PDA

View Full Version : Another Dem becomes a Republican 4 Ron Paul

Sematary
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I saw a friend today whom I hadn't seen in awhile and after exchanging some pleasantries she was looking at the Ron Paul stickers all over my car and simply said "so tell me about Ron Paul". :-)
Apparently, she had read one of the slimjims that I left on the counter of one of the local businesses here and liked what she read. Not having a computer (and thus internet access) she couldn't really find out more. We talked at length about his stances, including how the income tax could be eradicated and how he is the only true anti-war candidate, etc...
I ended up giving her a bumper sticker (which she wanted) and a stack of slimjims as well as some of the ozzfest postcards that I have left over (almost out of those now). She also didn't realize that she would have to switch to Republican to vote for him but she very much wants to vote for him. So I gave her a mail-in voter registration form (I always carry them) along with a dvd, etc... Another of those who will never be polled but will be voting for Ron Paul in the primaries.

....Mission Accomplished.... :)

Sematary
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
bump

micahnelson
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Thats great to hear. We should have a voter registration event in the NE Area sematary!

belian78
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey, I just had 4 new members join my meetup since the last debate. One of them said he was a Dem until finding Dr Paul. WOO HOO!.

also, my sister and brother-in-law are members of the local fishing/hunting/breeding club in my area. apparently in the last meeting about 3-4 people were talking about Dr Paul, and how they really liked him! I told my sis to give them my info in case they are wanting to help in the grassroots effort.

all told, great week for the campaign for freedom! :D

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
That's the best thing about Ron Paul... he's the only GOP that can attract dems

theblatanttruth
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm sure carrying those mail-in voters registration forms in an open envelope pre-stamped for them would be a handy thing to have for the imediate impulse reaction from people's welcome of his views

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
it will be funny if the majority of RP's supprters end up being ex-democrats

Sematary
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Thats great to hear. We should have a voter registration event in the NE Area sematary!

I agree