PDA

View Full Version : Obama's connections with Blagojevich

Mesogen
12-09-2008, 03:00 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html

Obama not only endorsed Blagojevich, he also served as his adviser in 2002.

Video: Obama: I've had no contact with Ill. Gov.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6427201

And, it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house.

That 2002 endorsement came at the same time that Axelrod had such serious concerns about whether Blagojevich was ready for governing he refused to work for his one-time client.

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor. We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

Obama may not have been in on this Senate seat sale thing, but this guy was known to be very corrupt. What little corruptions was Obama in on during his state senate days or his run for US Senate? Hmmmmmmmmmm???
:eek:

constitutional
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I have no doubt Obama engaged in illegal activities as a Senator.

But will it matter? Not when you are the president with majority of the Americans behind you.

Just imagine a president being arrested on a normal day without any warning.

Sweet science.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Watch when Biden gets caught in another scandal. "I swear, I never met the guy"

amonasro
12-09-2008, 06:09 PM
All the Chicago politicians are calling for his resignation according to the news here. If he doesn't, he'll probably get impeached. They don't want anything to do with this guy.

jclay2
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
And unlike Mr. Obama would have you believe, nearly everyone in Illinois is celebrating this guy getting thrown out of office. One of my coworkers even mentioned that a local doctor was taking out his entire office for lunch to celebrate Blagojevich's indictment.

armstrong
12-10-2008, 10:15 AM
hard to believe he had no contact with the Gov.......and oh by the way on our local and national media here in oregon..we now need a media bailout...good God...

Sandra
12-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Both Blagojevich and Obama supported what the workers were doing at Republic Doors and Windows and threatening BoA for not extending credit after grabbing the bailout. The next day they are both slammed with corruption allegations. BoA OWNS the Senate! Almost EVERY senator has received heavy contributions fron BoA! Boa does NOT have to follow any law governing lending and never has. Gee, how did they get those special perks not extended to most other lenders?

pcosmar
12-10-2008, 10:28 AM
All the Chicago politicians are calling for his resignation according to the news here. If he doesn't, he'll probably get impeached. They don't want anything to do with this guy.

Wow, Just wow.

I had always believed that Chicago politicians=Corruption

Why is anyone surprised at any of this?

And really, is there anything about Obama, his past, and his rise from obscurity to position, that is NOT questionable.???