PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Lies, says RP's down to 1% from 3%

wgadget
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/09/10/thompson-up-romney-and-ron-paul-down-in-latest-gallup-poll/#comment-37042

hard@work
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Lies.

austin356
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
lies lies lies

austin356
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
not necessarily lies, but "poll picking" is very common among the establishment. You do a poll and dont publish it unless the results are too your liking.

Give me liberty
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
why waste so much effort on Gallup?

Gallup is owned by CNN and cnn is owned by the AoL in which some of its members are of those CFR group.

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
They sampled 425 people by phone. Not a large enough sampling that I think is worthy of much priority. Especially since these polls are most likely about name recognition and the main stream media (like USA Today who is running the polls) plaster the other candidates names all over their headlines and leave Ron Paul out almost entirely. Ron Paul is on a meteoric rise in name reconition right now and will reflect in the polls to come.

1 in 425 =2.4%, not the 1% you claim. Also, calling 425 people is hardly a large sample.

kickzman
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Fuck gallop and the fagots that work there.

Mr. White
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
They sampled 425 people by phone. Not a large enough sampling that I think is worthy of much priority. Especially since these polls are most likely about name recognition and the main stream media (like USA Today who is running the polls) plaster the other candidates names all over their headlines and leave Ron Paul out almost entirely. Ron Paul is on a meteoric rise in name reconition right now and will reflect in the polls to come.

1 in 425 =2.4%, not the 1% you claim. Also, calling 425 people is hardly a large sample.

Um, try your math again...

paulitics
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
great, they're going to try and use this to end his campaign right there by excluding him in future debates. Bill O will probably bring it up as well to brush him off as fringe. I don't see how they can lie this much and get away with it. He was clearly building momentum during the summer. Did the last debate hurt him?

dude58677
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
If major league baseball did voting like this for the All Star game, there would be injured and washed up players. The randomness of telehpone polls suck because they rely on an ignorant population to be considered scientific.

mesler
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Spoken like a true 12-year old.

expatriot
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Who are they calling? No one I know, that's for certain.
If we could just find that nursing home and donate a DSL hookup...

mesler
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Gallup polls are increasingly like on-line polls - they reflect only one particular segment of the population. They don't poll anyone without land-lines, which is apparently a sizeable chunk of the US population.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd go to go to their HQ and assault their people. Who's with me? They need to be taught a good lesson. Propagandists.

Original_Intent
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
In other words, two-thirds of Ron Paul's support went to FT. Riiiiight.

Gallup lost any scrap of credibility they had with me.

expatriot
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Gallup polls are increasingly like on-line polls - they reflect only one particular segment of the population. They don't poll anyone without land-lines, which is apparently a sizeable chunk of the US population.

Yeah, that's my whole family - 6 households and only 2 landlines,
everyone has a mobile because it's just that much simpler.

Still, if that's the credibility they want, that's the credibility they will earn.

Gallup Polls are Rubbish !

(now I feel better, anyway)

American
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
What bullshit...Fallup polls are shite

To help Ron Paul we need to push information that that supports his position but without naming Ron Paul. Scott Ritter has a few good videos that are in lock step with Ron Paul's views.

We are combating a misinformed public about the war in Iraq, if we cant set a common ground to build from its going to be hard to get new people who only get there news from the idiot box.

JackLaw
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM

What he said.

Zydeco
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
“Scientific” polls are RIGGED!

Notice how every non-manipulable metric we have –straw polls, meetup support, post-debate text message and online polling, # of people who show up at candidates’ rallies — say Ron Paul is doing very well and Giuliani, for example, is not — while the ONE — count ‘em, ONE — metric we have that’s obtained through easily-manipulated means by people with decades of experience in manipulating that metric, and with a financial interest in doing so, shows the EXACT opposite?

I mean, if Giuliani is so popular, why doesn’t he have a SINGLE meetup group? Why hasn’t he won a SINGLE straw poll? Why does he never will post-debate or online polls?

The times, they are a-changing. Our media lies, the pollsters lie, the politicians lie, the pundits lie.

And it’s all about to collapse. Don't be discouraged by the propaganda.

njandrewg
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
unless you have 100% name recognition those mean nothing.

robatsu
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
What the radical difference between "scientific" polls and online/straw/post-debate polls tells us is that RP supporters will participate and get out the vote. In the former, participants are selected by outside agency, in the latter, the voters are self-selected, those who care enough to participate. This trend is indisputable, and tells me that RP will do a lot better in election polls than scientific polls. Whether it is as good as online/straw/post-debate polls remains to be seen.

Grandson of Liberty
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I can just hear the poll now. . .

Question: Have you ever heard of a guy named Ron Paul?

If yes: Thankyou, goodbye.

If no: Okay, then, who are you voting for?

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
The fact the poll points out that he has the same support as Chuck Hagel invalidates the poll for me.

fj45lvr
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
If major league baseball did voting like this for the All Star game, there would be injured and washed up players. The randomness of telehpone polls suck because they rely on an ignorant population to be considered scientific.

It's kind of like trusting the "Ask the Audience" lifeline on the gameshow.....the audience gets a wrong sometimes!!!! that demonstrates ignorance but if the polling is in fact to registered republicans it wouldn't surprise me if Paul is low...most have never heard of him and if they have it is for the distorted things like "911 truth", legalizing pot and prostitution, etc. that are specifically targeted to discredit and WORK (thats why they do it).

born2drv
09-10-2007, 01:32 PM
What did Gallup rank Paul last time, 3%? Not every national poll had RP at 3% previously.

purplechoe
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Since the polls show that 70% of Americans want us out of Iraq, I have a hard time believing that Ron Paul is doing so bad in these polls. Do these people think we're stupid? Don't give up hope folks. Lets keep this revolution going. Nothing can stop us if we put our minds to it. Go Ron, Go!!!