PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson/Ron Paul

Ron Paul Vermont
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Well the title says it all. I have seen threads on this topic, but no one has done a poll yet.

Would you prefer Gary Johnson to run for president in 2012 on any ticket or Ron Paul to run for president in 2012 on any ticket?

Kludge
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Neither. BJ Lawson for congress.

Ron Paul Vermont
12-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Im speaking as far as the presidential election goes. Or are you saying you would not vote?

Kludge
12-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Im speaking as far as the presidential election goes. Or are you saying you would not vote?

I will neither contribute nor vote for a "liberty-minded" Republican/Democrat presidential bid.

Ron Paul Vermont
12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I will neither contribute nor vote for a "liberty-minded" Republican/Democrat presidential bid.

Ok... Soo lets try this again. Will you vote for a liberty-minded (independent?)

Kludge
12-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Ok... Soo lets try this again. Will you vote for a liberty-minded (independent?)

Not an independent, no. I may vote for the LP or CP for the sake of securing state ballot access for candidates running for achievable positions.

Conza88
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I said other... "i.e either one"..

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
neither. Bj lawson for congress.

2010!

nate895
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Kludge:Trying to present our ideas to the American people without a Presidential candidate is like trying to steer a ship without a captain. That isn't to say that all the other offices aren't important, even to say that they aren't more important, which they are, but simply having a strong presence in the Presidential race will make it easier for down ballot candidates to win.

As for the poll: I answer "other" as in both. I am organizing the Draft Johnson movement, but would help Dr. Paul in a heartbeat if he was running.

Kludge
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Kludge:Trying to present our ideas to the American people without a Presidential candidate is like trying to steer a ship without a captain. That isn't to say that all the other offices aren't important, even to say that they aren't more important, which they are, but simply having a strong presence in the Presidential race will make it easier for down ballot candidates to win.

Education can be achieved through other means which don't tie resources to legal fees, Nepotism, and $20,000 A/C units. An independent, Republican, or Democrat run is entirely useless for ballot access, while the Libertarian and Constitution parties are ineffective, entangled, and infighting. While it's nice to hope, libertarianism (and quite arguably, conservatism/liberalism)has no place in the Executive branch of the United States at this time.

Here's a chart showing where we are:

http://freedomdemocrats.org/files/2006%20Nolan%20Chart.GIF {source (http://freedomdemocrats.org/node/812)}
2006 House rankings on the Nolan chart. The one at the top is Ron Paul, with Jeff Flake slightly lower and to the right.

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Education can be achieved through other means which don't tie resources to legal fees, Nepotism, and $20,000 A/C units. An independent, Republican, or Democrat run is entirely useless for ballot access, while the Libertarian and Constitution parties are ineffective, entangled, and infighting. While it's nice to hope, libertarianism (and quite arguably, conservatism/liberalism)has no place in the Executive branch of the United States at this time.

http://freedomdemocrats.org/files/2006%20Nolan%20Chart.GIF {source (http://freedomdemocrats.org/node/812)}
2006 House rankings on the Nolan chart. The one at the top is Ron Paul, with Jeff Flake slightly lower and to the right.
whos the other dot? jeff flake?

edit: oh... you just said

my b :(

nate895
12-05-2008, 11:28 PM

I understand that it should be primary objective, but a presidential campaign is needed to facilitate that. We will be invisible to everyone, and you cannot win office by being invisible. I think we can have Congress with the ability to uphold a veto if we had a nominee for President, and I think we could win the Presidency.

LittleLightShining
12-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I said other because I'd love to see a Paul/Johnson ticket. Or just Paul or just Johnson.

Nathan Hale
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM

I heartily disagree. Voters are primed for a healthy dose of libertarianism, so long as it comes in the correct package (which we have yet to offer except in a few specific instances). A strong, major party candidate with a moderate, libertarian message could easily win a primary if they had the right marketing and branding on their side.

And your Nolan Chart analysis likely uses the "official" version of Nolan Chart questions - which pit tip-of-the-diamond LP purist radicalism vs everything else in the whole of the political spectrum (i.e. it would and has put moderate libertarians into authoritarian territory because they disagreed with the extreme nature of the questions posed).

Gage
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul 2012.

$20 million the first quarter = Instant fame.

dr. hfn
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
2010! is way more important!!! get LP and CP and ron paul Republicans elected!

DXDoug
12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
lil early but maybe get everyone and combine to 1 at end