PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Defend Ron Paul

Lois
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi,

Someone is giving me a hard time on another discussion forum -- they think Ron Paul is racist and just posted this article --

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/17/155438/459

Can anybody help me out here --

She also said -- " Ron Paul ran Klan member David's Duke's political campaign a few years back."

I asked her to provide a reference to that and she said --

"I was told this by a very politically savvy friend of mine last night; I'll verify it if I can and let you know where it can be documented."

Then today she said --

"I'm not content at all to leave a strong statement like that hanging in the air, unsubstantiated, and I'll get back to my friend and ask him where he got his information from. If it's wrong I'll retract it."

I'd like to start by criticizing the Daily Kos article. All I know to say is that Daily Kos is a Democrat website and they love Hillary and hate Ron Paul.

Any help would be appreciated. She's a nice person otherwise, from the Other Topics of a Nutrition forum, so I don't want to be hostile to her -- she's just in two minds about Ron Paul.

RP4ME
09-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I do know that his artcile that had racist comments in it was written he says by a ghost writer and I woudl imagine it hard to stay on top of weekly/monthy articles and if you paid someone to do it - a busy schedule could make oversight mor echallenging. Still he accepted responsibility for it, fired the writer as I recall and stated thsi were NOT his beliefs! Im sure he wont make that mistake again. I'd look at his actions on the Hill versus anything else - actions speak the truth about one's character more than words. Not that racism isnt a significiant issue but I think that so far this is the worst speculation they have come up with he is a great candidate....If someone isnt a respector of theh Constitution then id say it wont matter if they are or arent racist b/c they are not gonna protect YOUR civil liberties any how....so the point is moot in my opinion!

nullvalu
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
you could start by pointing her to a few more recent articles on dailykos

noxagol
09-10-2007, 11:01 AM
And ask her to find at least a couple more racist statements. One statement with an explanation of it not being his views a racist does not make. Also, point out all his very public statements on his correct view that we all have the same rights because we are individuals and not because we are part of some group, IE black, white, mexican, christian, etc.

ThePieSwindler
09-10-2007, 11:10 AM
"i got from a person who is very politically savvy that he ran david duke's campaign" is another way of saying "my very liberal friend who hates ron paul told me this to make me think ron paul is a racist when in fact there is no documentation of this fact"