PDA

View Full Version : I have angered a Huckabee supporter

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
http://www.f3forums.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1116&start=20

We are discussing what real conservatism is.

He, of course, has read Mike's book and is calling libertarians faux-cons when I say that conservative libertarians come from old right conservatism. So Huckabee saying libertarians are a threat to the GOP is like him saying old right conservatives are a threat to the GOP. He got really angry and started insulting me.

Natalie
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Haha. You owned that guy.

SamuraisWisdom
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
It took you a little while to post some good arguments :p

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Meh... he'll just come back with even more insults and pointless comments. And then maybe they'll outnumber me because the Huckabee supporters are the majority there. DeadToSin used to go there but he hasn't even been on RPF in a month D:

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 01:04 PM
great now he posted some huge thing i have to read

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 01:26 PM
thanks to whoever is helping spread honesty

georgiaboy
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
slap the embedded link and text from this thread over there and let them chew on it for a while.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=169969&highlight=conscience+conservative

The embedded link is from the Heritage Foundation, a supposed bastion of 'conservative' thought. They got this one right, anyway.

great opportunity to try and awaken these folks.

zach
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
It's kind of amusing that Huckster thinks he knows something by making a cute little name derived from a hairstyle and making into a label that's a partial clone of the same ideology that he promotes.

dannno
12-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Pwned

mello
12-05-2008, 01:55 PM
You should also correct that Huckabee fan's statement about Ron Paul:

"...we (American soldiers) are evil for being in Iraq and anywhere that's not the United States"

Ron Paul has stated repeatedly in the debates that ignoring the constitution (declaration
of war) & Bush's foreign policy were to blame, not Americans. Guys in the media like
Sean Hannity twisted Dr. Paul's statements even after Paul corrected him on those facts.

HOLLYWOOD
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Bring up Mike Huckabees theft of other's ideas...

The infrastructure theft from C-SPAN that morning...

Huck's SLIDE of HAND manipulation of Arkansas: cutting out some taxes, but passes FEES and charges that exceeding the tax cuts to pay for the same thing, but since the new theft is a fee/charge, the people can't vote on it

How about Huck's Crusade carrying the Cross wrapped with the American flag in one hand and picking your pocket with the other...

and the famous... Crusade of Mike Huckabee's Evangelical Con Aritst Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the private religous funding and free Private jet trips. using a well orchestrated plan to circumvent the FEC rules/laws.

Silver-Tongued Snaggle-Tooth Lazy Eyed Crusader can stick with his Frank Lutz audience and sorceress ways to win the sheeple on FAUX News.

pacelli
12-05-2008, 02:07 PM
The only thing that needs to be done to that thread is a very well-placed rick roll.

Jeremy
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Well I'm done with the conversation. His last excuse of "times changing" is a complete contradiction of what he said before and it is so obvious that I feel like I can't win this argument any better than I have just done. So if you're a conservative and want to continue, be my guest... but I have finished. =)

nbhadja
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Sadly that guy represents the typical voter, mindless.

A horse could figure out that the GOP is not conservative because they along with the Dems help build a massive budget deficit. Yet the sheep, like that guy, are clueless.

Lord Xar
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
What is funny about that guy is that he is contradictory.

As a huckabee supporter, I am sure he is very religious (nothing wrong with that), and he disparages you from being from the "past". He makes a few references of the past/history and modern times as if history "can" teach you something but it shoudln't be a blueprint. I didn't know things like being fiscally responsible, securing our borders, etc.. are "old views"! Perhaps one should say "lets rewrite the bible because that is old and not really how current society works! He says at it pertains to "real conservatism" its an ancient ideal with no basis in todays society, yet he probably agrees with the bible, a much much much older document and ideal system. Just odd he can't see his own contradictions.

NEPA_Revolution
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I have one quote that wrecks his point.

Libertarianism is the heart of Conservatism -Ronald Reagan

torchbearer
12-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I have one quote that wrecks his point.

Libertarianism is the heart of Conservatism -Ronald Reagan

then followed up with the neocon refrain:

but everything changed after 9/11

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Just tell that guy to say it to our faces in New Hampshire after a snowstorm.... I think we all know what to from there.

paulitics
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
He says he does not want to live in the past? He doesn't understand that liberty is a new experiment (with a window of only about 200 or so years). His philosophy of an overburdensome government to encroach our civil liberties, and boss everyone around has been in existance for 6,000 years. Huckabee and others is nothing new. Huckabee is for big government, and is proven mathematically by the charts.

Austin
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Reagan: I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism.

TastyWheat
12-06-2008, 01:56 PM
We should all be fighting on the same team and work together to make government better...
I think him and Huckabee are in the wrong party.

1000-points-of-fright
12-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Tell him that if he agrees with Huckabee then he must also believe that Ronald Reagan was a faux-con and a traitor to the GOP.

CableNewsJunkie
12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Huckabee is the establishment's newest gatekeeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLNWAtD7zA