PDA

View Full Version : GOP: Orange County GOP in Florida contested tonight

Imperial
12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2008/12/orange-gop-pick.html?cid=141964172#comment-141964172

There is an election for new chairman and general organization. It seems a coalition has been developing against the old guy. I am sure ya'll remember the legal wars fought earlier in the year? Anyway, the election is tonight. It seems the incumbent is a real crook. Wish them luck!

PS: GET TO YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL MEETINGS! WE HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

durden0
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes, the elections were tonight. Twelve ron paul republicans were barred from participating due to technicalities on their loyalty oaths. Yet they let some guy who showed up without ID vote.

I'm sad to report we lost the chairman seat by ONE vote.

Nick has vowed to fight and contest this in any way possible.Very sad day here in Orlando.

speciallyblend
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, the elections were tonight. Twelve ron paul republicans were barred from participating due to technicalities on their loyalty oaths. Yet they let some guy who showed up without ID vote.

I'm sad to report we lost the chairman seat by ONE vote.

Nick has vowed to fight and contest this in any way possible.Very sad day here in Orlando.

no worries ,just means a quicker death for these corrupt bastards!! THE SCARLET LETTER R, mark them all so we know who the nazi's are

just give florida back to the british and get the hell out of the state!

t0rnado
12-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Florida belonged to the Spanish. lrn2history

Imperial
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
It also belonged to the British after the 7 Year's War, when Spain ceded Florida to Britain so that it could get Cuba back. Britain had claimed both territories during the war because Spain sided with France, and claimed concessions after the war. After the American Revolution, when Britain got beat up, Spain got Florida back(it had been kind-of on the American side).

In addition, after the American Revolution British agents were active in Florida as Spain and the US had huge territory disputes. When Andrew Jackson claimed Florida illegally in 1818, he hung several British agents in hasty military trials that were found among the Indians.

Imperial
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Huge shame for the defeat though.

slacker921
12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey GOP people who are reading this -- you lost in 2008 without us, and many of us (who have been registered Republicans our whole lives) actively campaigned against McCain and neoconservative candidates. We will be better organized in 2010. Do you want us on your side or not?

You have less than a year. Lose the neoconservatives in power or lose in 2010. Your choice.

Matt Collins
12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
It's ok - we have a victory here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171441

Matt Collins
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm sad to report we lost the chairman seat by ONE vote. Were there any other seats gained by Ron Paul supporters?

Nick has vowed to fight and contest this in any way possible.Very sad day here in Orlando.Nick is a great man and a true patriot! He has given me encouragement and ideas more so than anyone realizes.

newyearsrevolution08
12-08-2008, 11:44 PM
I think once Obama gets into his cushy seat more and more local efforts are going to develop without anyone really noticing. I think it will be much easier to take various cities over when the "political radar" starts to clear finally.

Now on to locate more Patriots to join in the local battles!

durden0
12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Were there any other seats gained by Ron Paul supporters?

I'm afraid not. The rest of the races weren't as close.

The Lantern
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2008/12/orange-gop-pick.html?cid=141964172#comment-141964172

There is an election for new chairman and general organization. It seems a coalition has been developing against the old guy. I am sure ya'll remember the legal wars fought earlier in the year? Anyway, the election is tonight. It seems the incumbent is a real crook. Wish them luck!

PS: GET TO YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL MEETINGS! WE HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Orange GOP Chief Barely Keeps Post in 122-121 Party Vote
posted by David Damron on Dec 8, 2008 9:57:32 PM
Discuss This: Comments (16) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Orange County GOP chairman Lew Oliver held on to his party post by one vote, with the election ending 122-121 Monday night.

"My new nick name is Landslide Lew," Oliver joked afterward.

The longtime chairman faced a challenge from Deon Long, who was backed by coalition of disaffected Republicans, namely those who supported U.S. Rep. Ron Paul's failed presidential bid.

One member of the opposing coalition, political consultant Doug Guetzloe, said the result is being contested because two executive committee members voted "present," denying a majority vote.

"There should have been a run-off but Oliver simply declared himself the winner over our protests," Guetzloe said in an email. "We will contest the vote in the courts or call for a new vote in a special meeting."
Long, who backed Mitt Romney in the primary, derided the fact that Oliver presided over years of Democrats vastly outpacing Republicans in registering new party members. Long said Oliver also went too far in pushing party leaders to sign loyalty oaths. Oliver said he had to do it, and it wasn't his rule.

Oliver blamed an East-West Expressway car crash and conflicting schedules for about 40 or 50 no-shows among his supporters, especially in the northwest and Apopka area.

Oliver had said weeks ago that he would win comfortably, but the final tally was a practical dead heat.

"I've got to give them credit, they got their people there," Oliver said.

Oliver said the vote signaled that he should reach out to those disaffected leaders who didn't support him, but "I am not going to cater to the more radical wing of the Ron Paul faction."

Oliver termed many of that group as "kooks" and as "flat traitors" who did little work for local GOP candidates. He said that was the most prolific voting bloc who voted against him.

"But anybody who wants to play team ball, they're welcome," Oliver said.

ShannonOBrien
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
"But anybody who wants to play team ball, they're welcome," Oliver said.

So anybody who wants the party to stay exactly the same is welcome to help the party. Because that's been working so well lately.

Knightskye
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
122-121

Can't wait to see what happens next.

t0rnado
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Both of them are neo-cons.

michigan wolverine
12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I hope you read the comments on the blog. The comments from the Ron Paul coalition should a definite lack of maturity. Also read the comments by young republican. He states that they knew the rules going into the election. Yet because they did not like the rules they chose not to follow. Totally unbelievable.

Matt Collins
12-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope you read the comments on the blog. The comments from the Ron Paul coalition should a definite lack of maturity.This makes no sense. Can you redo your sentence?

Orgoonian
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I hope you read the comments on the blog. The comments from the Ron Paul coalition should a definite lack of maturity. Also read the comments by young republican. He states that they knew the rules going into the election. Yet because they did not like the rules they chose not to follow. Totally unbelievable.

Is that you Cap'n Jack?

speciallyblend
12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Florida belonged to the Spanish. lrn2history

i never said it was the british , i just said give it back to the british. i do not dispute that it was spanish ,i just said give it back to the british. as in the whole east coast;) or if you like give it all back to the spanish who cares;) as far as im concerned the unites states of america starts at denver going west:). no urge to ever go east of denver in my life, give everything east of denver back to europe for all i care!!

Matt Collins
12-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Florida has had 4 flags fly over it; Spanish, British, United States, Confederate States.

Matt Collins
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Please see these two threads for updates:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=173566
and
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1899357