PDA

View Full Version : Pres. Bush is "concerned" about taxpayer money going to companies that might fail

Knightskye
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
He just said it at a press conference in the Rose Garden, talking about the auto companies.

ryanduff
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I think the Puppet Masters slipped up when they went to control Obama. Seriously... "Office of the President Elect"? Whats with all the press conferences that are pretty much unprecedented. Anyway, it looks like ole Georgy gets to speak his mind... things like he talked about when he ran for president 8 years ago and things he should have done in office had he not been being controlled at the time.

acptulsa
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, yeah. What could be more embarassing to the most embarassing president in history than going out of office to the sound of all the companies he 'fixed up' crashing down?

Can't understand why he's worried. Could it be because if they weren't bound and determined to fail, they wouldn't need bailouts?

NYgs23
12-05-2008, 12:03 PM
How about a couple of weeks ago, when he was talking about the importance of the free market. Gosh, thanks, George.

constitutional
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
His speeches when he was a president were very ambiguous.

"The x company is in trouble, bailing out this company will take away from our free market. It could be a disaster and it's unfair to the taxpayers. But we don't have any other choice than to bail out the company."

Fox News headline: President Bush 'concerned' over our free market.
CNN: OUTRAGE: Bush Approves of Bail Out
MSNBC: I <3 Obama

HOLLYWOOD
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, yeah. What could be more embarassing to the most embarassing president in history than going out of office to the sound of all the companies he 'fixed up' crashing down?

Can't understand why he's worried. Could it be because if they weren't bound and determined to fail, they wouldn't need bailouts?

I wonder if his speech writers are chuckling... he contradicts himself in his scripted press conferences all the time.

It's always somebody else... always treating the symptoms and not the cause... then back it by PR crap: Concerned - Understand - Worried - Assist... all the power words... Mission Accomplished!

PatriotLegion
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I wonder if his speech writers are chuckling... he contradicts himself in his scripted press conferences all the time.

It's always somebody else... always treating the symptoms and not the cause... then back it by PR crap: Concerned - Understand - Worried - Assist... all the power words... Mission Accomplished!

I want to see MISSION FAILED!

Don't see that word in politics or in media much!!

Knightskye
12-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Fox News headline: President Bush 'concerned' over our free market.
CNN: OUTRAGE: Bush Approves of Bail Out
MSNBC: I <3 Obama

Hahahahaha. :D