PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly Factor Ratings - This is BigTime!!

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Although 2 million doesn't seem that immpressive - this is HUGE MSM exposure - could anyone calulate the Advertising $ value? The end result is probably closer to 3-5+ million views with two shows and all the internet replays.

O'Reilly Factor Ratings For August 2007 (From 7-30-07 to 8-24-07)

Rating - 1.8
Total Viewers - 2,096,000
25-54 Demo - 420,000

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/august_program_ranker_65950.asp#more

O'Reilly Factor Ratings For The 2nd Quarter of 2007

Rating - 1.9
Total Viewers - 2,211,000
25-54 Demo - 442,000

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/q207ranker.pdf

O'Reilly Factor Ratings Drop to 1.7 For May

In May of 2007 the factor had a 1.7 rating, with an average of 1,954,000 viewers a night, and 400,000 viewers a night in the 25-54 demo.

It's a pretty big drop from the April numbers, Billy lost about 500,000 viewers a night from April to May. I suspect the drop was due to O'Reilly taking a 10 day vacation.

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/may07ranker.pdf

O'Reilly Factor Ratings For April 2007

Rating - 2.1
Total Viewers - 2,459,000
25-54 Demo - 495,000

Billy thanked his viewers for keeping the factor the #1 rated show in cable news. What he did not tell you is that his ratings are only up 19% (year to year) from April of 2006 to April of 2007. During that same time Keith Olbermann had a 67% increase in total viewers, in April of 2006 he averaged 450,000 viewers a night, he averaged 708,000 viewers a night for April of 2007.

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/apr07ranker.pdf

O'Reilly Factor Ratings For The 1st Quarter of 2007

Rating - 2.0
Total Viewers - 2,377,000
25-54 Demo - 498,000

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/q107ranker.pdf

Shatterhand
09-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Speaking of numbers, do you know how many people watched the debate?

noxagol
09-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Speaking of numbers, do you know how many people watched the debate?

I heard 3.4million

DavyDuke17
09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
BillO and KO are always bickering over ratings, so make sure you tune in tonight because this will be a good way to show that Paul can bring in ratings. Hopefully this make Olbermann talk about Paul finally.

EvilEngineer
09-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I think the 3.4 was conservative really, I know of numerous meetup groups gathering together to watch the debates. Not to mention all of the supporters at the debate (which of course no one got to see due to MSM censorship).

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
BillO and KO are always bickering over ratings, so make sure you tune in tonight because this will be a good way to show that Paul can bring in ratings. Hopefully this make Olbermann talk about Paul finally.

Kieth Olbermann is a gatekeeper, to him Ron Paul doesn't exist.

It's so frustrating that he plays party politics, he has such great things to say about the current administration.

stones88
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I remember seeing the pre-dominant demographic who watch the O'reilly factor are old, like 60y/o - 75 y/o. I think that may bode well for the Dr.

I hope the interview isn't solely consumed by foreign policy questions. If older conservatives are exposed to Ron's domestic policies, they'll realize how similar he is to Goldwater and Reagan.

wsc321
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Given KO's resistance to the war, and his willingness to boldy address the death of Habeas Corpus, I'm just at a loss for why he hasn't interviewed Ron Paul.... It seems so blatantly biased not to.

Is KO just totally Democrat? Like no fairness at all in that regard?

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
So this Show is worth about 300k in advertising?

Ninja Homer
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I would guess there will be more viewers of O'Reilly tonight. General Petraeus is giving his report today, and will be on Fox News after the O'Reilly Factor. (General Petraeus is giving his report right now on about every news channel, btw)

On the other hand, it's also the first night of Monday Night Football, so who knows.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
What does a 60 second spot nationwide during Oreily cost?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
So this Show is worth about 300k in advertising?

Provided BO doesn't succeed in making RP look like a kook. We know that's his goal; we also know RP is smart enough not to get sucked in. Looking forward to the battle of wits . . . :D

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Provided BO doesn't succeed in making RP look like a kook. We know that's his goal; we also know RP is smart enough not to get sucked in. Looking forward to the battle of wits . . . :D

Yes you're are right The Good Doctor is having to EARN every inch of Media Coverage - unlike Mr. Goul and Freddy Thompson - Can you imagine the $$$ value of all the free positive media coverage these guys have recieved over the past few months - has to be over 20 million each

jj111
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Yes you're are right The Good Doctor is having to EARN every inch of Media Coverage - unlike Mr. Goul and Freddy Thompson - Can you imagine the $$$ value of all the free positive media coverage these guys have recieved over the past few months - has to be over 20 million each

I think you are underestimating it. All the free media rides Goul and Thompson and Romney and McCain have gotten would be worth hundreds of millions so far, IMO, if you figured how much the same amount of coverage would cost in advertising dollars on the same media.

wgadget
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I hope RP gets to voice his views on the economy and IMMIGRATION, as I believe these will be the key issues of the election.

The Dems are really sucking up to the Hispanics with their debate last night, which ought to lose them some votes.

This would be a great chance for RP to attract both the conservatives with his great conservatism on social issues (they might not ever agree with him on the war), and the liberals with his view on the war (they might not ever agree with him on the social issues). This could be a powerful night for Ron Paul.

Go Ron Paul!

BuddyRey
09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Two-million people actually WATCH that dreck on a regular basis?!?!?!

To quote Bill Hicks, "boy is my finger not on the pulse of America!"

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
I think you are underestimating it. All the free media rides Goul and Thompson and Romney and McCain have gotten would be worth hundreds of millions so far, IMO, if you figured how much the same amount of coverage would cost in advertising dollars on the same media.

If you are right - it explains a lot of things

ghemminger
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Two-million people actually WATCH that dreck on a regular basis?!?!?!

To quote Bill Hicks, "boy is my finger not on the pulse of America!"

Yeah - Very starnge but RP supporters are still on the "Fringe" - but this will change - and we are getting ready for it

wgadget
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I hope he is able to emphasize his differences with the Democrats. Yesterday at church a man in his 30's approached me about RP. I had given him so literature about a month ago. He said that he saw my guy was getting a lot of attention lately.

Then he asked me why he doesn't run as a Democrat?

So many of RP's stances on issues other than the war are conservative, but unfortunately, he hardly ever gets questions on these issues. I hope he will take advantage of tonight's media exposure.

Might win some Republicans.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html

Upper right hand corner

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html

Upper right hand corner

"Showdown Over Iraq: Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul goes head-to-head with Bill"

Sounds like they WILL be throwing some punches. At least they didn't call him a "longshot."

drednot
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Questions I expect to hear today:

"A scientific Gallop poll released today shows that your support is down to 1%. Why do you think it is that rank-and-file americans are not buying your story?"

"General Petraeus today stated that the Surge has suceeded in reducing sectarian violence in Iraq. We've granted you a national audience, are you willing to call him a liar in front of America?"

"With the anniversary of 9/11 looming, are you ready to admit that the President's enhanced surveilance powers have successfully prevented a recurrance of this kind of attack?"

"Do you deny that the Iranian Government is helping to kill Americans by providing IEDs to insurgents in Iraq?"

davidhperry
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Don't fret about how things will go tonight. Ron Paul is more then used to holding his own - how do you think he became such a good debater? It's from all that experience of being the lone vote in congress. Besides, any publicity is good publicity at this point. A lot more people are going to attracted to him tonight than will be turned off.

lapi7
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Given KO's resistance to the war, and his willingness to boldy address the death of Habeas Corpus, I'm just at a loss for why he hasn't interviewed Ron Paul.... It seems so blatantly biased not to.

Is KO just totally Democrat? Like no fairness at all in that regard?

Don't be fooled.

Olbermann is a dye in the wool Democrat...and for him ONLY A DEMOCRAT will sufice.

Methinks he and Dr. Paul would not see eye to eye on many issues and could evolve into a slapping match by the Keithmiester...

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
"General Petraeus today stated that the Surge has suceeded in reducing sectarian violence in Iraq. We've granted you a national audience, are you willing to call him a liar in front of America?"

Just throw this back at him in about 8 years.

"John Edwards today stated that Universal Health care has succeeded in reducing the number of Americans without Health Insurance. We've granted you a national audience, are you willing to call him a liar in front of America?"

Then when he says he thinks we should get out of Universal Health Care, call him a cut-and-runner, and unpatriotic. United we stand, one nation under God.

ronpaulhawaii
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I hope to see the YouTube up quickly, please...

No TV :D

mkauai
www.ronpaulriders.com/forum (http://www.ronpaulriders.com/forum)

Vvick727
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow. the first thing I see when I load O'Reilly's FOX page:

"When dissent puts Americans in danger..."

Eli
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I think no matter how it goes we need to send bill a ton of thank you letters and stuff to his office thanking him for having ron paul on the show. Show him just how much support ron paul has. And if its an attack piece? Make him feel guilty :)

Qiu
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
It looks like tonight will be ugly... look at the talking point about

when dissent puts Americans in danger

Patriot
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
O'Reilly's site does not mention Ron Paul are we sure he will be on tonight?

Qiu
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
O'Reilly's site does not mention Ron Paul are we sure he will be on tonight?
he said so in that talking point video

Johnnybags
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Its the Oreilly show. Which normally is the most ridiculous item of the day. His job is propaganda, he does it well, and tonight will be no different. I just hope that nimrod Dennis Miller is not brought in for a drunken stupor comment. All it will take to set him off like a sparkler is for Dr Paul to say, Those that would sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither. Oreilly's head would explode and Ron could just smile.