PDA

View Full Version : Slate.com Youtube Video Hit-Piece

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcbfobiHTCE

:mad:

dmitchell
09-10-2007, 05:58 AM
How is this a hit piece? It isn't exactly praise, but no grossly untrue claims were made about Ron Paul. Dickerson's point that the official videos are not particularly compelling is difficult to deny.

nexalacer
09-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Eh? Was that really a hit piece? I mean, yeah, they said some negative things... Ron Paul has gray hair... the videos on the ronpaul2008 website are boring.... but they're true, right? And the video showed how strong his message is.... the fact that he's been saying the same thing for 20+ years. They even compared him to a movie hero, Mr. Smith. I don't know, I didn't see it as a hit piece so much.

P.S. I wish they'd put aravoth's videos on the official site..... I'd say at least 50% of them have brought tears to my eyes.... especially When in the course of human events... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ)

mesler
09-10-2007, 06:13 AM
What's with people? Our strongest public allies are betrayers, and flattering videos are hit pieces. :(

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Flattering? really?

I guess i am just not on the same planet as you guys.

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Eh? Was that really a hit piece? I mean, yeah, they said some negative things... Ron Paul has gray hair... the videos on the ronpaul2008 website are boring.... but they're true, right? And the video showed how strong his message is.... the fact that he's been saying the same thing for 20+ years. They even compared him to a movie hero, Mr. Smith. I don't know, I didn't see it as a hit piece so much.

P.S. I wish they'd put aravoth's videos on the official site..... I'd say at least 50% of them have brought tears to my eyes.... especially When in the course of human events... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ)

I do not think the 20 year old video is very flattering. If you see the whole thing, Paul pretty much goes postal.

mesler
09-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Sure it's flattering. It highlights the fact that his position has essentially not changed in 20 years.

nexalacer
09-10-2007, 06:33 AM
I do not think the 20 year old video is very flattering. If you see the whole thing, Paul pretty much goes postal.

He does go postal.... but I think Americans understand... that show would make anyone go postal. It was DESIGNED to make people go postal...

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Sure it's flattering. It highlights the fact that his position has essentially not changed in 20 years.

That is the ONLY flattering thing about that clip....

Watch the entire video it was taken from, you will see what i mean
Dr Paul doesnt exactly come off as 'presidential'

dmitchell
09-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Watch the entire video it was taken from, you will see what i mean
Dr Paul doesnt exactly come off as 'presidential'
True, but that is Paul's fault, not Dickerson's.

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Whatever :rolleyes:

blazin_it_alwyz
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
That video was idiotic. Basically, he just highlighted the Morton Downey Jr. Video, saying that Ron Paul has the same views as he does today, and most of those people in Morton Downey are either dead or institutionalized. Tell us something we don't know.

I think anyone who watches that video can agree that Ron Paul got mad, but with just cause, all those people in the video are idiots that kept interrupting him and saying stuff like "oh if you let people smoke drugs, I guess you will let them kill other people too" :rolleyes:

Most of the people on that show would be embarrassed to show their face in public today......

And the part about Ron Paul having boring videos, clearly he has been watching the wrong videos. I have never seen interesting videos from any other candidate....

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Well, there was the Obama 1984 video which was pretty cool.