, 05:14 PM
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS???? AD REVENUES BABY, what commercials do you see the most of????? car commercials. It is in the media corporate self-interest to sell you the bailout,since the majority of the bailout money goes right back to the MSM for AD REVENUE. MSM should be arrested and tarred and feathered and deported to somewhere other then here:)

MSM=LIARS and dirty corporate corruption talking heads. SELF INTEREST SCUM.

acptulsa
12-10-2008, 05:19 PM
For the same reasons they love the financial system bailout, hate Ron Paul, and hate us.

Kludge
12-10-2008, 05:41 PM
The media doesn't love the bailout plan. They've labeled the bureaucratic overseer a Red czar.

dannno
12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
The media doesn't love the bailout plan. They've labeled the bureaucratic overseer a Red czar.

Which network?

mediahasyou
12-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Control the media and you control the reigns of democracy.

Xenophage
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
A Czar for everything! Everyone a Czar! I want to be the Czar of women's underpants!

By the time I'm 80, it will likely be a possibility!

Kludge
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Which network?

No idea, but someone started using the term and it spread quite nicely.

Scribbler de Stebbing
12-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Because it rhymes. Seriously. They like bright, shiny objects and clever phrases.

speciallyblend
12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Ad Revenues ,end of story, sell the bailout, they sell more car ads bottom line ad revenue is why the media will sell us out!

spotics
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=SeanEdwards;1863416]I don't understand why the entire media is uncritically accepting the notion of appointing a minister of car production to manage the US car industry.
QUOTE]

Well I know that the media is in bed with the people who control the world. However as a former reporter, please allow me to explain why reporters trust government more than private enterprise.

When a newsworthy problem arises, reporters quickly turn to government buracracies for help. Say some people's electricity stops running. Well then you go to the electric regulators. When polluted water is distributed, you call the water board. It just makes the argument for more regulation.

The only real criticism it seems government regularly gets from the msm is that they don't do enough.