PDA

View Full Version : 90 day window in NH - is this true

Johnnybags
09-10-2007, 06:11 AM
New Hampshire Alert!! - Primary Registration Warning

Topics | Urgent Action Needed, Grassroots Campaign

Passing along…

If you are planning on voting in the New Hampshire primary for Ron Paul. I suggest you head down to your City Hall ASAP. I went down today to make sure I was Registered Republican and I was told in order to vote in the primary you need to be registered for a party 90 DAYS BEFORE the primary. With talk of a December primary time is running out.

SO REGISTER AT CITY HALL NOW to avoid being locked out. Ron Paul needs all of our votes!

wgadget
09-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I thought NH was an open primary...?

apropos
09-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I think that if you are unaffiliated, when you go to vote you can ask for the party ballot you would like to fill out. Confirmation?

Johnnybags
09-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I am thinking as long as you are undeclared or repub registered you can vote but if you pulled a dem ballot as an independent last time or are a dem that wants to vote in republican primary you need to switch now. 90 days before the primary. Not sure though, these clowns change rules to suit them.

spiteface
09-10-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure but I have heard that some states are trying to change the rules. This 90 day thing is one of the changes I have heard about. I also read that at least one state is trying to implement a rule that if you have voted in the Democrat primary 2 or more times since you moved to the state, you can't vote in the Republican primary. So we need to find out for sure what is going on in our respective states *immediately*.

I believe I read this info on Dick Mills' Meetup Group, so if any of you know how reputable he is you can tell me how reliable this info might be, cause I don't know anything about him.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-10-2007, 06:33 AM
I bet a lot of Independents voted Democrat last Presidential election as that was where the contest was. Better go beat those drums wherever you can find people. I'm sure your Meetup(s) have this information, but you may want to come up with a plan to get this word out to the average voter, especially the independents.

Johnnybags
09-10-2007, 06:34 AM
As I read it, could be wrong, if you are undeclared and voted for a dem last time, you are now registered as dem unless you switch back to undelcared 90 days prior you cannot vote in republican primary. I sure hope the NH independents who voted dem last time are aware of this or there is going to be a serious issue for the democratic process. There are tens of if not 100 thousand people who are probably caught on the dem side as we sit here now. We need 75 to 100k votes to either win or be competitive, many from independents who may have voted dem last time out.

Lois
09-10-2007, 06:51 AM
I also think this is a dire situation.

We have got to find out the rules of each individual state immediately and spread the word, and continue finding out if they have changed the rules or added new rules continuously from now until the primaries.

They're probably staying up nights trying to figure out sneaky tricks to undermine Ron Paul.