PDA

View Full Version : Our Kennedy Watch thread...

Aratus
12-06-2008, 08:28 AM
seriously... Caroline may end up in Hillary's soon to be empty Senate seat

Senator Ted just stepped down from his Judiciary Chair yet retains Health

scandinaviany3
12-06-2008, 11:07 AM
seriously... Caroline may end up in Hillary's soon to be empty Senate seat

Senator Ted just stepped down from his Judiciary Chair yet retains Health

The have to keep a kennedy in politics once Ted has to retire...

Wouldnt doubt it if Caroline ran for president some day to rebirth her fathers image

Aratus
12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
in yesterday's news, it turns out that senator ted is the guy who is
consistantly pressuring new york's governor to appoint caroline!:rolleyes:

sratiug
12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't know much about Caroline, but I've seen a video of Robert Jr. speaking and he would be cool with me.

roho76
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
The have to keep a kennedy in politics once Ted has to retire...

Wouldnt doubt it if Caroline ran for president some day to rebirth her fathers image

Hey if she follows her fathers footsteps in the manner of EO11110 I'm all for it. I believe Ending the FED would rid us of 50% of this nations problems if not more. The most important thing in our lifetime. If we can give this to our children I will feel like we accomplished something.

Primbs
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM
http://leboutillier.blogspot.com/

"But, because of her last name and her family’s history, she can call Governor Paterson just “for informational purposes about the Senate” - or so we are told by the Governor himself. I know major political figures in New York who cannot call the Governor and get him on the phone - but Caroline Kennedy can get him to explain to her rudimentary facts about what the Senate does and how this selection works!"

"So someone from a “royal” political family - in the midst of a mid-life crisis - can just choose whether or not she can be a US Senator. Wonderful. Only in America."

This is, of course, a total farce.

"Similarly, Caroline Kennedy has done nothing to warrant her consideration to be a US Senator. Nothing at all. And yet it seems as if she asks for it she will get it."

"If he succumbs to this pressure, we will see the so-called mainstream media slobber all over Caroline Kennedy and treat her as if she is the Second Coming. Her lack of experience and knowledge will be extolled as a virtue. And any mistakes she makes will be glossed over."

"America was created as a rejection of inherited power. Yet, somehow, we keep drifting back to it. "

acptulsa
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't know much about Caroline, but I've seen a video of Robert Jr. speaking and he would be cool with me.

The only problem is, he inherited the Kennedy recklessness. As in, he started his own magazine, intimated in it that he just might reveal some of his father's secrets in it, and then climbed into and flew his airplane.

Not that staying close to the ground helped his father any. Wish someone would teach those guys that just because they don't have a single paranoid gene in their whole bodies does not mean they aren't out to get you.

Aratus
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
just when family ties and high public office seems to dominate our thoughts,
turns out illinois's governor has a thornier situation to deal with... today. this
makes teddy kennedy look quaintly old fashion'd... he being of the era where
the name kennedy was an automatic vote getter. illinois now nudges NY state
out of the headlines an' just when we thought the democrats capable of a quaint
blandly boring warren g. harding era normalcy, ...we see into the realms of all hacks!
this look is shuddersome. it also sets a tone for the new administration and then some!

Peace&Freedom
12-10-2008, 07:59 PM
What the Caroline Kennedy buzz may be all about, is the Clintons giving back the Senate seat they robbed from JFK Jr., when somebody bumped him off in '99 to smooth the way for Hillary. At the time of Jr.'s plane 'accident' Newsweek had already sent the story of his announcement for the Senate nomination to the printing presses. Sen. Ted Kennedy frantically called throughout the night of the crash to find out if rudimentary and standard follow-up was being done to find Jr. alive---only to find out it was not. No wonder he is being so insistent now to recover a seat that the Kennedys should have had for almost a decade.

Aratus
12-13-2008, 01:24 PM
--- fran dresser ---

senator fran dresser?

Aratus
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
senator ted kennedy has been taken via ambulance to the hospital.
he had been at the inaugural earlier on in the day, and concern over
his health is being talked about by the mass media. senator byrd had
left early, and perhaps had paced himself. one way or the other, we will
know soon if this is very serious or simply due to the strain of keeping up
with the events of the day. he was pleased over the way things were going

gaazn
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
If Caroline Kennedy gets and retains the NY Senate seat, she will be the VP candidate in 2012. Obama will probably pull a Lincoln and replace Biden next time around.

Aratus
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
if he's taken a turn for the worst, then the issue of governor deval patrick
choosing a replacement senator will loom. i doubt that we will go thru what
illinois has over the past few weeks. i had talked about a hypothetical run
in 2012 and i hope that teddy kennedy will recover. ...i've followed his bout
with cancer, and he seemed to be doing better than expected up to this point

Aratus
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
If Caroline Kennedy gets and retains the NY Senate seat, she will be
the VP candidate in 2012. Obama will probably pull a Lincoln and replace Biden next time around.

gaazn, you are on the money, and so far the governor of new york
hasn't said who he is to choose! teddy had been pressuring the
dude in albany with a string of calls on behalf of his niece caroline...