PDA

View Full Version : Conservative & Libs brains are different

Ridiculous
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070909/hl_afp/scienceneuroscience_070909173324

Interesting article

nexalacer
09-11-2007, 07:06 AM
I think part of that's definitely true, but it also shows what bullshit those titles are. I'm sure there are a good portion of people on this website, myself included, that call themselves conservative yet are highly adaptable. Those labels don't really talk about HOW you're conservative.... so I'd say I'm conservative in that I want to keep to the traditions that this country was founded on, not move towards big-state government.

On the other hand, my adaptable side sees that we can improve on the traditions by moving more towards a stateless government.... so is that conservative or radical?

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 07:21 AM
On the other hand, my adaptable side sees that we can improve on the traditions by moving more towards a stateless government.... so is that conservative or radical?

Used to be radical...not as radical anymore...

ThePieSwindler
09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Used to be radical...not as radical anymore...

Well, depends on who youre asking - to the initiated its less radical, but to the average American who is used to increasing statism, its very radical. We were alot closer to stateless voluntarism back when government was limited, but it was still seen as a radical gap.. then again... lysander spooner was taken seriously and he was an anarchist. Nowadays the state is so much larger and so much more removed from stateless voluntarism that the idea is completely foreign and very, very discomforting to people. So even this statement here shows how titles and labels can be misleading depending on the context.

AlexAmore
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow, I always thought me wanting severly limited government meant that I was more of an adaptable creature...one that is more prone to less "structure". I want freedom and independence.

Liberals with their big government seem to want structure and sucking the tit of the state. This shows more fear and dependence, meaning more structure needed in their lives.