PDA

View Full Version : Need help to flush out potential AMAZING idea for fundraising...

xcalybur
09-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Ok, I still think the idea is rough around the edges so I need everyone's help. Here is the idea:

We are currently getting a professional ad ready for use in TV markets all around the country. We could do another add that would be like a Jerry Lewis telethon. Saying something like, "Fathers, Mothers, Sisters, Brothers, and Grandparents of the men and women serving in our armed forces in a war we were lied into; Do you want them to come home? You can help the only true campaign to bring them home by donating as little as $5. Is your daughters arm worth $5? How about your sons legs? Please visit http://www.ronpaulstopsthewar.com/ to donate today."

Have some information about the war, pulling at the heart strings and we have to make it clear that they will be donating to the Ron Paul campaign, then when they click donate they will be directed to Ron Paul's donation page.

We could run this commercial in all the major markets. Especially the liberal ones. I am positive that we would get over 1 million people giving to this. Can you imagine say 1-5 million people giving $5-10 each? That's between $5-50 million for Ron Paul.

Ideas? We would make the commercial short. 15 secs to 30 secs max. Preferably shorter while still getting the point across. If we can find someone with a good voice to do the voice acting, I will make the video. Then we just need the power of DjLoTi and friends to get it out there with donations from you of course. Running this sucker on prime time main stream channels. If we do the commercial right we can focus on the female channels such as oxygen. We would pull at the Oprah crowd.

Anyways, throw ideas up here and let's see if we can bring something to the people. Oh, I'll setup the website as well if I can get some donations to setup a domain and webhosting.

Thanks.

davidhperry
09-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I like the concept a lot but language like "Is your daughter's arm worth $5?" is a little ghoulish sounding. I think we could essentially say the same thing but with a little more finesse.

Great thinking though!

JenHarris
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah I second the vote to reword that. It's not something that will get peoples attention and get them to send money, it is something that will really piss them off. I know it's coming from a good place but even I did a double take as I was reading it.

Also you need to understand that many of the military families believe that serving the country is noble and are very proud of their children. Insinuating that the money they cough up is how much they value their child's limb will make them NOT vote for Ron Paul.

Try something like:
Families of our armed forces: We were lied to by our Government. Al-Queda was not in Iraq and there were no weapons of mass destruction. Let your voice be heard. Please visit http://www.ronpaulstopsthewar.com/ and make a contribution to Ron Paul so that he can bring our families home.

Even that is a bit iffy but is less inflamatory. Lastly, I think you'd be better off directing people to the official web site for making donations because I know I'd think you were a scammer looking for cash that would never get to Ron Paul.

xcalybur
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I know the wording isn't correct, I was thinking out loud. You see where I was trying to go with it though? Trying to pull at the heart strings. We have a lot of people on these boards that are great at dialog, please help.

Thanks for the feedback.