PDA

View Full Version : Rudy on civil liberties

militant
09-10-2007, 07:25 AM
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE5DF103DF934A25751C1A96E9582 60

enjoy.

drpiotrowski
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
''It doesn't invade any right of privacy. You don't have a right not to be identified. I don't remember a constitutional amendment that gives you the right not to be identified.'' -Rudy Giuliani

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

MadEmperor
09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
This really begs the question of how this guy does so well in the "scientific polls"

Voting 100% on appearance and name recognition FTL :(

Ira Aten
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah for Drpetrowski in his pointing out the supreme law of the land to the cross dressing Julie Annie.

I especially like his quotes about getting rid of all guns from society. That really demonstrates a guy who has a deep beleif in the Constituiton.

Julie Annie would have Military spy sattelites aimed at us, and share the info with "Laawwrrr Enforcement if we let him.

Oh wait. My bad. Bush has already ordered Chertoff and his DHS to begin that little project on Oct. 1, 2007.

God how I pray Dr. Paul wins the nomination of the Republican Party. I pray we come to our senses soon.

jjschless
09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
"Freedom is about authority."
"Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful
authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

-Rudy Giuliani

Kregener
09-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Rudy doesn't stand a chance now that Fred is in.

Fred has played tall and imposing men on TV and in the movies. America will turn out in droves for him.

apropos
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm convinced that Rudy is finished. Between his stance on illeal immigration and now this, what republican would actually vote for him? People don't turn their brains completely off yet.

BillyDkid
09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
''It doesn't invade any right of privacy. You don't have a right not to be identified. I don't remember a constitutional amendment that gives you the right not to be identified.'' -Rudy Giuliani

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
He holds on to the common belief that we get our rights from the Constitution and unless they are enumerated we don't have them. The purpose of the Constitution is to limit the power of government and not to delineate the rights of citizens. Yes, it does contain the Bill of Rights - a set of particular rights the founders thought were particularly critical to spell out in as much as these are the particular governments are invariably inclined to trample - but that certainly doesn't mean these constitute the only rights we have.

micahnelson
09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=112

I wrote quite a bit about Rudy's poor understanding of the constitution, a poor understanding shared by many of the candidates.

ThePieSwindler
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
We should be attacking fred now, not rudy, but the point still stands - rudy would be an authoritarian of a worse magnitude than Bush.