PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Gov halted Biz with Bank of America BEFORE he Got Arrested

ronpaulforprez2008
12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Anyone think that there is a connection?

Illinois governor halts business with Bank of America
By David Edwards

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich ordered all state agencies to stop doing
business with Bank of America. Blagojevich hopes the move will pressure
Bank of America to assist workers staging a sit-in at a Chicago factory.
Republic Windows & Doors company ceased operations after the bank
ended its line of credit.

This video is from CNN.com, broadcast Dec. 8, 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHhmIHJ444

Bruno
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
But they have him on tape on Nov. 5th saying he wanted to sell the Senatorship. He was under investigation for some time, it appears.

angelatc
12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
He's been under investigation for 3 years. He was only shooting his mouth off about BOA yesterday. That would be an amazingly quick move on their part.

I think that Gov Rod is just a casualty of Chicago politics. His base has pretty much abandoned him, and he's a loose cannon to boot. The machine is hanging him out to dry - even his cabinet members were setting him up for the fall.

blocks
12-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Well yesterday, BoA announced it would once again lend the money to the window manufacturing company. So...

lodge939
12-10-2008, 05:27 AM
But they have him on tape on Nov. 5th saying he wanted to sell the Senatorship. He was under investigation for some time, it appears.facts don't matter to conspiracy theorists. :rolleyes:

Peace&Freedom
12-10-2008, 07:34 AM
facts don't matter to conspiracy theorists. :rolleyes:

It's yet another amazing accident! :rolleyes:

The investigation of the Gov has actually been going on for years, and it just happens that action takes place 24 hours after the Bank of America action? THE SAME BANK that Governor Spitzer was targeting for investigation when, in yet another amazing accident, his prostitute tryst was exposed? Perhaps most corruption by politicians is deliberately left alone precisely in order to keep them in line, and reserved to easily hammer them when they 'get out of line'---as when this Gov took on the big bank?

And as a blogger wrote: To further confirm the hypothesis behind this BoA connection: look who is prosecuting another of his trademark bogus cases– Patrick Fitzgerald, the same fraud who dropped the ball in the 1993 WTC bombing case and who let Karl Rove off the hook after he leaked Valerie Plame’s name to the world!

But logic doesn't matter to gullibility gomers.

angelatc
12-10-2008, 07:40 AM
It makes no sense for BOA to have caved on the loan deal the day after Gov Rod was arrested, according to your conspiracy theory.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 08:02 AM
facts don't matter to conspiracy theorists. :rolleyes:

A three year investigation? and they make an arrest a day after the BoA announcement? The damning evidence was gotten on Nov 5.

Hmmmmm could it be that there was no clear evidence that they could arrest him on between now and Nov 5? I'll hold of on the so called wire taps as evidence. The public release of partial phrases in phone conversations is suspect as well as collusion by the Tribune.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 08:05 AM
If BoA hadn't lent them the money, it would have made them appear complicit in the Illinoise governors arrest. Too late, looks like there are some investigations into exactly that.

Peace&Freedom
12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
It makes no sense for BOA to have caved on the loan deal the day after Gov Rod was arrested, according to your conspiracy theory.

Yes it does, since the Gov is still in power, and the bank senses everyone notices the suspicious coincidence. The vindictive action doesn't have the usual cover of plausible deniability to hide it. BoA didn't expect the Gov would actually suspend their accounts statewide, so is caving for now while it sics the feds to get that guy out of here.

AutoDas
12-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Of course! That corrupt politician was only looking out for the citizens when the bank called in the order! It all makes sense!

Sandra
12-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not saying he was innocent of everything but in this particular case he might have been.

Why would here be a 3 year investigation? They were looking for ANYTHING to get him on.

angelatc
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm not saying he was innocent of everything but in this particular case he might have been. Why would here be a 3 year investigation? They were looking for ANYTHING to get him on.

You're from Louisiana - you should understand. The FBI has a field office in Chicago because the government there is so corrupt. Nobody in Chicago politics is clean. Pay to play is just how it's done there. They've convicted several lower ranking members already, and in fact, when Tony Rezko's sentencing was delayed, speculation was that it was because he was cooperating with investigators in exchange for a reduced sentence.

There's no reason at all to think that Gov Rod is innocent - none what so ever.

lodge939
12-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Go play in traffic you stupid kooks.

angelatc
12-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes it does, since the Gov is still in power, and the bank senses everyone notices the suspicious coincidence. The vindictive action doesn't have the usual cover of plausible deniability to hide it. BoA didn't expect the Gov would actually suspend their accounts statewide, so is caving for now while it sics the feds to get that guy out of here.

I hardly think "everybody" notices. I've only seen the theory here in conspiracy central.

No plausible deniability? He is the most corrupt governor in the freaking country. It is very easy to deny that it had anything to do with the banks. It would have made a lot more sense for them to offer him the $1 million for the Senate seat.

So, what did BOA gain, exactly? Gov Rod had a 4% approval rating. He pretty much a a political fork in him. He wasn't a long term threat.

Anyway, I'm done here. The world isn't all one big conspiracy, but I already know there's no convincing the conspiracy theorists.

No wonder our agenda never advances. Half of us are fighting windmills.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 09:02 AM
You're from Louisiana - you should understand. The FBI has a field office in Chicago because the government there is so corrupt. Nobody in Chicago politics is clean. Pay to play is just how it's done there. They've convicted several lower ranking members already, and in fact, when Tony Rezko's sentencing was delayed, speculation was that it was because he was cooperating with investigators in exchange for a reduced sentence.

There's no reason at all to think that Gov Rod is innocent - none what so ever.

I don't quite get your "Louisiana" angle because corruption is everywhere there is government. We just "out" ours more often. The rest are delusional.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I hardly think "everybody" notices. I've only seen the theory here in conspiracy central.

No plausible deniability? He is the most corrupt governor in the freaking country. It is very easy to deny that it had anything to do with the banks. It would have made a lot more sense for them to offer him the $1 million for the Senate seat.

So, what did BOA gain, exactly? Gov Rod had a 4% approval rating. He pretty much a a political fork in him. He wasn't a long term threat.

Anyway, I'm done here. The world isn't all one big conspiracy, but I already know there's no convincing the conspiracy theorists.

No wonder our agenda never advances. Half of us are fighting windmills.

and some of us protect the true conspiracies it seems.

angelatc
12-10-2008, 09:13 AM
and some of us protect the true conspiracies it seems.

That's because I used to live there and I am actually in on it, although with this statement I have just totally blown my shot at picking up that Senate seat.

Dammit.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
From The Swamp knocking the hypocricy of the Tribune. The arrogant manner in which this editorial is written says it all.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/12/chicago_tribune_to_blago_resig.html

Bruno
12-10-2008, 09:27 AM
A three year investigation? and they make an arrest a day after the BoA announcement? The damning evidence was gotten on Nov 5.

Hmmmmm could it be that there was no clear evidence that they could arrest him on between now and Nov 5? I'll hold of on the so called wire taps as evidence. The public release of partial phrases in phone conversations is suspect as well as collusion by the Tribune.

According to their statements, they made the arrest now because they thought he was close to picking the Senate seat, and it would have been difficult afterwards to retract that choice according to the Illinois constitution.

Hey , I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, though. Not saying that there isn't one here, just that the timing certainly could be coincidence.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 09:56 AM
BBC UK is also eluding to a connection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7775153.stm

Sandra
12-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Chicago's NPR also wanted to know why the arrest was made now and why the rush:

http://www.wbez.org/Content.aspx?audioID=30758

Mort
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM
So if it was a bank of america conspiracy to oust the chicago gov because of threats, how come bank of america immediately caved to that window company?

amonasro
12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry guys, this fails the conspiracy-theory litmus test. Not gonna happen :)

Sandra
12-10-2008, 11:51 AM
So if it was a bank of america conspiracy to oust the chicago gov because of threats, how come bank of america immediately caved to that window company?

So far they haven't. They just sent out a press release stating they would. Google "Bank of America" in the news. This is exactly what that bailout money was for, now the press wants to know what they did with it.

Sandra
12-10-2008, 11:59 AM
No extension yet:

http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chicago_news/Republic_workers_continue_sitin_after_nine_hours_o f_talks,19767

Jp Morgan Chase have offered:
http://www.suntimes.com/business/1323627,republic-windows-jp-morgan-chase-pledge-121008.article

Peace&Freedom
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM

The more corrupt a pol is, the easier it is to reign him in via threat of exposure (or if that isn't enough pressure, running an ongoing investigation against him). Deniability has to do with both circumstances and timing. Here you have a damaged politician (the right set-up circumstance), but the speed in which they both abruptly announced the investigation AND LEAKED EVIDENCE TO THE MEDIA (poor timing) screams suspicious and obvious payback. That this is oblivious to gullibility central doesn't rebut that it's obvious to most everybody else.

It's the rapid response team, 'warroom'approach gone wild. When I first heard the story it reminded me of the Clinton town hall years ago where an independent person actually squeaked into the proceedings, and criticized the President's tax policies. In LESS than 24 hours the media ran the story that this private sector person had been discovered to be a 'tax cheat.' Somebody friendly to Clinton in the press had clearly burned the midnight oil to discredit him so his effective critque would not 'win' that news cycle. Something similar seems to be happening here.

dannno
12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
BBC UK is also eluding to a connection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7775153.stm

BBC should just take the 'facts' at face value rather than analyzing them, stop spreading conspiracy theories and go play in some traffic.

/sarcasm

Lodge, do you see a difference between paying attention to the facts and taking them at face value versus and analyzing them? I have a really big problem with the fact that you are telling people to go play in traffic, and that they aren't paying attention to the facts, when in fact the people in this thread are using all of the facts to line up a logical, coherent case for their assertions. You, on the other hand, refuse to do any further analysis with said facts, only pay attention to one fact at a time, and are unwilling to connect them together and only take them at face value. I guess that's why you aren't a detective, but seriously.. calling people kooks and telling them to go play in traffic?? Come on.

dannno
12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry guys, this fails the conspiracy-theory litmus test. Not gonna happen :)

Considering the world is run by banks, and this man tries to shut down banking operations and suddenly gets in legal trouble.. what exactly is your litmus test now?? A full blown admission and apology by Henry Paulson that they are trying to take over the world?? I mean, this stuff is right in front of our faces clear as day..

lodge939
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
BBC should just take the 'facts' at face value rather than analyzing them, stop spreading conspiracy theories and go play in some traffic.

/sarcasm

Lodge, do you see a difference between paying attention to the facts and taking them at face value versus and analyzing them? I have a really big problem with the fact that you are telling people to go play in traffic, and that they aren't paying attention to the facts, when in fact the people in this thread are using all of the facts to line up a logical, coherent case for their assertions. You, on the other hand, refuse to do any further analysis with said facts, only pay attention to one fact at a time, and are unwilling to connect them together and only take them at face value. I guess that's why you aren't a detective, but seriously.. calling people kooks and telling them to go play in traffic?? Come on.You're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

dannno
12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
You're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

No, with variables X, Y and Z we are logically coming up with a probability greater than 50% that X + Y = Z. In actuality, it's probably closer to 95% if you considered all other evidence relating to the banking fraud and the NWO conspiracy.

You are coming up with a probability of zero and exclaiming that we are wrong. You are a fool for thinking that, and it is completely illogical unless you know something that we don't.

Nobody here knows the actual value of some of these variables, yet you pretend to know and you come off as completely sure of yourself that we are wrong.

HOLLYWOOD
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Considering the world is run by banks, and this man tries to shut down banking operations and suddenly gets in legal trouble.. what exactly is your litmus test now?? A full blown admission and apology by Henry Paulson that they are trying to take over the world?? I mean, this stuff is right in front of our faces clear as day..

Gotta Love those Patriot and FISA acts! 3 cheers for spying on ALL, eh? :rolleyes:

okay, NSA has a dossier on most, but anytime they need to spring up "DIRT" or Skeletons, just call up the files at the NSA, SEC, & FBI centers in MD, PA, NJ, NY, & WV.

I would like to see ALL the electronic and audio transfers recorded between; The FED, US Treasury, Banks, Wall st, and Federal politicians, like;

Dubya, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Emanuel, Obama, McCain, Lieberman, Shumer, Cochran, Boehner, Pence, Cantor, Spector, and a few dozen other sellouts.

dannno
12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Dubya, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Emanuel, Obama, McCain, Lieberman, Shumer, Cochran, Boehner, Pence, Cantor, Spector, and a few dozen other sellouts.

Hey, those are all GOOD people who don't break the law.. It's this governor of Illinois I'm worried about.. You know.. the one who attempted to halt banking operations??

Lodge, it's so obvious it hurts. Seriously. Get your head out of your ass.

lodge939
12-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey, those are all GOOD people who don't break the law.. It's this governor of Illinois I'm worried about.. You know.. the one who attempted to halt banking operations??

Lodge, it's so obvious it hurts. Seriously. Get your head out of your ass.You should take your story to the New York Times. I mean, it's so obvious, right?

dannno
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
You should take your story to the New York Times. I mean, it's so obvious, right?

The MSM are the gatekeepers for these operations.

They are the missing link, the reason why we must revert to speculation on these issues.

They should be asking questions, but they don't.

lodge939
12-10-2008, 03:53 PM
The MSM are the gatekeepers for these operations.

They are the missing link, the reason why we must revert to speculation on these issues.

They should be asking questions, but they don't.
they weren't gatekeepers when they outed a CIA agent. Doesn't Darth Cheney control the media, or something?

dannno
12-10-2008, 10:40 PM
they weren't gatekeepers when they outed a CIA agent.

That's quite an assumption there.