PDA

View Full Version : LA GOP Taken Over by Ron Paul Supporters

Matt Collins
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Apparently the L.A. GOP has been taken over by Ron Paul supporters -

12/06/08:

"Twenty supporters of former Presidential candidate Ron Paul showed up this morning at the organizational meeting of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County (RPLAC) and demanded to vote. They were part of a statewide effort by the Paul campaign to take over local units of the GOP."

"The Paul campaign launched an unprecedented write in effort this year for central committees in large counties, particularly those with low Republican registration. Some of the Paulistas this morning met the state election code requirement that they receive at least 20 ballots in the actual voting and some did not."

"With 26 Assembly Districts wholly or partly within Los Angeles County and seven people elected to the central committee per district, Los Angeles County has a Republican Central Committee more than three times as large as any other county in California. It also is a place where anybody can run and win - and they do. All the local flotsam and jetsam turned out today to team up with the Paulistas in an effort to take control.

Outgoing Chairman Linda Boyd congratulated the new officers and wished them well."

SOURCE:
http://www.redcounty.com/la/2008/12/paulistas-invade-la-county-gop/
http://mayorsam.blogspot.com/2008/12/breaking-news-ding-dong-boyd-is-out.html
http://boifromtroy.com/?p=7592

MY TAKE-
This is VERY encouraging news because it shows it can be done...so let's get to work!

START ATTENDING YOUR LOCAL GOP MEETINGS!

Primbs
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Will Aimee Allen be part of the LA county group?

Looks like the video was filmed in LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WryZi85IGY&feature=PlayList&p=8B33DCC80B8D05A3&index=0

The USC rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYt16M8oEgw

http://www.truveo.com/Part-1-Ron-Paul-Addresses-the-rEVOLution-at-USC/id/3551331708

kathy88
12-08-2008, 04:00 PM
congrats to you all

well done

ladyjade3
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
OK, well now the real work begins.

dr. hfn
12-08-2008, 04:46 PM
bravo, Patriots!

Matt Collins
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I would like to hear from some of these guys

sratiug
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Way cool!!!

inibo
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Woot! A little good news for a change.

Hats off!
http://www.joellesmith.com/images/Joel_Joe_Caleb_hats_off_8-03_72dpi.jpg

Original_Intent
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM
When I read the Topic I thought it was the Louisiana (LA) GOP that got taken over - I was wondering how that happened.

Still very good news!

Wiseburn
12-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I would like to hear from some of these guys

http://january2012.blogspot.com/2008/12/we-have-quorum-la-gop-reorganization.html

We Have A Quorum!!! L.A. GOP Reorganization Meeting December 6th

Saturday December 6th was a great day for Freedom in Los Angeles.

And that matters because L.A. County is a huge chunk of our beloved Republic!

It hasn't been much reported, but in all measure a bloodless "coup" occurred within the Ronald Reagan State Building downtown. And virtually the entire leadership of the LA.GOP was ousted in favor of honest grassroots change.

Imperial
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I thought for a second this was the state Lousiana GOP...if only....then I could be screaming out payback is a [redacted]!

Still, Los Angeles is a pretty big win.

reagle
12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow ! Good job.

newyearsrevolution08
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Winning local elections is the fastest and easiest way to boost grassroots morale AND overall numbers of course. Plus the added bonus of SHOWING small cities what living with FULL liberties is like.

We need to take over ALL local positions as well as local political groups. The great part about efforts like these is that all you have to worry about is "your own backyard". No need to wait for orders from the top, or a great idea that someone else has. You just focus on taking over everything locally and don't worry about other cities and towns until YOURS is dealt with already and FILLED with Patriots in all areas of the local government, political and city ran.

This will be cheaper that national runs + it will show results much faster because local laws can be changed easier than state/national can. Get some local sheeple to WAKE UP!

Great job in LA for sure!

ShowMeLiberty
12-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Woot!

ronpaulhawaii
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Woot!

+1

RCA
12-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arklatex
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
relocating to cali never seemed so tempting...

we're taking over - starting a local precinct near you!

tonesforjonesbones
12-08-2008, 09:24 PM
HAHAHAH WHOOOOO HOOOOO! WAY to go <doin the happy dance>!!!! Congratulations ! That makes my heart sing!! Tones

www.truthwarrior.ning.com

PatriotOne
12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Congrats!

FindLiberty
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
very nice!

Knightskye
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
RPLAC

Gotta love convenient acronyms.

Ron Paul's Los Angeles County!

mudhoney
12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Very encouraging! We need to get this done nation-wide.

jake
12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
who's next?!

rpftw88
12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Cool

tremendoustie
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Someone tell me the official site where I can figure out where the next meeting is. The only one I found (lagop.org), has a Dec. 6th meeting scheduled as a "Victory Elephant Breakfast" at dennnys. I'm pretty sure that wasn't right, so I need a place for good info. Tks!

Also, if someone here is involved with the LA GOP, I'm in LA, and interested in helping, so pm me :).

bojo68
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Nice goin!:) Glad to hear some good news once in awhile!:) Hate to ask, but what are the voter registration percentages(repub/democrat/other) there?

Matt Collins
12-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Looks like the other Orange County (Orlando) is having a similar situation:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1860757

0zzy
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I live in Los Angeles!

purplechoe
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
FREEDOM!

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/braveheart.jpg

bkreigh
12-08-2008, 11:31 PM
sounds like we should donate some money to these guys if they continue to do the right thing.

Hopefully they keep us posted!!!

newyearsrevolution08
12-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Well it looks like others are taking care of their own backyards... so now about the rest of us....

Battle plans must be formed, lines must be drawn in the sand, take no prisoners and get our country BACK! (politically of course....)

So any word on how they accomplished this, anything that we can duplicate, already strong strategy OR just a ton of hard work to get it going in the right direction? I guess my question is, are these ideas coming from the TOP or from the grassroots alone with their own strategy and battle plan?

Primbs
12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
There is lots of opportunity here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_County,_California

There are fifteen city council seats and the LA. The board of supervisors is very powerful.

The city council are almost like congressmen. They have huge budgets, huge staffs etc.

There are many small cities that have their own mayor and city council inside LA county.

Pauls' Revere
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
sounds like we should donate some money to these guys if they continue to do the right thing.

Hopefully they keep us posted!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Lets show the rest of the GOP were serious so that we can get in!

WOW BRAVO ZULU!

where do I donate?

OUT-FRIGGIN-STANDING!

:D

newyearsrevolution08
12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
why donate to someone elses backyard? Start this same effort in your own area. It looks like they have their "backyard" taken care of OR progress towards getting it dealt with. I think it shows us what is possible and what we need to do in our own cities.

So strategies.... besides giving others money to do the work, what can WE do to duplicate these efforts.

Pauls' Revere
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
BRAVO ZULU RENEGADES !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw&feature=related

Allan Bartlett
12-09-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.redcounty.com/la/2008/12/a-new-executive-board-at-rplac/

The following is important information that relates to the Republican Party of Los Angeles County.

New Executive Board

I am taking this opportunity to inform all Republicans in Los Angeles County about the results of the election for officers of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County for 2009-2010 that took place last Saturday.

The County Central Committee elected the following new officers to serve for the next two years:

EXECUTIVE BOARD:

Chairman Glen Forsch
First Vice-Chairman Lydia Gutierrez
Second Vice-Chairman Robert W, Vaughn
Treasurer Gary Aminoff
Secretary Roger Eshelman
Asst. Treasurer Gwen Patrick
Asst. Secretary Connie Ruffley

Your new slate of officers are organizing and preparing to move forward in the new year with a program designed to grow the Republican Party in Los Angeles County and to win elections.

The Party Needs You

As you know, the Republican Party, nationally, as well as locally, is at a low point, both in registration and in popularity. It is up to us to generate a new way of being for the Republican Party of Los Angeles County that will inspire those who left the Party, and those who have not been in the Party to want to be part of a Party whose core beliefs are protecting individual liberty, limited government, lower taxes, promoting personal freedom and responsibility and a strong national defense. We believe those are also the principles that most Americans feel are important in their lives.

The Executive Board is going to need your help and support. Finances are going to be an issue. Most of the larger donors who contributed to RPLAC, including the Lincoln Clubs of Los Angeles County, did so because Doug and Linda Boyd had established relationships with those contributors. The new board is going to have to reestablish those relationships and demonstrate its credibility to justify donors having faith that our plan will succeed.

We Need to Unify

I also feel it is important to add the following. There were several people who supported the retention of Linda Boyd as Chairman, and her slate, and were very disappointed that she withdrew from the election. Some of those have indicated they do not want to participate in RPLAC activities going forward because they didn't approve of the attempt to replace Linda as Chairman.

To those who fall into that category, and to others who have been reluctant to participate, for any reason, you should be clear on something very important. The success of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County is more important, to us, to the State of California and to the country than any individual. We need to recognize that we are at a crucial crossroad in the history of America. The question that will be resolved in the next two years is, "Will the Republican Party of Ronald Reagan be a force to be reckoned with in 2010, or will it forever be relegated to a minority status in this country?"

If you make the choice to not participate in creating a successful county party because your feelings were hurt, or because you were offended when your person did not get elected, you are placing your personal feelings ahead of the success of conservative values in America.

For me, I choose to do whatever it takes to make RPLAC a success, for the sake of the Republican Party. I hope you will, as well.

We, the Republicans of Los Angeles County, all of us - social conservatives, defense conservatives, fiscal conservatives, Log Cabin members, RLC members, CRA members, Republican Congress members, Women Federated members, disgruntled Boyd supporters, Ron Paul supporters, Mike Huckabee supporters, Mitt Romney supporters - everyone who believes in the core principles of the Republican Party needs to come together to create a successful, vibrant, resurgent party in Los Angeles County. We have much more in common than we have differences, and only by working together to support RPLAC can we succeed.

Al Han

I want to make a comment about my friend, Al Han, who I think is getting a bum rap. Al Han is unfairly being blamed by some for organizing a coup to take over the Party, or various riffs on that theme. That did not happen. I can tell you that Al Han was approached a couple of days before the RPLAC organizational meeting and asked if he would act as temporary chairman during the election proceedings. Those who asked him felt that the proceedings would have more of an appearance of fairness if Al presided since State Sen. Bob Huff is thought of as a personal friend of Linda Boyd.

Al agreed that he would take that on. An election was held between Al Han and Bob Huff for temporary chairman and Al Han won. All Al did was preside at the meeting. He was not running for any County Party office, he didn't organize anything, he had nothing to do with the election other than to preside at the meeting. He does not deserve some of the criticism he is getting.

Your Support

We need your support. The County Party is quickly running short of funds. If you are interested in supporting the Party with a contribution of $10, $25, $50, $100, $1,000 or $10,000, you can do so by going to our donation page and making your contribution online. Or, you can send a check made payable to RPLAC, c/o Gary Aminoff, Treasurer, 1800 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1420, Los Angeles, CA 90067.

Closing

Lastly, I want to express my gratitude to Linda Boyd for all the effort she has put into running the County Party during the past six years. I know that she made many sacrifices, including being away from her young children, to serve the Republican Party of Los Angeles County. Her dedication to the cause was sincere and tireless.

Chairman Glen Forsch and the entire Executive Board look forward to working with you in the coming days and months to create a new, exciting Republican Party of Los Angeles County.

Sincerely,

Gary Aminoff
Treasurer, Member Executive Board
Republican Party of Los Angeles County

tonesforjonesbones
12-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Wow, I'm so proud of these patriots! It gives all of us hope that we can accomplish what you have done! Tones

www.truthwarrior.ning.com

georgiaboy
12-09-2008, 07:59 AM
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

More wildfires in California, I see. May they spread throughout this nation, sparking a rebirth of freedom, people taking hold of their own destinies, and throwing off the chains of government intrusion!

I love LA!!

Pete
12-09-2008, 08:10 AM
That is one beautifully statesmanlike letter by Gary Aminoff. I hope that LA Republicans can put aside their differences and pull hard for freedom, truth, and justice in LA and California. Their efforts are important to all of us.

I'm going to send them a few bucks, and I hope others will, too, to get them over the hump while they are working through their new relationships and priorities.

Pete
12-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Huh. I attempted to send an encouraging note to the blog editor and got this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<losangeles@redcounty.com>:
205.158.62.207 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <losangeles@redcounty.com>: User unknown
Giving up on 205.158.62.207.

mello
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Has there been a concerted effort to do this in places where Ron Paul supporters were
disenfranchised like Nevada & Louisiana?

Constitutional Republican
12-09-2008, 03:47 PM
For those of you who haven't heard...

This has been happening all over the State of California, and even outside the State.

You've already heard about LA County (So. Cal). Have you heard about Alameda County (Nor. Cal)?

You can do it in your county too. And we want to help you do it!

http://marinrepubs.com/images/fl8.gif
Our Website:
http://www.ConstitutionalRepublicans.org

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TakingBackTheGOP

**SF Chronicle Article: (11/27/08):D
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/26/BA9414DDN1.DTL

**SF Chronicle Article: (10/26/08):D
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/25/BAJM13JKBT.DTL

~In Liberty~
The Alameda County Constitutional Republicans

puppetmaster
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
We all have this opportunity in our local areas. This is why we fight the good fight.

FOLLOW THROUGH...our efforts will be rewarded.

Lucille
12-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm just listening to a radio piece here (http://www.kabc.com/Article.asp?id=651428) on the Boyds. (Clip number 6 - Doug talks about the ouster of Linda Boyd...)

Well done, RPRs. It's a big responsibility and now it's time to prove your worth. I know you're up to the job.

OMG, the DJ McIntyre is raking them BOTH over the coals and mocking them relentlessly. It's awesome.

Allan Bartlett
12-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Kudos to Doug for bringing this victory up on his radio show

The Proservative
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, support. Our victory in Los Angeles was a collaborative effort, with not simply Ron Paul supporters, but the traditional GOP base. The key was to reach out to others in the party, not to discuss people or events, but Principle, find common ground in our firm rooted conservative beliefs.

When I initially discussed a possibly write-in campaign for the empty seats in the Committee, the idea was that we need MORE people involved, no matter what the "cut of their coat", conservatives of all backgrounds to truly create a consensus, allow the people to truly have a voice. I initially only found one other person, INCLUDING RON PAUL SUPPORTERS, that supported such a write-in, but I pushed ahead knowing that government by the people is only possible with the involvement of ALL people, no secrets, no hidden agendas, no "right people". People eventually jumped on board once the work was started, but I want to emphasize everyone reading this, thinking about doing the same thing: PUSH FORWARD!!! If your cause is noble, and your heart is true, people will eventually see your true colors, your true intentions, and JOIN YOUR CAUSE! Stay the course, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel for those whom shine the light.

Through our efforts, we elected a new executive committee, and I was able to win, from being a "lowly" write-in candidate, the Chairman position of the 46th Assembly District, representing ALL OF DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES. Seeing our true efforts, many of us are also being appointed various Executive Level positions in important committees within the RPLAC, and "we've only just begun to fight."

Letter to the write-in Patriots (which I was directly involved with, however this win included many others at different levels of committee members):

I want to thank and congratulate all of you on a job well done, demonstrating that heart and doing the right thing will always prevail against corruptness and ulterior motives.

For the write-in candidates, my hat is off to all of you. Who could have imagined that it would be your caring and willingness to BE the change that saved the day, made the difference. We fought more than most to become a part of the RPLAC as Committee Members. From the initial petitions to actually ALLOW write-in's, to getting our signatures for nomination, to finding people dedicated enough to write our names in on election day, to finally standing our ground yesterday against incredible top-down intimidation, you have all shown your unwavering commitment to not only each other and our Los Angeles GOP, but to the nation as a whole and the noble principles on which it was founded.

Like all great events in our countries history, it was the extra effort that made the difference. Others made the plans to elect a new leadership, executed them brilliantly. And when it was time for us to play our role, we did so with tenacity and resolve. When the dust settled, it was the write-in candidates that "sealed the deal", our numbers putting the quorum count at 74 members in attendance. Without 70 members present yesterday, nothing would have taken effect, effectively causing the elections to become null and void. But, when they begun the standing count for quorum, to see one of our write-in candidates actually count out "70", be the difference, shift the balance, make the quorum, words can't describe how proud and honored I felt to be standing amongst you all. We made the difference, created the change we always talk about, and this, I know, is only the beginning.

I am honored to have stood with all of you yesterday as American Patriots, and true representatives of Freedom.

Yours in Service,

--
Anthony Cinelli

It's time to clean up our own backyards...

pacelli
12-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Nice job!! How many of you guys & gals are paid CFL members?

Gary_Aminoff
12-10-2008, 10:19 PM
That is one beautifully statesmanlike letter by Gary Aminoff. I hope that LA Republicans can put aside their differences and pull hard for freedom, truth, and justice in LA and California. Their efforts are important to all of us.

I'm going to send them a few bucks, and I hope others will, too, to get them over the hump while they are working through their new relationships and priorities.

Thanks for the comment. I also hope that everyone can move beyond this upset (for many) and pull together to increase Republican voter registration in LA County and to identify and run candidates who are committed to our shared message of small government, low taxes and personal liberty.

I will be counting on Ron Paul supporters to participate in that success as well as other Republicans. Together we can achieve miracles.

nodope0695
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Good to hear! Congratulations "Paulistas."

ronpaulhawaii
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the comment. I also hope that everyone can move beyond this upset (for many) and pull together to increase Republican voter registration in LA County and to identify and run candidates who are committed to our shared message of small government, low taxes and personal liberty.

I will be counting on Ron Paul supporters to participate in that success as well as other Republicans. Together we can achieve miracles.

Congrats, and welcome. You guys give many inspiration and that is much appreciated. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more

:cool:

Pete
12-11-2008, 02:55 AM
It's great to hear from all the Californians who found their way to this thread.

As far as I know, this is the first occurrence across the whole country of RP Republicans (for purposes of identification) gaining control of county party leadership. I have high hopes for Alameda County, too. Two things that I hope will come out of this are:

Continued news from CA about how all this unfolds, so we can learn from it.
Nationwide support for LA GOP (and Alameda when control is won) so that they will have the means to accomplish their goals. I hope you will not be shy about telling us what you need.

CA CFL can help, but it needs to get organized. In OH, CFL is having its first test this week with fighting an initiative for a Constitutional Convention; our people represented well in Columbus yesterday and I am hoping that they helped swing the legislature. Our state organization is about proportional to CA's in size but is starting to get galvanized; this is only the beginning. You guys in the parties should reach out to CFL, getting involved in leadership if necessary, and help provide focus on issues. Even today, there are hundreds of people in CA who can be counted on to furnish pressure where needed, and 10,000 potential activists. Use them.

tonesforjonesbones
12-11-2008, 10:43 AM
i find it interesting that NOW they want a Constitutional Convention since the democrats are dominant in washington. I smell trouble. tones

steph3n
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM
i find it interesting that NOW they want a Constitutional Convention since the democrats are dominant in washington. I smell trouble. tones

one of the few times I agree with you, a ConCon is a con job!

jcarcinogen
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Well done "Paulistas", what they call us now (http://www.redcounty.com/la/2008/12/paulistas-invade-la-county-gop/) at least... would rather true limited government conservatives or 'little c' conservatives but whatever.

Job well don in the Los Angeles Co. Ronald Reagan building.

2 Rons make a right (http://www.youtube.com/results?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS302US303&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=2%20rons%20make%20a%20right&um=1&sa=N&tab=v1).

Josh_LA
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
RedCounty is run by Orange County Fred Thompson "center right" whores who just want to make money off internet traffic, that's why they mentioned Ron Paul here.

Gary_Aminoff
12-12-2008, 01:11 AM
RedCounty is run by Orange County Fred Thompson "center right" whores who just want to make money off internet traffic, that's why they mentioned Ron Paul here.

Josh, I posted the second post about the LA County election on Red County to get the word out to the community. I can assure you I didn't make a cent by posting it. My motives for putting up the post had nothing to do with money, but with letting the world know that we succeeded in becoming the party leaders. A bit cynical, are we?

Gary_Aminoff
12-12-2008, 01:20 AM

One more thing. As a leader of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County I want to stress that, contrary to prior years, the new administration is running an inclusive county party. We have Republicans who run the gamut from social conservative to libertarian. Everyone who believes in limited government, low taxes, personal liberty and free markets is welcome. That means we will have center right, far right and libertarians all working together. I detected some animus toward center right Republicans. Our position will be that if you aren't willing to work happily together as Republicans with all shades of Republicans to defeat socialists, statists and Democrats (a redundancy, I know) then we don't want you to bring your negative energy to our effort.

I hope you will choose to be a part of a conservative bloodless revolution and work with us in the LA County Party to grow the Republican registration to 40%. If we do that we can win the entire state for Republican candidates. We would love to work with you.

newyearsrevolution08
12-12-2008, 07:32 AM
One more thing. As a leader of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County I want to stress that, contrary to prior years, the new administration is running an inclusive county party. We have Republicans who run the gamut from social conservative to libertarian. Everyone who believes in limited government, low taxes, personal liberty and free markets is welcome. That means we will have center right, far right and libertarians all working together. I detected some animus toward center right Republicans. Our position will be that if you aren't willing to work happily together as Republicans with all shades of Republicans to defeat socialists, statists and Democrats (a redundancy, I know) then we don't want you to bring your negative energy to our effort.

I hope you will choose to be a part of a conservative bloodless revolution and work with us in the LA County Party to grow the Republican registration to 40%. If we do that we can win the entire state for Republican candidates. We would love to work with you.

That sounds way too much like a party vote versus picking the right candidates. Not saying that I am voting democrat anytime soon BUT in this years election BOTH democrat AND republican candidates were TERRIBLE.

I hope more will go into the "win the entire state for Republican candidates" than just making sure they are republicans. Most republican candidates that run are NOT actual republicans but leaning more towards government ran this and that as well which is no better than a socialistic democrat.

Getting just any republicans in office is not beneficial if they play the party politics just like the mccains and obamas of today do. Just another lesser of two evils voting at its worst.

I just can't get into rallying behind the republican party especially just to get republicans elected especially if these "Chosen" republicans are people like mccain and palin... I hope the gop was just joking with those picks, or fred... COME ON NOW, that MUST have been a joke.

Or the fox new huckster....... what a true republican.....

I think the gop needs to STOP letting just anyone claim to be a republican even if they need more candidates and voter turn out. There needs to at least be a minimum level of NON government intervention to at least PRETEND to be a true republican.

STOP GOING TO WAR! Want to reduce government spending start there and stop pretending that removing this tax, or pushing money this way or removing SOME troops is going to cut it. If there are republicans wanting to be in office who would NOT be willing to bring ALL troops home then I won't vote for them, if they won't vote to remove the federal reserve, then I won't vote for them, if they won't vote to remove the income tax then I won't vote for them, if they won't vote to remove the federal drug ban then I won't vote for them...

I see plenty wrong with the gop but mostly due to their so called "republican candidates" and trying to elect ANY republican as though getting the party in elected positions is actually going to change America for the good. Simply forgetting that the candidate his or herself is what actually matters no matter what their political affiliation is.