PDA

View Full Version : Absurd Bias in U.S. History Textbook

ResurrectLiberty
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I just found my textbook's summation of the Second Bank of the United States to be very perturbing. What do you think?

The Bank did a tremendous business in general banking. It provided credit to growing enterprises; it issued bank notes, which served as dependable medium of exchange throughout the country; and it exercised a restraining effect on the less well-managed state banks. Nicholas Biddle, who served as president of the Bank from 1823 on, had done much to put the institution on a sound and prosperous basis. Nevertheless, Andrew Jackson was determined to destroy it.

powerofreason
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I just found my textbook's summation of the Second Bank of the United States to be very perturbing. What do you think?

I think your UNPATRIOTIC!

http://wiki.freetalklive.com/images/thumb/2/28/1892_Pledge_of_Allegiance2.jpg/300px-1892_Pledge_of_Allegiance2.jpg

NOW BE A GOOD LITTLE BOY AND BEHAVE YOURSELF

Ranger29860
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
wow Jackson was evil

...ok back to reality

lucius
12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
You're serving time--it is up to you to educate yourself. Looks like you off to a great start.

Here is a pertinent book, Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, download in pdf from here: http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

heavenlyboy34
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM

You little troublemaker! How dare you question what your government prison's santiarium-er, uh-school tells you! ;)

orafi
12-08-2008, 09:59 PM

take some white out and a piece of reality and fix that shit

RSLudlum
12-08-2008, 10:00 PM
ose nose... that evil, indian-boy adopting, American-hating Andrew Jackson wanted to kill the glorious Second Bank of the US???? How dare he threaten those benevolent banking fellows with such vile name-calling as "vipers"!!!!

:p

ResurrectLiberty
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
...ok back to reality

But, stuff like the Bank of the U.S. fiasco is something that is referenced by politicians of today and heck, even Ron Paul referred to it at his End the Fed gathering in Houston a couple of weeks. We can't just dismiss these things and focus on reality if our past paves this road for our current situation.

FrankRep
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
The Bank did a tremendous business in general banking. It provided credit to growing enterprises; it issued bank notes, which served as dependable medium of exchange throughout the country; and it exercised a restraining effect on the less well-managed state banks. Nicholas Biddle, who served as president of the Bank from 1823 on, had done much to put the institution on a sound and prosperous basis. Nevertheless, Andrew Jackson was determined to destroy it.

http://www.cafardnaum.info/bah/facepalm.JPG

Homeschooling anyone? Sounds awesome right about now.

James Madison
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Better than my econ textbook/class. We spent over a month on the Federal Reserve and my teacher (and the book) never brought up the point that it was a private organization.

powerofreason
12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I love the ad at the bottom of the page:

Free Government Money?
Receive $10k-$100k in Gov Grants
Never Repay, Get Your Free Kit Now!

emazur
12-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Fed of MN says:
http://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications_papers/pub_display.cfm?id=4047
Biddle was the country’s first central banker, and he was a master of his craft."

malkusm
12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Fed of MN says:
http://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications_papers/pub_display.cfm?id=4047
Biddle was the country’s first central banker, and he was a master of his craft."

And "his craft" was to rob the American people. :D

acptulsa
12-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the post. It lets us older ones know just how far they've gone since we were in school. They didn't dwell much on the Second Bank during my school days, and actually didn't even apologize for it much less praise and eulogize it. What a piece of blatant propaganda!

And not just propaganda. You can propagandize without telling baldfaced lies...

Truth Warrior
12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
"Official" history ( and economics ) texts are written by the "winners" ( so called ). Any correlation to reality and truth is purely accidental and coincidental.<IMHO>

John of Des Moines
12-09-2008, 08:11 AM
"Official" history ( and economics ) texts are written by the "winners" ( so called ). Any correlation to reality and truth is purely accidental and coincidental.<IMHO>

Everybody says history is written by the winners. Wrong! History is written by the bankers and those they fund. How else does one explain how an amendment was ratified (or was not) and published by so many states, territories and the federal government itself and not one word of it in any history book. No mention of how stupid those who published it were. Nothing. Go figure.

Truth Warrior
12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Everybody says history is written by the winners. Wrong! History is written by the bankers and those they fund. How else does one explain how an amendment was ratified (or was not) and published by so many states, territories and the federal government itself and not one word of it in any history book. No mention of how stupid those who published it were. Nothing. Go figure.

I consider the banksters the winners too. ;)

SIR JOSIAH STAMP, (President of the Bank of England in the 1920's, the second richest man in Britain)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits."

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton