PDA

View Full Version : Should the UN exist?

thehighwaymanq
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I read it in another post somewhere and am on the fence. What are your thoughts?

Does the UN help with negotiations between countries and resolve problems or should it not even exist?

Please supply links.

Andrew-Austin
12-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Can you think of any reason why it should exist? I can't but then again I don't read much about the UN.

Perhaps someone wants to site a few incidents in which the UN was key on peacefully resolving tension b/w two countries.

Truth Warrior
12-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Are the Nations United? :D

thehighwaymanq
12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Are the Nations United? :D

Haha. That's pretty good.

Kludge
12-07-2008, 04:21 PM
The UN is dangerous solely because it means there is only one supreme government. If the US government instates a draft, I can go to Canada. Where do I go if the UN instates a draft, bans guns, or forces me to pay taxes I don't wish to pay?

Shadow of a Doubt
12-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Any involuntary association is immoral. Anything the UN does to people without their consent is therefore wrong. Seeing as the UN has no problem with undertaking such actions, I would say it is a bad and immoral organization.

RedLightning
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't care if the UN exists, I'm just mad that we are so involved with it and give it so much money.

0zzy
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
If the UN was simply a place where countries and meet and speak about issues relating to the world, I'm all for it. But when money is involved to oppress people of the world, I say nay.

thehighwaymanq
12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
If the UN was simply a place where countries and meet and speak about issues relating to the world, I'm all for it. But when money is involved to oppress people of the world, I say nay.

Explain...

thehighwaymanq
12-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Bump!

Truth Warrior
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Haha. That's pretty good. The intention was only half humorous. The other half was merely the idiotic statist bogus oxymoron. ;)

lynnf
12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I read it in another post somewhere and am on the fence. What are your thoughts?

Does the UN help with negotiations between countries and resolve problems or should it not even exist?

Please supply links.

UN was at least on the surface a good intention in the beginning, but has turned into a monster, will turn into a one-world government eventually so needs to be eliminated.

lynn