PDA

View Full Version : Cops taser drowned dad's distraught son

speech
12-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Imagine your dad gets swept out to sea, and when the "rescue" people arrive they don't do anything...so you complain. You get tasered and arrested. Oh, your dad drowns too. Call 911 & Die. Someone should write a book.
http://conspiracy-archives.blogspot.com/2008/12/cops-taser-drowned-dads-distraught-son.html

Anti Federalist
12-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Imagine your dad gets swept out to sea, and when the "rescue" people arrive they don't do anything...so you complain. You get tasered and arrested. Oh, your dad drowns too. Call 911 & Die. Someone should write a book. http://conspiracy-archives.blogspot.com/2008/12/cops-taser-drowned-dads-distraught-son.html

They did, write a book that is:

Dial 911 and Die ("http://www.amazon.com/Dial-911-Die-Richard-Stevens/dp/0964230445)

As to the rest of the story...nothing new here, happens every day in the land of the free.

I'm sure some of our resident bootlickers will step up and tell you how it's all this guy's fault for not "obeying".

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh man, that's sickening. They need to take those damn tasers away from cops. They clearly are abusing them and this BS has to stop!!

TinyMachines
12-07-2008, 02:43 AM
that just makes you sick to your stomach.

Patriot123
12-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Oh, please... so if a person charged you as you being an officer and was threatening, as well as interfering with an operation, you wouldn't had done something? Sure, tazering might had been a bit overkill especially due to the circumstances, but if you're in that situation, you're not exactly thinking about what's most politically correct. The cops actions are understandable.

newyearsrevolution08
12-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Oh, please... so if a person charged you as you being an officer and was threatening, as well as interfering with an operation, you wouldn't had done something? Sure, tazering might had been a bit overkill especially due to the circumstances, but if you're in that situation, you're not exactly thinking about what's most politically correct. The cops actions are understandable.

That is the same thing as if a cop was trying to stop a mom from running to her dying son and she slaps the officer to get him off her and he tazers her ass and books her for assault.

I think sometimes you can learn that someone who is VERY emotional AND not a damn criminal might need some extra "rope" so to speak.

I think as an officer you should know when to pull out your tazer, gun or simple calm the kid down.

I can understand what you were saying if it wasn't dealing with a drowning issue. Like for instance if the cop was just coming to a robbery and a kid came running at him and the cop was unsure, sure take him down safely. I don't see this situation as what happened though.

I do believe a cop, just like anyone should take care of numero uno when it comes to life and death b.s. because you can't "be a hero" buried 6 feet under.... I do think they need to realize when they need to lay off the "force" part of their job and work on their person to person skills.

I have only met a couple cops worth talking to, the rest were pricks. Yes I am generalizing but that is from personal experience SO FAR, who knows maybe my next encounters will be roses and laughter.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh, please... so if a person charged you as you being an officer and was threatening, as well as interfering with an operation, you wouldn't had done something?
Done something, yes, probably. Taser him, NO. By the way, those policemen were not the ones lifting a finger to save his Dad. It was the Coast Guard.... remember? That was in fact what it sounded like that he was upset about. His father was drowning while they were waiting for the coastguard and if they weren't going to do anything, he wanted to. I don't blame the kid. I would have acted the same way.

Sure, tazering might had been a bit overkill especially due to the circumstances, but if you're in that situation, you're not exactly thinking about what's most politically correct.
Ya think? :rolleyes: Perhaps the cops should have taken that viewpoint when dealing with the kid, whose FATHER WAS DROWNING WHILE THEY WERE SPENDING TIME TASING THE SON.

The cops actions are understandable.
Actually, NO. What do you think they did BEFORE tasers? Perhaps I'm a lot older than you, but back when I was a kid, people would have been up in arms about something like this. This is pure craziness for police to be acting like this.

The tasers need to be removed from police. They are abusing them BADLY.

M House
12-07-2008, 07:12 AM
WTF, is wrong with some of these fuckers. It's not their duty to restrain the distract son. O maybe it is I have no idea what they actually teach cops these days.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Anti Federalist wrote:

I'm sure some of our resident bootlickers will step up and tell you how it's all this guy's fault for not "obeying".

Patriot123 wrote:

See, told you so...

1 cop lover or soldier sniffer = 10,000 "twoofers".

Tip, never, ever call a cop until the situation at hand has been resolved one way or the other.

sevin
12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Why are they all so damn trigger happy with those tasers? If you disagree with a cop on who is going to win the superbowl he'll fucking tase you.

Kenso
12-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Complete and utter bullshit.

M House
12-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Look he was being disturbing and saying some really meany mean words. Since police really aren't there to save the drowning dude, they needed another job to do. Thought process was something like this...
-Lo and behold some disruption and there's a crowd
-Okay gotta be quick this disruption might get outta hand
-Looks at gun shit where's my non-lethal option
-Looks at tazer, alright!

Patriot123
12-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I really just love how everyone is accusing me of condoning the officers actions. All I'm saying is that it's understandable that the officer took the action he did. You're trained a certain way as a cop, and the officer was merely acting in what was instinctual at that time, and that was to calm down a man who was going a bit crazy at the time. If he had been given fifteen minutes or so to think about what the most proper action would had been - sure. I'm sure he wouldn't had. But when you have less than five seconds to decide you're not exactly left with too many options. I'm not condoning the officers actions - all I'm saying is that I'd like to see some people on this forum try to be in that officers shoes. Or a politicians shoes.

RonPaulMania
12-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Anti Federalist wrote:

Patriot123 wrote:

See, told you so...

1 cop lover or soldier sniffer = 10,000 "twoofers".

Tip, never, ever call a cop until the situation at hand has been resolved one way or the other.

That's brilliant Nostradamus. You think 2 kids coming after police won't make others sympathetic to the cops plight? Maybe you knew it was somewhat true and had the foresight to see the others view before you posted it.

You know I don't remember anyone taking the cops view who punched the city-councilman, but these are different circumstances. I don't think the cops should have tazered him, but think of what happened: the kids don't want to save their father until the cops are mad at them, THEY call the police, and they get mad at the police for not saving their father.

Sorry, but your prediction had more to do with the fact you knew there was some truth so you made the prediction to belittle others. Why not make another prediction when you hear of other police violence no matter what the cause. You'll look twice as smart.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I really just love how everyone is accusing me of condoning the officers actions. All I'm saying is that it's understandable that the officer took the action he did. You're trained a certain way as a cop, and the officer was merely acting in what was instinctual at that time, and that was to calm down a man who was going a bit crazy at the time. If he had been given fifteen minutes or so to think about what the most proper action would had been - sure. I'm sure he wouldn't had. But when you have less than five seconds to decide you're not exactly left with too many options. I'm not condoning the officers actions - all I'm saying is that I'd like to see some people on this forum try to be in that officers shoes. Or a politicians shoes.

Which is all the more reason why tasers should be removed from police, so they could choose a different option to "calm down" the sons of a man who was drowning while they were busy electrocuting his children.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 02:09 PM
That's brilliant Nostradamus. You think 2 kids coming after police won't make others sympathetic to the cops plight?

Considering their father was drowning, no, probably not.

Patriot123
12-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Which is all the more reason why tasers should be removed from police, so they could choose a different option to "calm down" the sons of a man who was drowning while they were busy electrocuting his children.

So you'd rather have cops pulling guns, batons or throwing fists? I think tazers are a bit less harmful. Don't you agree? Cops are given tazers a reason... as a less brutal way of dealing with someone - ie rather than harming them via bullets or other more brutal ways.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
So you'd rather have cops pulling guns, batons or throwing fists? I think tazers are a bit less harmful. Don't you agree? Cops are given tazers a reason... as a less brutal way of dealing with someone - ie rather than harming them via bullets or other more brutal ways.

Here's the thing.... When tasers were first introduced, it was announced that they would be used as an alternative to bullets. In reality, what seems to be happening is they are used instead of talking, or in worse situations simply restraining the person. So no, I don't think this is good at all. Police used to be known as "peacekeepers", then it changed to "law enforcement"; now it seems to have devolved into "bullies".

Paulitical Correctness
12-07-2008, 03:26 PM
-Lo and behold some disruption and there's a crowd
-Okay gotta be quick this disruption might get outta hand

Cops need more training to be calm in situations like this. The "crowd" they're "dealing" with are still human beings. When you've got these imbeciles running around electrocuting people for petty offenses and roaming the streets "hunting" criminals, there's got to be some psychological turn around where they lose touch with reality and begin making ludicrous assumptions about every situation. Haven't you seen them when they "bust" someone? It's like a newbie hunter shooting a 12 point buck, they've gotten their "trophy". It's not like they're satisfied because they've thwarted a criminal and protected the community, the satisfaction is for them.

Whoever said earlier in the thread NEVER to call the cops is right. They don't show up wanting to pacify a situation, they show up ready to blaze guns and cuff everyone who even looks at them wrong.

They scare easily and panic, resulting in shit like this. They're like guinea pigs, all skittish and whatnot.

I once read somewhere an ex-cop saying most officers either quit or become sociopathic.

Patriot123
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
But again, you are not putting yourself in this officers shoes. I would really like to see how you would had reacted. Because I'm certain there's a good chance you would had done the same thing, if not a very similar thing.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
But again, you are not putting yourself in this officers shoes. I would really like to see how you would had reacted. Because I'm certain there's a good chance you would had done the same thing, if not a very similar thing.

Use a taser on the drowning man's children? Nope.

Patriot123
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Sure. This is the same arguments you use against politicians, too, who are only forced to do what they do because of political pressure - ie the fault of the American people.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Sure. This is the same arguments you use against politicians, too, who are only forced to do what they do because of political pressure - ie the fault of the American people.

What the hell are you talking about?

Anti Federalist
12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
All I'm saying is that it's understandable that the officer took the action he did. You're trained a certain way as a cop, and the officer was merely acting in what was instinctual at that time

Self contradictory.

You're either trained, or it's instinct.

The instinctual response when there is no immediate danger to life or limb, is not to use a less lethal weapon.

But you're right in this respect: it is the training. The training tells them to tase everybody in sight and maintain your control of the situation, facts, situation or mitigating circumstances be damned. The training is to maintain your authority at all costs, protect yourself at all costs, and if there's a little "collateral damage" to the "civilians", oh well, tough shit.

The litmus test is very simple: if you did this to somebody, what would happen to you?

But when you have less than five seconds to decide you're not exactly left with too many options

Bull. I'm tired of this excuse as well. I've worked my whole life in a profession that is much more dangerous than being a cop (most cops are killed in vehicle crashes) and have had to make many snap decisions. If you can't or are unwilling to make those decisions then you shouldn't be a cop.

Politicians like...Ron Paul?

Same answer as above. If you can't run on, and stick to, your principles, then you shouldn't be a politician.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
That's brilliant Nostradamus.

It is, isn't it? I astound myself sometimes.

No soothsaying or prognostication is required.

Every time, and I mean every time, a story about out of control cops gets posted, there will always be a percentage of people, no matter how bad the circumstances may be, that defend the cop(s) in question. Their defense is always the same as well, some trite, reactionary blather about how "you weren't in the cops shoes" and "their job is so difficult" usually accompanied by a surfeit of crocodile tears shed for those "brave boys in blue, holding the line to keep us safe".

Horseshit.

Cops are the front line soldiers of corrupt prison/industrial complex that have been trained to view us as the "enemy". And that if there is any question, any doubt whatsoever, we are to be "neutralized", no questions asked and thrown into prison, where we will add to the numbers of the largest prison population in the world, both in raw numbers and per capita.

But that percentage of "law and order" conservatives can always be counted on, take that to the bank and next time, you'll be as smart as me.

pcosmar
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM

Wrong, If I were in the cops shoes, my shoes would be wet.
I would be in the water trying my best to help the man in trouble, or I would be looking for a means to do so.

Barring that, I would try to calm the victims family.
Use of force ( any force) should be the very last option, and only when a crime has been committed.

speech
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Reading some of these responses do not put me at ease. This is a freedom forum and we need someone to hold our hand and protect us from ourselves. MSM loves to tell these stories of people saving people or animals. I can see a dog going to rescue his owner and the police putting him down on the spot.

The other brother was more of a threat and they restrained him just fine.

Only some of us see injustice here? I swear a good portion of you are police and dis info.

moostraks
12-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Reading some of these responses do not put me at ease. This is a freedom forum and we need someone to hold our hand and protect us from ourselves. MSM loves to tell these stories of people saving people or animals. I can see a dog going to rescue his owner and the police putting him down on the spot.

The other brother was more of a threat and they restrained him just fine.

Only some of us see injustice here? I swear a good portion of you are police and dis info.

quite possibly dis info, or there is a self-interest in maintaining this response from the public of fear and awe at their necessary (:rolleyes:) control of every situation.

moostraks
12-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Anti Federalist wrote:

Well said!

angelatc
12-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Anti Federalist wrote:

You can't call anybody without the cops showing up though. Call an ambulance or the fire department, and the cops are almost always the first responders. I assume it is the same for the coast guard.

Anti Federalist
12-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Well said!

Thanks, it's a tip I do live by.

Anti Federalist
12-08-2008, 08:38 AM
You can't call anybody without the cops showing up though. Call an ambulance or the fire department, and the cops are almost always the first responders. I assume it is the same for the coast guard.

The trick there is to avoid the 911 system as much as you can.

Have the direct numbers to the EMT or Fire Department on hand, especially if you live rural.

But my comment also extends, perhaps with lesser force, to those agencies as well.

For many years I was involved in marine rescue/towing and salvage, and I can't tell you how may times Uncle Sam's Confused Group botched a marine operation.

My philosophy is simple: involving yourself with any of these "rescue" agencies can cause much more harm than good, in many cases. And once they have seized control of a situation, no matter how bad they may be bollixing the job, any attempt by you to correct the situation will result in your arrest. So, do what you can to mitigate the reasons why they would be involved in your life, invest in as much fire protection and prevention that you can, learn as much first aid and medical training that you can.

Now, sure, if someone is suffering a massive heart attack, or you come home to find your house "fully involved", then yeah, call who you have to.

But, as much as you can, make a 911 call your last resort, not first.

Wendi
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
You can't call anybody without the cops showing up though. Call an ambulance or the fire department, and the cops are almost always the first responders. I assume it is the same for the coast guard. I lived on the coast for many years and had several occasions to call the coastguard, and to see others call them. Never once did I see the cops respond first to these situations. Learn the direct emergency contact numbers for your local emergency departments without going through the 911 system. If you call through 911, they send cops. If you call direct, they send who you actually need.

Edit to add ... ^^ What he said, since I didn't finish reading the thread before I posted :o

Anti Federalist
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
This is a frightening tale of our civil liberties being violated and our religious freedoms being persecuted.

http://www.chron.com/disp/discuss.mp...n/6150136.html

Sikh family accuses deputies of abuse, taunts

The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating allegations that deputies harassed a family of Sikhs whose home was burglarized last week.

Family members say the deputies handcuffed them, roughed them up and taunted them instead of taking a report on the break-in.

One deputy reportedly asked them if they'd "heard about the bombings in Bombay." Another allegedly said he had been to Kuwait and "knew about Muslims."

Since 9/11, misperceptions about Sikhs' religiously mandated turbans and beards have led to an increase in discrimination against Sikhs, according to the New York-based Sikh Coalition.

The family reported the incident to the Coalition, which called for the sheriff's office to fire the four deputies involved and issue a formal apology to the family.

"The allegations, if they're true, are certainly intolerable and inconsistent with our policies," said sheriff's spokesman John Legg.

The deputies could face anything from disciplinary action to termination, Legg said. He declined to release their names pending further investigation.

The Sikh family returned home to the 10800 block of Oak Bayou Lane on the night of Nov. 26 to discover a broken window in a bathroom and belongings strewn on the floor of the master bedroom. Jewelry and money was missing.

Ramandeep Singh, 28, called 911 and went to the driveway to greet the deputy when his patrol car pulled up.

"Right from that instant, he didn't ask us what was going on or if we were OK, he just looked at me and he goes, 'Do you have an ID?'" recalled Singh, who has a beard and wears a turban.

Singh offered to retrieve his ID from the house and invited the officer to accompany him.

After handing over the ID, Singh and his relatives showed the deputy the broken window. But the deputy couldn't seem to focus on the break-in, Singh said.

"It just looked like he didn't want to be there," he said. "I sensed a little uneasiness from him."

Deputy 'freaked out'
Then the deputy noticed his sister's Kirpan, a small ceremonial knife she wears sheathed on her hip.

The Kirpan is a religious article mandated by the Sikh faith, explained Kawaljeet Kaur, 35. "It's a constant reminder to me that I need to promote justice for all," she said.

The deputy "freaked out," Singh said.

"Before you know it, he has a taser pointed at her forehead, he's calling for backup, he's raising his voice, like, 'Shut up, shut up! '"

"I told him, you know, I'm a law-abiding citizen," Kaur said. "Treat me with respect."

She offered to leave the room if the Kirpan upset him, but pointed out that it was her constitutional right to practice her religion in her own home.

"He said, 'I don't care about that,' " Singh remembered.

He said the situation deteriorated when other deputies arrived and began handcuffing family members, including Kaur's 60-year-old mother.

"They were using the f-word, and we had an 8-year-old in the house," Singh said.

One deputy pushed Kaur to the ground and pressed his knee to her back.

"They basically didn't treat us like humans," she said. "They didn't think they had to give us any answers or talk to us."

One of the deputies told the family he "knew about Muslims," they said.

"But even if I was a Muslim, that doesn't mean I'm a terrorist," Kaur pointed out.

Helpless, in shock
"It was a terrifying experience," she said. "When a hate crime is committed at your own home, you feel so helpless and so vulnerable as to who do you call for help. I will probably think a hundred times before calling 911 ever again."

Although more than a dozen deputies had swarmed the scene, none of them made any effort investigate the burglary, Singh said.

"Imagine the kind of resources that they're putting into this kind of thing instead of all the real crime that's going on out there," he said. "I mean I was just in shock. I didn't think this kind of thing could happen in Houston."

Hours after the initial 911 call, a supervisor showed up and ordered the deputies to unhandcuff the family, Singh said.

"He was like, 'Yeah, these guys are young. They don't know any better,' " Singh said. "I'm like, 'That's fine but that's no excuse to treat anybody this way.'"

Singh said his family moved to Houston from India more than 20 years ago and consider themselves proud citizens.

Racial profiling people won't make anybody safer and will erode trust in law enforcement, especially in immigrant communities, said Neha Singh, western region director for the Sikh Coalition.

"For an incident like this to occur is shameful and shocking," she said. "I really don't understand how they could justify what they did here, and I'm sure they would not have behaved the same way had the family looked different."

Anti Federalist
12-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Diabetic tazer bumpzzzz