PDA

View Full Version : We the People are the PARENTS of the government!

RCA
12-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I find that one of the most prevailing misconceptions in this country is that we are beneath the government or that the government supersedes the individual's authority, knowledge or capabilities.

I think as a movement we need to emphasize this truth more. We need to push forward the idea that We the People are the creators and masters of the government, not the other way around. This misunderstanding may just be the biggest of them all.

In other words, once this is understood, all other "issues" fall snugly in place. Without understanding this, the other issues just don't "stick". For example, the Fed. Without knowing that the Fed was created by us and we can remove it, the entire debate about whether it should or can be removed is lost due to the "helpless" feeling the average American feels.

penguin
12-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I guess we should have pulled out sooner ;-) but seriously your right and people need to understand the real order of command very soon.

heavenlyboy34
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Master(citizen)-slave(gov'ment) is a better analogy for the proper relationship of gov'ment to man, IMHO. :)

smileylovesfreedom
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok, I'm grounding the Government and taking away it's cell phone until it starts to behave :p

ihsv
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok, I'm grounding the Government and taking away it's cell phone until it starts to behave :p

Mind if I watch? :D

heavenlyboy34
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM

lol ;)

RCA
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Master(citizen)-slave(gov'ment) is a better analogy for the proper relationship of gov'ment to man, IMHO. :)

Masters don't create slaves.

heavenlyboy34
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Mind if I watch? :D

I think you already are. Gov'ment seems to be throwin a tantrum! :eek:

heavenlyboy34
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Masters don't create slaves.

No, but if gov'ment must exist (and I don't think it has to), as you seem to be saying, the proper role should be as a "slave" to individuals. :)

penguin
12-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Instead of slaves, how about employees? They are still employed by the people but fired when required.:o