PDA

View Full Version : Radio ad

BillyDkid
09-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I mentioned before that I intend to develop and record my own RP radio ad and purchase air time myself. I have several versions I have been working on and when I get it worked out I will post in here for your input. I don't put much stock in the "give the other guys ideas" thing. Good lord, I want to put it on the radio so the idea IS for people to hear it. Do I need to be concerned about legal issues and such? What are the issues? It seems ridiculous that I should have to be concerned about breaking the law by putting an ad on the radio - I heard this rumor that we have freedom of speech in this country, but that may be just a rumor. We do now live in a country where there are "free speech zones". If that doesn't give you the chills, I don't know what would. Are there things I have to be concerned with? Are their laws governing whether or not I can put my own ad on the radio supporting Ron Paul. Actually, it would probably be a good thing if I put an ad on the radio and got in trouble for it. It would focus people attention on the is issue. Also, I would like to post the audio when I have it done. Can that be done on here? thanks and my best, BDK

I just want to ad, I will not use the radio ad unless I get a general sense of approval from you folks in here. I only want to do something I think can really help us.

Matt Collins
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Well - you have to ask yourself - who is the target audience, and how are you going to reach them? What format radio station will your ad run on? What time of the day? Who's show?

Is this a branding/name recognition ad, or a call to action?

PS - I am a talk-radio producer and have a minor in marketing

Badger Paul
09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
A radio can help us a lot. I would encourage you to do it and buy the ad time in Wyoming (Jackson Hole, Laramie, Casper), because its the first state that will select delegate to the GOP Convention on Jan. 5 through its county conventions.

Lord Xar
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
in about 1.5 weeks, I will have 4 - 5 radio ads available.. right now I have 2.. just waiting till they are all done... so if you want to use them, "Americans United for Liberty" will make them available to you.