PDA

View Full Version : MTV True Life: I'm a conspiracy theorist

rational thinker
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/castingcall/index.jhtml?castingId=1486761

TRUE LIFE: I'M A CONSPIRACY THEORIST
Do you find yourself constantly questioning authority? Are you deeply suspicious of what you're told by the mainstream media? Do you believe that there are certain secrets being kept under a lid by the powers that be? Were you strongly affected by a landmark tragedy and feel that there's more to the story than what the government or MSM is telling us?

MTV is looking to document the day to day lives of people who believe that there are important stories being suppressed every day by those in power. If you appear to be the ages of 17 and 28, please write to conspiracy@mtvn.com and give us a brief description about yourself, your theories, and your daily life. Please include your age, location, phone number, and a photo.

So are all the twoofers on this forum in?

RevolutionSD
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/castingcall/index.jhtml?castingId=1486761

So are all the twoofers on this forum in?

If you buy into the official story, just explain to me 3 things:

1) Why did Mohammed Atta get a wire transfer for $100k on 9/11/01 from the Pakistani ISI, a U.S. ally, and why was this not covered in the 9/11 Commission Report?

2) How do you explain the unusual amount of puts placed on UA and AA, and why was this considered "unimportant" in the 9/11 commission report?

3) Why is bin Laden not wanted by the FBI for the 9/11 crimes?

Forget about the name calling and labeling and let's just deal with the facts here. We can't prove that the buildings were demolished of course but there are far more questions surrounding 9/11 that have nothing to do with the buildings.

rational thinker
12-05-2008, 03:30 PM

1) Why did Mohammed Atta get a wire transfer for $100k on 9/11/01 from the Pakistani ISI, a U.S. ally, and why was this not covered in the 9/11 Commission Report?

2) How do you explain the unusual amount of puts placed on UA and AA, and why was this considered "unimportant" in the 9/11 commission report?

Forget about the name calling and labeling and let's just deal with the facts here. We can't prove that the buildings were demolished of course but there are far more questions surrounding 9/11 that have nothing to do with the buildings.

I have the same questions, but the fact that they remained unanswered doesn't necessarily mean the government is responsible. With regards to 9/11, I do believe that the government was mostly incompetent, but there may also have been people at the top who were complacent and knew what was coming, but also saw the potential in such an event. I could be wrong.

The twoofers I like to tease are those who assert that there were bombs in the buildings, a missile hit the Pentagon, you know, the old scientifically debunked theories. Your questions deal with political motives and are more rational, hence I like your type of skepticism more. I believe it's those anti- science truthers who kill the movement more than anything else.

Bro.Butch
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't believe in conspiracy theories I believe in conspiracy TRUTH !!!

One big question ! What happened to the passengers (called family members in some cases from the hyjacked jet) if these weren't the planes that did the acts???

MRoCkEd
12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I hope they put someone with reasonable questions and not some guy who believes reptilians staged the holocaust or something

zach
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I doubt they'd pose a question such as,

"Do you believe that this network is relevant to your growing as a human being?"

:p

rational thinker
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't believe in conspiracy theories I believe in conspiracy TRUTH !!!

One big question ! What happened to the passengers (called family members in some cases from the hyjacked jet) if these weren't the planes that did the acts???

Okay, that question is just retarded.

Besides, look into it:

http://www.debunking911.com/

AutoDas
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I nominate danno and rickyJ

"MSM"? Ron Paul supporters are the only ones I know of that use that kind of acronym.

Leadman584
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
What hit the Pentagon?

The One
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
It won't matter who they select for the show.....it will be edited in such a way to make the individuals look like nutcases and retards.

itshappening
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Alex Jones
Austin, Texas

I'm sure he'll spend a day with an MTV crew to get out the message :cool: he'll probably bullhorn them in New York

MRoCkEd
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Alex Jones
Austin, Texas

I'm sure he'll spend a day with an MTV crew to get out the message :cool: he'll probably bullhorn them in New York
lol
i dont care if its meant to discredit theories - i would like to see an Alex Jones true life

kombayn
12-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I would be interested in watching that. It could be a good study on how the mind of a Conspiracy Theorist works. I think they fall under a certain type of personality. Some people are more susceptible to sentionalism than others (like myself). The Anti-Science (nice coined phrase by the way) Truthers are the ones that piss me off.

It kind of falls under that Creationism vs. Evolution debate, while I'm skeptical about 9/11, I don't think it was CGI, Demolition or Missiles. That's insane. What you need to look at is the AIPAC objective on their "We need another Pearl Harbor" comments than anything else. Two of the head guys Rumsfield and Cheney were in that administration, it's possible they could have caused that war by not providing information to the correct people.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1956542165192088795

The 9/11 Whistle Blowers

That's what you need to pay attention to. They are political motives that may have caused this horrible tragedy. That's where people need to wake-up, not this demolition or missile garbage.

constituent
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Alex Jones
Austin, Texas

hell, i'll do it!

constituent
Austin, TX

dannno
12-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I would be interested in watching that. It could be a good study on how the mind of a Conspiracy Theorist works.

I dunno... logically???

zach
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIYZvr3ueGw

DeadheadForPaul
12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
There seem to be 2 very opposing view of government on this board

1.) Those that believe the federal government is inefficient and that its leaders are incompetent. These people believe that those in government are incapable of managing the economy or running anything in an efficient manner

2.) Those that believe the federal government is omnipotent and that its leaders are brilliant. These people believe that the government can maintain complete secrecy about a well-coordinated attack on its own countrymen without ANYONE ever finding it. Ever.

brandon
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
It won't matter who they select for the show.....it will be edited in such a way to make the individuals look like nutcases and retards.

This is true.

I really hate the term "conspiracy theorist."

Maybe MTV should contact government prosecutors. They are the biggest conspiracy theorists of all. In fact, they are actually formally charging people with conspiracy every day!

constituent
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM

1.) Those that believe the federal government is inefficient and that its leaders are incompetent. These people believe that those in government are incapable of managing the economy or running anything in an efficient manner

2.) Those that believe the federal government is omnipotent and that its leaders are brilliant. These people believe that the government can maintain complete secrecy about a well-coordinated attack on its own countrymen without ANYONE ever finding it. Ever.

false dichotomy. i've got a diner date w/ some delicious andouille, so i won't be elaborating, nor refuting before morning, but hey it is what it is.

brandon
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM

I'm not a "truther", but this ^^^ is just wrong. No one at all believes number two as you wrote it. If the "truthers" are right, then that means millions of people have found out about the governments "well-coordinated attack on its own countrymen." These people are just powerless to do anything meaningful about it because the government has the biggest guns, the most pervasive media, and runs the schools.

dannno
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM

Wrong.

The people who you would categorize as fitting into #2 generally believe there are more politicians who fit into the #1 category.

Most government officials belong in #1. A small minority in the highest positions of power (not neccessarily President) belong to #2. They put incompetent fools into power so they can control them.

Bro.Butch
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRLPG_HplrA&feature=related

The Final Push for World Government: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1bjnkOqT8k&feature=channel

Bro.Butch
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Okay, that question is just retarded.

Besides, look into it:

http://www.debunking911.com/

I don't want to wade through all that crap, I had a serious question that I hoped someone would answer for me. Not imply I'm a retard !

I have studied the shadow gov't for over three decades. It is real, so I'm not an enemy of anyone seeking the truth about a corrupt cabal.

If it was a rocket at the pentagon and NOT a crash in PA as I have read and heard some say, WHERE are the passengers from those flights ? Give we a reasonable answer please...

BuddyRey
12-05-2008, 07:33 PM

Very good questions, but please be prepared ahead of time for not getting any answers from the Happenstance Theorists that aren't mere flippant, ad hominem-ridden dismissals. It usually goes something like:

"LULZ!!! Dumb twoofers! Put yur tinfoil hatz back on!!!"

Edit: RT answered the questions with thoughtfulness and civility, and this isn't directed toward him.

M House
12-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I think conspiracy theorists overthink themselves get paranoid and jump to conclusions. Fluoride=mildly toxic water supply, perhaps it's not there just to kill you but microbes as well. Cholera kills. The instance of having mercury in certain medical products=liability if they blatantly stated it could harm u they'd get sued, so they do the logical thing slowly reduce it. Easiest way to lie is to just keep it simple... Let's dissect the 9/11 stuff, building 7's demise (good argument, but airplanes hit the others and well that didn't look so controlled), the government itself said there should be a thorough investigation. It also appears we were well aware about terrorists being here. The anthrax scare jeez I just watched cspan with the congressional review panel to the FBI awhile back. They were acting paranoid themselves about it, and stated the anthrax was their own and not even aware of how many labs there were here that could produce it. Most of the stuffs actually pretty blatant and non-confusing until you start throwing the illuminati around.

TheConstitutionLives
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
What hit the Pentagon?

- Not a missle. I've never understood why some people would believe that when it makes no sense for a missile to be used IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

If they're smart enough to pull off this event AND keep it quite for 7 years don't you think they would also be smart enough not to use a freakin' missile that flies over a major highway where thousands of people would see it in daylight? DUH

There is definetely unnanswered questions and there needs to be a new investigation but the pentagon missile theory that many cling to is off the charts rediculous.

Andrew-Austin
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM

1.) Those that believe the federal government is inefficient and that its leaders are incompetent. These people believe that those in government are incapable of managing the economy or running anything in an efficient manner.

Like someone already said, I think this is a false dichotomy.

But lets role with option number one for a second to see how completely naive it is. Now is the government incapable of 'managing' the economy? Absolutely, the economy is not something to be micromanaged as any intervention would hurt the free market. The government is incapable of managing the economy just the same as any other group would be no matter how intelligent. If we had a bunch of Ron Paul's in the Federal government, they would not manage the economy at all.

Now can the government's extreme failures when it comes to understanding economics, and the extraordinarily long list of failures regarding many other issues, really be blamed solely on incompetence alone? Think about it for a second, how extraordinarily in the hole this country is. Obviously our government is not within constitutional boundaries at all anymore, but its also not operating in any kind of logical fashion whatsoever. We've long past the point where our government simply ceased to function properly, and now the bulk of government activity seems to benefit the interests of the super rich global elite.

A conspiracy is just a secret agreement with two or more people that is at the very least immoral if not illegal.

The Conspiracy Theory of history revisited

Anytime that a hard-nosed analysis is put forth of who our rulers are, of how their political and economic interests interlock, it is invariably denounced by Establishment liberals and conservatives (and even by many libertarians) as a "conspiracy theory of history," "paranoid," "economic determinist," and even "Marxist." These smear labels are applied across the board, even though such realistic analyses can be, and have been, made from any and all parts of the economic spectrum, from the John Birch Society to the Communist Party. The most common label is "conspiracy theorist," almost always leveled as a hostile epithet rather than adopted by the "conspiracy theorist" himself.

It is no wonder that usually these realistic analyses are spelled out by various "extremists" who are outside the Establishment consensus. For it is vital to the continued rule of the State apparatus that it have legitimacy and even sanctity in the eyes of the public, and it is vital to that sanctity that our politicians and bureaucrats be deemed to be disembodied spirits solely devoted to the "public good." Once let the cat out of the bag that these spirits are all too often grounded in the solid earth of advancing a set of economic interests through use of the State, and the basic mystique of government begins to collapse.

Let us take an easy example. Suppose we find that Congress has passed a law raising the steel tariff or imposing import quotas on steel? Surely only a moron will fail to realize that the tariff or quota was passed at the behest of lobbyists from the domestic steel industry, anxious to keep out efficient foreign competitors. No one would level a charge of "conspiracy theorist" against such a conclusion. But what the conspiracy theorist is doing is simply to extend his analysis to more complex measures of government: say, to public works projects, the establishment of the ICC, the creation of the Federal Reserve System, or the entry of the United States into a war. In each of these cases, the conspiracy theorist asks himself the question cui bono? Who benefits from this measure? If he finds that Measure A benefits X and Y, his next step is to investigate the hypothesis: did X and Y in fact lobby or exert pressure for the passage of Measure A? In short, did X and Y realize that they would benefit and act accordingly?

Far from being a paranoid or a determinist, the conspiracy analyst is a praxeologist; that is, he believes that people act purposively, that they make conscious choices to employ means in order to arrive at goals. Hence, if a steel tariff is passed, he assumes that the steel industry lobbied for it; if a public works project is created, he hypothesizes that it was promoted by an alliance of construction firms and unions who enjoyed public works contracts, and bureaucrats who expanded their jobs and incomes. It is the opponents of "conspiracy" analysis who profess to believe that all events — at least in government —are random and unplanned, and that therefore people do not engage in purposive choice and planning.

There are, of course, good conspiracy analysts and bad conspiracy analysts, just as there are good and bad historians or practitioners of any discipline. The bad conspiracy analyst tends to make two kinds of mistakes, which indeed leave him open to the Establishment charge of "paranoia." First, he stops with the cui bono; if measure A benefits X and Y, he simply concludes that therefore X and Y were responsible. He fails to realize that this is just a hypothesis, and must be verified by finding out whether or not X and Y really did so. (Perhaps the wackiest example of this was the British journalist Douglas Reed who, seeing that the result of Hitler's policies was the destruction of Germany, concluded, without further evidence, that therefore Hitler was a conscious agent of external forces who deliberately set out to ruin Germany.) Secondly, the bad conspiracy analyst seems to have a compulsion to wrap up all the conspiracies, all the bad guy power blocs, into one giant conspiracy. Instead of seeing that there are several power blocs trying to gain control of government, sometimes in conflict and sometimes in alliance, he has to assume — again without evidence — that a small group of men controls them all, and only

These reflections are prompted by the almost blatant fact — so blatant as to be remarked on by the major newsweeklies — that virtually the entire top leadership of the new Carter administration, from Carter and Mondale on down, are members of the small, semisecret Trilateral Commission, founded by David Rockefeller in 1973 to propose policies for the United States, Western Europe, and Japan, and/or members of the board of the Rockefeller Foundation. The rest are tied in with Atlanta corporate interests, and especially the Coca-Cola Company, Georgia's major corporation.

Well, how do we look at all this? Do we say that David Rockefeller's prodigious efforts on behalf of certain statist public policies are merely a reflection of unfocused altruism? Or is there pursuit of economic interest involved? Was Jimmy Carter named a member of the Trilateral Commission as soon as it was founded because Rockefeller and the others wanted to hear the wisdom of an obscure Georgia governor? Or was he plucked out of obscurity and made President by their support? Was J. Paul Austin, head of Coca-Cola, an early supporter of Jimmy Carter merely out of concern for the common good? Were all the Trilateralists and Rockefeller Foundation and Coca-Cola people chosen by Carter simply because he felt that they were the ablest possible people for the job? If so, it's a coincidence that boggles the mind. Or are there more sinister political-economic interests involved? I submit that the naïfs who stubbornly refuse to examine the interplay of political and economic interest in government are tossing away an essential tool for analyzing the world in which we live.

M House
12-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Once you start getting incredibly hypothetical and linking stuff to the past and dead people...it's really hard for a person to take it seriously. Creating deception is a current event and lies fail overtime if you don't bother to upkeep them. Just look at some of the actual material that's released and the stuff you can simply wiki. I have never understood why it's so hard to reasonably skeptical and just call bullshit at bullshit.

Andrew-Austin
12-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Creating deception is a current event and lies fail overtime if you don't bother to upkeep them.

What? Mind explaining how that is so? What mechanisms determine that the truth is almost always revealed (to enough people to be considered mainstream knowledge) over time?

If no one is looking / paying attention, a conspiracy can remain hidden.

lucius
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
...Fluoride=mildly toxic water supply, perhaps it's not there just to kill you but microbes as well...

Source that fluoride is added to water to kill microbes--I don't think you can. Fluoride is usually added after the disinfection process. :rolleyes:

Here is what wiki has, for what it is worth:

Additional treatment options

Fluoridation: in many areas fluoride is added to water for the purpose of preventing tooth decay. This process is referred to as water fluoridation. Fluoride is usually added after the disinfection process. In the United States, fluoridation is usually accomplished by the addition of hexafluorosilicic acid, which decomposes in water, yielding fluoride ions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purification

:D

M House
12-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for atleast correcting my misconception of when it's typically added to water. I was thinking they'd treat it more like a chloride which is in the same group on the periodic table and also used for disinfecting water. I don't think it's any more mysteriously harmful. I can also see how it could do more harm than good since flouridic acids could easily harm your enamel in high concentrations. O well the american dental association does need quit spouting BS about it being a super fighter of tooth decay, your right about that. Doesn't bother me though too much if it's city water. I don't exactly trust their plumbing. If you live in area with shitty water just do yourself a favor and get a water filter for your house.

M House
12-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Hahaha OMG, you Fluoride conspiracists might actually be on to something. I was thinking about it why the fuck would they insist on having actual acidic compounds added to the water supply? I mean there's plenty of options oxides whatever, if it's only about teeth and microbes. I got really turned off when I read one of those loser fluoride posts about the pineal gland and sedation. How the fuck would it even get to your brain without being reacted, filtered out, or pissed first, before it got to the blood/brain barrier? Then I remembered something from chemistry class... Fluoridic acids are used to etch glass. They probably prefer it cuz it helps in maintaining their plumbing. All that hard shit that builds up probably costs them a fortune. What better way to get rid of the hard plaque there (carbides, silicates, I'm not a plumber but yeah whatever that funk is there's always a bit of deposit). They could then justify it cuz it might provide some theoretical benefit to your teeth in same kinda concept.

AutoDas
12-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I don't trust the truthers here. they're just working for the government and big oil to report who actually does believe in true theories

constituent
12-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I was thinking they'd treat it more like a chloride which is in the same group on the periodic table and also used for disinfecting water. I don't think it's any more mysteriously harmful.

so you've never heard of bio-accumulation?

might be time to step away from the keyboard.

constituent
12-06-2008, 09:30 AM
How the fuck would it even get to your brain without being reacted, filtered out, or pissed first, before it got to the blood/brain barrier?

/facepalm

Conza88
12-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Would they put me on if I considered their program an effort to truely discredit "conspiracy theorists"... especially because of what is more than likely going to take place over the next few years? - move towards one world government.. which really ain't a conspiracy theory at all.

lol.. If I went on I'd act cool, calm and collected - completely rational and only discuss things that were mainstream... Reichstag fire... Gulf of Tonkin Incident etc..

And if its like a house thing if they all live together, you know they'll be trying to convince eachother of their theories.. Haha.. in that case, you'd just act "ok", "yep".. wouldn't engage the others...

But reaally.... who wants to make a bet or wager.. that those shown will be '9/11 was an inside job' but - i.e there were no planes, lol.... or aliens govt has UFO's and they visited; ohhh yeah vote ron paul! :rolleyes:

:eek: Regardless it won't fare good for those that do not have mainstream (MSM) views on things imo..

Yep, I'd pretty much bet my life on it...

Alex Jones
Austin, Texas

Hahah... :D!

M House
12-06-2008, 09:56 AM
How do you "bio-accumulate" something that's an acid, breaks down easily, and is clearly very water soluble? I mean do u like disbelieve everything you learned chem and biology in high school?

Conza88
12-06-2008, 10:14 AM
This is your typical "person in the know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcznbXAya78

Leadman584
12-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I haven't the slightest idea as to what hit the Pentagon. What I do know for an absolute certainty is that is was not a passenger jet. The official story goes that a piss poor pilot executed a 270 degree turn, and flew a passenger jet at 20 feet off the deck into the Pentagon at 500 miles per hour. In the process 12 tons of Titanium alloy engines evaporated like the morning dew. The windows where the engines should have made huge dents were not even broken.

Come on! For Pete's sake. Santa Claus and 12 suicidal reindeer would have made a bigger hole.

lucius
12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
How do you "bio-accumulate" something that's an acid, breaks down easily, and is clearly very water soluble? I mean do u like disbelieve everything you learned chem and biology in high school?

You research/study and then make up your own mind, instead of being spoon-fed pablum and regurgitating it in ignorance.

Here you go; hang out here for awhile: http://www.fluoridealert.org/

http://www.fluoridealert.org/images/header_logo.gif

Or read books that is what I did; here's a few to get you started:

Fluoridation: The Great Dilemma
Fluoride The Aging Factor
The Fluoride Deception
Fluoride Drinking Ourselves to Death?
The Crime and Punishment of IG Farben
From Major Jordan's Diaries

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. - Aristotle

M House
12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Fluorine action seems alot like the lets control C02. Only your taking it a bit further targeting a common element on the periodic table... Simply wiki told me that Fluoride could bind to calcium in the blood your kidneys are however really good at filtering calcium compounds so that in away might be better, I'm beginning to get a bit puzzled by this extremism. http://www.fluoridealert.org/f-industry.htm

Conza88
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Fluorine action seems alot like the lets control C02. Only your taking it a bit further targeting a common element on the periodic table... Simply wiki told me that Fluoride could bind to calcium in the blood your kidneys are however really good at filtering calcium compounds so that in away might be better, I'm beginning to get a bit puzzled by this extremism. http://www.fluoridealert.org/f-industry.htm

Rofl... wiki ain't the place to research.

Calcium Fluoride is natural in water and it is good for you.

Sodium Fluoride is NOT however. It is the main ingredient in rat poison. Studys show it decreases IQ..

It is 85 times more harmful than Calcium fluoride.

Check your toothpaste and the WARNING label on it.. if you swallow the toothpaste or whatever, contact your doctor..

Grandson of Liberty
12-07-2008, 12:50 AM
just tagging this thread for those awesome quotes. Thanks lucious!

jonahtrainer
12-07-2008, 12:53 AM
MTV is looking to document the day to day lives of people who believe that there are important stories being suppressed every day by those in power. If you appear to be the ages of 17 and 28, please write to conspiracy@mtvn.com and give us a brief description about yourself, your theories, and your daily life. Please include your age, location, phone number, and a photo.

That sounds like a really smart thing to do :eek: