PDA

View Full Version : FED: The Federal Reserve Is Engineering The Economic Collapse

vodalian
12-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Check out this video, and if you like it, please vote it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOUML5f7Z8

Truth Warrior
12-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Well I guess that just makes Bernanke a liar as well as an idiot and asshole. :p :rolleyes:

Bernanke: Federal Reserve caused Great Depression
Fed chief says, 'We did it. … very sorry, won't do it again'
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405 (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405)

heavenlyboy34
12-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Well I guess that just makes Bernanke a liar as well as an idiot and asshole. :p :rolleyes:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405 (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405)

QFT!! :mad:

socialize_me
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Nah, Peter Schiff is right. These people aren't smart enough. Why would they want to orchestrate something like this anyway?? You could say it's for a power grab, sure, but they're willing to risk the largest financial institutions, the entire US economy, and the Dollar to grab some more power?? Businessmen would never take risks like this no matter what the potential payoff could be. If a revolt broke out or if the Dollar collapsed, the Federal Reserve would be ousted as would many of these politicians.

I'm not too worried about this. Even if we fall under a form of communism, I'm still hopeful. Big government naturally has a self-destruct mechanism built into it. There's no way such a government could exist for long--one that has standing armies in 155 countries, inflates its currency 75% in this past year, and is planning to have massive social programs and spending. This system will collapse and no matter how many troops they have, no one can stand up to the people. Hell, if they don't have a population behind them, they have dominion over no one. What good is a Federal Reserve if the only people alive on this planet are politicians and elite bankers??

Take a chill pill. All will be settled naturally. I'm more optimistic that these things are happening as it hastens their defeat.

Aratus
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
greenspan was totally blindsided and surprised by our recent drops in the market,
and even in retirement mode has had more perceptive I.Q points than bernanke...

socialize_me
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
They aren't engineering the collapse. Greenspan and Bernanke were taking Milton Friedman's advice the whole way. Turns out the old man was wrong after all.

sevin
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
They aren't engineering the collapse. Greenspan and Bernanke were taking Milton Friedman's advice the whole way. Turns out the old man was wrong after all.

What are you talking about? What did Milton Friedman say?

nbruno322
12-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Wall St. got drunk off of cheap credit and easy money and it was the Federal Reserve who was pouring the alcohol by fixing interest rates artificially low.

TheConstitutionLives
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Wall St. got drunk off of cheap credit and easy money and it was the Federal Reserve who was pouring the alcohol by fixing interest rates artificially low.

- Absolutely. This is not "orchestrated". Everything in the world is not a conspiracy. My mailman isn't spying on me either.

You don't hear economists who "get it" and predicted this mess saying it was orchestrated. Schiff isn't saying it. Rockwell isn't saying it. But Alex Jones says it so it must be so.

Deborah K
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
If anyone thinks the world bank is not aware of the lifespan of a fiat currency, then that person is dangerously naive. This is most definitely by design. The Federal Reserve is inextricably tied to the IMF and the BIS and is complicit in the destruction of the nation's economy, there is no doubt about it. Ron Paul refers to the Fed as a "secretive central bank". He also states the this is "the beginning of the end of the dollar hegemony. It will end because the world is starting to reject it." And the world bank has always known this.

nbruno322
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Let us not focus our energies debating whether or not this was by design, but rather slaying the beast that is the Fed before it is too late. Spread this info far and wide and don't let our movement get divided.

Deborah K
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
greenspan was totally blindsided and surprised by our recent drops in the market,
and even in retirement mode has had more perceptive I.Q points than bernanke...

Ben Bernanke is supposedly a scholar of the Great Depression. Below is a quote where he has admitted that the Federal Reserve caused the first Great Depression:

At a Nov. 8, 2002, conference to honor Friedman's 90th birthday, Bernanke, then a Federal Reserve governor, gave a speech at Friedman's old home base, the University of Chicago. Here's a bit of what Bernanke, the man who now runs the Fed – and thus, one of the most powerful people in the world – had to say that day:

I can think of no greater honor than being invited to speak on the occasion of Milton Friedman's ninetieth birthday. Among economic scholars, Friedman has no peer. …
Today I'd like to honor Milton Friedman by talking about one of his greatest contributions to economics, made in close collaboration with his distinguished coauthor, Anna J. Schwartz. This achievement is nothing less than to provide what has become the leading and most persuasive explanation of the worst economic disaster in American history, the onset of the Great Depression – or, as Friedman and Schwartz dubbed it, the Great Contraction of 1929-33.
… As everyone here knows, in their "Monetary History" Friedman and Schwartz made the case that the economic collapse of 1929-33 was the product of the nation's monetary mechanism gone wrong. Contradicting the received wisdom at the time that they wrote, which held that money was a passive player in the events of the 1930s, Friedman and Schwartz argued that "the contraction is in fact a tragic testimonial to the importance of monetary forces."

After citing how Friedman and Schwartz documented the Fed's continual contraction of the money supply during the Depression and its aftermath – and the subsequent abandonment of the gold standard by many nations in order to stop the devastating monetary contraction – Bernanke adds:

… Before the creation of the Federal Reserve, Friedman and Schwartz noted, bank panics were typically handled by banks themselves – for example, through urban consortiums of private banks called clearinghouses. If a run on one or more banks in a city began, the clearinghouse might declare a suspension of payments, meaning that, temporarily, deposits would not be convertible into cash. Larger, stronger banks would then take the lead, first, in determining that the banks under attack were in fact fundamentally solvent, and second, in lending cash to those banks that needed to meet withdrawals. Though not an entirely satisfactory solution – the suspension of payments for several weeks was a significant hardship for the public – the system of suspension of payments usually prevented local banking panics from spreading or persisting. Large, solvent banks had an incentive to participate in curing panics because they knew that an unchecked panic might ultimately threaten their own deposits.
It was in large part to improve the management of banking panics that the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. However, as Friedman and Schwartz discuss in some detail, in the early 1930s the Federal Reserve did not serve that function. The problem within the Fed was largely doctrinal: Fed officials appeared to subscribe to Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon's infamous 'liquidationist' thesis, that weeding out "weak" banks was a harsh but necessary prerequisite to the recovery of the banking system. Moreover, most of the failing banks were small banks (as opposed to what we would now call money-center banks) and not members of the Federal Reserve System. Thus the Fed saw no particular need to try to stem the panics. At the same time, the large banks – which would have intervened before the founding of the Fed – felt that protecting their smaller brethren was no longer their responsibility. Indeed, since the large banks felt confident that the Fed would protect them if necessary, the weeding out of small competitors was a positive good, from their point of view.

In short, according to Friedman and Schwartz, because of institutional changes and misguided doctrines, the banking panics of the Great Contraction were much more severe and widespread than would have normally occurred during a downturn. …

Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again.

Best wishes for your next ninety years.

Source: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405

Deborah K
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Let us not focus our energies debating whether or not this was by design, but rather slaying the beast that is the Fed before it is too late. Spread this info far and wide and don't let our movement get divided.

As free thinkers, we will always have disagreements. That needs to be okay. However, I don't think our movement will divide over this disagreement.

TheConstitutionLives
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Ben Bernanke is supposedly a scholar of the Great Depression. Below is a quote where he has admitted that the Federal Reserve caused the first Great Depression

- Cancer causes death too but that doesn't mean people smoke so they can get cancer. They smoke b/c they like the present time benefits of it.

If they wanted to destroy the dollar for a world currency they could've done that a long time ago.

Every thing that happens is not by design. It's impossible. Things are far too complex for a few string pullers to control. Paul even admits that.

anaconda
12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Nah, Peter Schiff is right. These people aren't smart enough. Why would they want to orchestrate something like this anyway?? You could say it's for a power grab, sure, but they're willing to risk the largest financial institutions, the entire US economy, and the Dollar to grab some more power?? Businessmen would never take risks like this no matter what the potential payoff could be. If a revolt broke out or if the Dollar collapsed, the Federal Reserve would be ousted as would many of these politicians.

I'm not too worried about this. Even if we fall under a form of communism, I'm still hopeful. Big government naturally has a self-destruct mechanism built into it. There's no way such a government could exist for long--one that has standing armies in 155 countries, inflates its currency 75% in this past year, and is planning to have massive social programs and spending. This system will collapse and no matter how many troops they have, no one can stand up to the people. Hell, if they don't have a population behind them, they have dominion over no one. What good is a Federal Reserve if the only people alive on this planet are politicians and elite bankers??

Take a chill pill. All will be settled naturally. I'm more optimistic that these things are happening as it hastens their defeat.

Agreed with the built-in self-destruct mechanism. But would you have advised the millions of people killed by Stalin to "take a chill pill" because the U.S.S.R. had a built-in self-destruct mechanism?

vodalian
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
For the record: The title of this thread was copy and pasted from the video, it wasn't my own words. :P

But with that said, I do believe that the problems are directly caused by the federal reserve, but they can't take all of the blame, of course all levels of government have played a role. I posted this video because I think it's a well done video with lots of good quotes.

"What would be the first two things that you would do if you were in Mr. Bernanke's seat tomorrow morning?"
"I would abolish the federal reserve and I would resign."

Deborah K
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
- Cancer causes death too but that doesn't mean people smoke so they can get cancer. They smoke b/c they like the present time benefits of it.

I don't think your "cancer" analogy fits this issue at all. Apples and oranges.

If they wanted to destroy the dollar for a world currency they could've done that a long time ago.

If they wanted to destroy the dollar long ago, just HOW could they have done it without arousing everyone's suspicions? Have you looked at the fiat history of the FRN? Here is a quote from one of the architects of the Federal Reserve, Paul Warburg:

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent."
http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quotes_by/james+paul+warburg

These things are done systematically and slowly, over generations.

Every thing that happens is not by design. It's impossible. Things are far too complex for a few string pullers to control. Paul even admits that.

I am not aware of anyone claiming that "everything happens by design". Who claimed that? You would do well to study the Rothchilds, the Rockefellers, the Warburgs, the Aldrichs and others if you think there isn't a 'man behind the curtain'.

HOLLYWOOD
12-07-2008, 09:08 PM

TW... tell us how you truly feel about the Silver-Tongued, Colluding, Conniving, Kelptomaniac who should be hung at the Printing Mill of the Potomac with Piano Wire?

Deborah K
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Ben Bernanke is supposedly a scholar of the Great Depression. Below is a quote where he has admitted that the Federal Reserve caused the first Great Depression:
Source: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59405

To further prove my point, watch this interview of Ron Paul in Sept. 07 and listen specifically to what he says at 8:39 regarding the above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziN3gt-hic&feature=related

The point is, they are repeating the same actions as they did starting in '29, and they know they are doing this. The above quote gives evidence to this. So, if it isn't by design, then what the hell is it?