PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee on the Daily Show

Brian4Liberty
12-10-2008, 01:19 AM
In case anyone is interested...typical Huckabee. Calls libertarians "anarchists" near the end of part 1.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=213348&title=mike-huckabee-pt.-1

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=213349&title=mike-huckabee-pt.-2

Jeremy
12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm getting tired of him talking about libertarianism. He is confused beyond belief and is probably the only person who I have disliked more and more after losing POTUS. Someone seriously needs to fight back. I mean... we need a conservative libertarian on this. Someone write a book destroying his ridiculous and misguided statements. Anything... his lunacy has got to be shown

Kotin
12-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm getting tired of him talking about libertarianism. He is confused beyond belief and is probably the only person who I have disliked more and more after losing POTUS. Someone seriously needs to fight back. I mean... we need a conservative libertarian on this. Someone write a book destroying his ridiculous and misguided statements. Anything... his lunacy has got to be shown

I agree.. this is really starting to piss me off.

hes just mad that Chuck Norris awoke (how much I dont know) to real conservatism and he obviously likes Ron Paul now instead of Huckabee.

sorry huck.. ya dick. ;)

werdd
12-10-2008, 06:53 AM

I think hes trying to sell his fair tax agenda as not libertarian. Hes trying to distance himself, the huck will be back in 4 years.

speciallyblend
12-10-2008, 07:07 AM
huckabee reminds me of mr hanky a piece of turd that will not shut up!

i cannot fathom myself being a republican in 2-4 yrs if the gop keeps running these idiots!

georgiaboy
12-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Let him jaw. Huckabee is digging himself a hole he will not be able to recover from.

Libertarian conservatism will be once again proven right over the next few years as always, and his words will come back to bite him.

The GOP must reach out to, not push away, libertarian conservatives. Huckabee is just plainly wrong.

I'd like to see Glenn Beck take him to task face to face.

kathy88
12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
WHAT A DICK. So tired of him. Isn't he due for a big sex scandal?

robertwerden
12-10-2008, 10:22 AM
While pushing his book on sucking the dick of american voters, he proceeded to argue about gay marriage and government interference in states issues, then said that libertarians are anarchists.

So now he is getting ready to make another go at 2012 election, and he is already pounding on Ron Paul.

Ron Paul needs to go back on the daily show and talk about how the States have the right to create their own laws and keep the federal government out of it.

This is the one part of Ron Pauls candidacy that people just never understood.

If I was on the stump, I would say something like this:

Forget what you have been brainwashed with that the word government is exclusive to Washington. The word government is a dual meaning term. You have federal government and state government. The President does not have the constitutional right to sign a law that interferes with state government. The states have the right to create laws that decide on issues such as guns, abortion, gay marriage, consumer protection, environmental protection, and regulation on corporations big and small etc.

Don't ask me what I will do about these issues because I will not interfere with states rights unless there is a national emergency as provided for by the constitution.

We need more regulation and accountability in the areas of commerce and industry as well as internationally, but it should be the states that decided the laws to protect the citizens of the states.

If you want to live in a state that has strict gun laws you can choose to petition your state government and get the laws changed, or move to a state that has already enforced a strict gun law. However there are others who wish to carry guns openly and do not want a law that stops them, and they also have the right to petition or move. By allowing the federal government to decide for all states in one single vote in the congress makes it impossible to allow an American citizen to pursue the happiness they are entitled to by the constitution.

If the voters had a better understanding of states rights from the beginning, things would have been different for Rons vote totals.

Truth Warrior
12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." -- Ronald Reagan

gls
12-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I can't believe I used to watch that garbage show when there is a perfectly good Seinfeld rerun on at the same time.

jake
12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I was shocked how pro big government Stewart was in this interview

jake
12-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Stewart is so pro big gubmint it's sickening :mad:

Jeremy
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I was shocked how pro big government Stewart was in this interview
Why? He's always like that

Theocrat
12-10-2008, 11:20 AM
This is another reason why we should get Huckabee and Congressman Paul to do a formal debate on what libertarianism really is. Perhaps we could initiate such an event through our grassroots efforts by sending e-mails to Huckabee's website(s), asking if he'd be interested in debating Dr. Paul on what libertarianism is. What do you think?

heavenlyboy34
12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." -- Ronald Reagan

Where did you get this, TW? I like it. :)

newyearsrevolution08
12-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I felt he was pushing LIBERTARIAN thoughts myself, Jon got him over and over on the gay rights issue and wouldn't let it go. He did do well debating huckster actually AND it looked like the huckster was a bit out of his element.

I think in the next debate they should have people like Jon Stewart and Colbert doing the questions. Imagine having a debate where NONE of the candidates had any clue what questions were about to be asked, no prep time and just actually ANSWER the damn questions.

Huck tried to say that the "Black rights" is not the same as "Gay rights" because you cannot choose to be black or something along those lines. I was confused on his train of thought with that but Jon kind of talked over his response which was odds are a good thing for huck.

He seemed to want to talk about people being able to live as they choose which leans towards trying to get a more libertarian leaning voter base BUT we all know this guy just plays his cards to win no matter what he says.

Marriage is between a man and a women BUT live as you want to live. I think he would have been best to simply say, these rights should be up to the individual state versus federal oversight. He could have pitched a limited government deal and be able to scapegoat around the question entirely.

Not that I want this prick to ever become President... BUT he seemed like he had one foot in one "type" of government and pretending to have his other foot in a limited government and seeing how it plays out.

fuck huck...

newyearsrevolution08
12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Perhaps we could initiate such an event through our grassroots efforts by sending e-mails to Huckabee's website(s), asking if he'd be interested in debating Dr. Paul on what libertarianism is. What do you think?

I think this would boost hucks credibility more with us emailing the hell out of him. As though he would actually be on Ron's level. I think Ron should do seminars, videos, audios and do the teaching thing versus the political thing. Allow others like ourselves to either run for office OR help those who actually want to be in politics.

dr. hfn
12-10-2008, 11:45 AM
huckabee is an idiot who is spreading lies about libertarians, hes a goddman theocrat!
someone neds to kick his ass on live tv...or maybe, do we have any hackers?

dannno
12-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I think this would boost hucks credibility more with us emailing the hell out of him. As though he would actually be on Ron's level. I think Ron should do seminars, videos, audios and do the teaching thing versus the political thing. Allow others like ourselves to either run for office OR help those who actually want to be in politics.

Huck has some segment on FoxNews though.. would be nice to straighten him out a bit.

John of Des Moines
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
huckabee is an idiot who is spreading lies about libertarians, hes a goddman theocrat!
someone neds to kick his ass on live tv...or maybe, do we have any hackers?

A pie on the face would work for me. Not suggesting ... Just sayin'.

Must be youtubed or it didn't happen. Just sayin'.

acptulsa
12-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Huckster has the ears of many religious people and tptb know it. So, they're using him to try to keep us out of power in the G.O.P. And, of course, we're helping them every time the intolerant libertarian atheists go publicly railing against intolerant Christians (and including all the rest by not being specific).

Either that, or all this anti-Christian railing is not being done by libertarians at all, but by trolls. Bashing the majority is a goofy thing to do in any case...

But as for Huckster, he's a tool and he's being used for a specific purpose. And I think we're it.

Elwar
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Huckabee knows the future of the Republican Party. The Neo-Cons have held the majority in the Rep Party for years and it's showing its own demise. Huckabee got a huge following from the Religious Right wing of the party. He could take the religious right and turn it into the majority of the party and be the de facto leader as the ex-preacher. The only obstacle? The Ron Paul Republicans/libertarians that probably have just as much support as the religious right.

His plan: Attack the libertarians to show the neo-cons that they're not "true conservatives" all the while, cementing his theocracy as the real conservatism which the neo-cons will fall behind as they scramble to find themselves.

Huckabee isn't stupid when it comes to libertarians...he is purposefully scewering it to make it a bad word to Republicans. He is so confident that the "libertarian" word is damaged that he called Mitt Romney a libertarian. Partly to add to the destruction of the term and partly to take down Romney as not a true Republican.

I predict that he will do what he can to help get Sarah Palin labelled a libertarian if she runs against him in 2012.

Time for Change
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
This is another reason why we should get Huckabee and Congressman Paul to do a formal debate on what libertarianism really is. Perhaps we could initiate such an event through our grassroots efforts by sending e-mails to Huckabee's website(s), asking if he'd be interested in debating Dr. Paul on what libertarianism is. What do you think?

You should find out if RP is in to it first.

I really think it is best to let huck hang himself, but helping him along is not such a bad idea...it's just the timing.

All that needs to be done with him is to bring light to one key point.
The short story...
The religious people primarily believe that a minister / preacher is called upon by god.
That is their role.
Huck made a decision to leave his calling and follow the evil path of politics.
That notion can be twisted or slanted any way necessary to serve the purpose.
That's the short version.

IMO we have bigger fish to fry right now.

AutoDas
12-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Huckster has the ears of many religious people and tptb know it. So, they're using him to try to keep us out of power in the G.O.P. And, of course, we're helping them every time the intolerant libertarian atheists go publicly railing against intolerant Christians (and including all the rest by not being specific).

The Christians here are only helping Huckabee when you attack atheists here just because you take offense to them calling religion ridiculous so you go screaming bloody murder when it's you people who bring up the topic of religion, not atheists.

acptulsa
12-10-2008, 12:42 PM
The Christians here are only helping Huckabee when you attack atheists here just because you take offense to them calling religion ridiculous so you go screaming bloody murder when it's you people who bring up the topic of religion, not atheists.

You've got me confused with someone else.

And I agree that attacking atheists here is just as impolitic and just as stupid. It just has nothing to do with Huckabee.

Jeremy
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM

It's the intolerant atheists (like you?) who apparently can't accept a diverse group of political activists?

AutoDas
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
It's the intolerant atheists (like you?) who apparently can't accept a diverse group of political activists?

Yes, I'm intolerant of religion just as I am intolerant with statism.

Xenophage
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Its called The Revolution: A Manifesto

Brian4Liberty
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Huckabee knows the future of the Republican Party. The Neo-Cons have held the majority in the Rep Party for years and it's showing its own demise. Huckabee got a huge following from the Religious Right wing of the party. He could take the religious right and turn it into the majority of the party and be the de facto leader as the ex-preacher. The only obstacle? The Ron Paul Republicans/libertarians that probably have just as much support as the religious right.

His plan: Attack the libertarians to show the neo-cons that they're not "true conservatives" all the while, cementing his theocracy as the real conservatism which the neo-cons will fall behind as they scramble to find themselves.

The neo-cons created the "religeous right/family values" movement to cement their control of the GOP. They have been using them. There is no conflict between them.

Xenophage
12-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, I'm intolerant of religion just as I am intolerant with statism.

Ron Paul is a Christian.

I'm radically beyond atheist... there isn't a word to describe me, but there are plenty of Christians I rather like, a lot... like all the ones on these forums!

heavenlyboy34
12-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Ron Paul is a Christian.

I'm radically beyond atheist... there isn't a word to describe me, but there are plenty of Christians I rather like, a lot... like all the ones on these forums!

Saint Cyrill was pretty cool too. :D

acptulsa
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
The neo-cons created the "religeous right/family values" movement to cement their control of the GOP. They have been using them. There is no conflict between them.

Actually, there is now. The evangelicals have been voting for these G.O.P. candidates for a long time--downright religiously, if you'll forgive me for saying so--and abortion is very much still a part of American life. For some reason, the evangelicals are really, really starting to feel used...

We have a splendid opportunity to get them on our side right now. This is a rare thing--it isn't always possible for libertarians to ally themselves successfully with those of a theocratic bent. And that is what Huckabee would wish to prevent.

Brian4Liberty
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM

What we need is a debate with Schiff, Judge Napolitano, Ron Paul and Huckabee. After Huckabee is humiliated, have another with Guiliani as the designated idiot... :D

HOLLYWOOD
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM

QFT... AMEN BROTHER!

Now let's use that cross wrapped in the flag for fund raising, let's investigate Mike Huckasleaze and fleecing of religious money...

The Copeland/Huckabee Love Affair

Billionaire evangelist oilman cattle rancher Kenneth Copeland, who sits so high atop the “prosperity gospel” pyramid that he has hundreds of “franchise” churches whose pastors send money back up the pipeline, spent much of his annual ministers conference last week talking about how he stonewalled the Senate Finance Committee, then boasted about having Mike Huckabee on his team.

http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/huckabee-copeland (http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/huckabee-copeland)

Isn't there a word in the bible about pandering to religion for political gain/control/advance?

Knightskye
12-10-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=213348&title=mike-huckabee-pt.-1

He said it around 6:08 in the video.

"The idea of not having government is not a conservative idea; that's really something beyond that, really something of a libertarian, bordering on anarchy."

And then a couple seconds later, "If we don't self-govern, we're gonna end up with more government."

I want to know what that guy is smoking, and why he wants to ban it from workplaces.

John of Des Moines
12-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Search function works and still on front page: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171782

tonesforjonesbones
12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
No...YOU said he said "smaller government" which isn't accurate..he SAID tHIS;

"The idea of not having government is not a conservative idea; that's really something beyond that, really something of a libertarian, bordering on anarchy."

and he is correct. "not having government" is anarchy. FAIL! Tones

www.truthwarrior.ning.com

acptulsa
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM

Actually, the notion that not having government merely borders on anarchy is the real fail. And associating this with libertarianism is not only a fail, but an obvious propaganda ploy.

tonesforjonesbones
12-10-2008, 05:05 PM
My argument is with the mis statement of the original poster. tones

Xenophage
12-10-2008, 05:13 PM
The real fail = huckabee!

LibertyEagle
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
The real fail = huckabee!

heh

+1 :)

Zera
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I hate you Tones. You're always defending your neocon buddies.

t0rnado
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Huckabee is trailer trash. He wanted to amend the Constitution to fit the Bible. Evangelicals have raped the country with their bullshit since Reagan. Ask this idiot about the other things he'd like to ban.

Kotin
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I hate you Tones. You're always defending your neocon buddies.

+1

tonesforjonesbones
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Hate is a strong word. The immaturity on this forum frequenly pisses me off, but I don't hate YOU . TONES

dannno
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Ahh man, can we pleeeeeeeeeeeezzz have a cat fight

ppppleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz????????????????

http://lolcat.net/d/1323-1/shoryuken.jpg

Zera
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Hate is a strong word. The immaturity on this forum frequenly pisses me off, but I don't hate YOU . TONES

It's a strong word, that's why I used it.

kathy88
12-10-2008, 06:40 PM

It seems to me that your argument is with everyone just to hear yourself blather on.

MRoCkEd
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
its playing again right now

just heard huck call libertarians anarchists

speech
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Huck sucks

jkr
12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
at leasthe didn't call us "terrerists"

LibertyEagle
12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Geez guys, it's great and fine to disagree with each other, but please be respectful when you're doing it.

EonBlue
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM
The huck supporters at my caucus were definitely RUDE!

One girl told me “our guy has everything your guy has and more” in a totally condescending ignorant way. Someone mentioned RP won't hold a gun to your head and a huck supporter's response was “that's how we do it here”. Another basically questioned if the Romney speaker had been saved or not. The huck speaker yelled “PRAISE THE LORD” really loud at the end of her speech and everyone cheered. Also the Ron Paul speaker was the only one that they called time on.

Huck had 20 votes for 1st, we had 10 for 2nd.

mport1
12-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Huckabee got owned on gay marriage.